Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Strike Fighters X

To answer some of the questions:

First one out will be "Strike Fighters 2", then most likely, the order of the release and the title of others will be "Strike Fighters Vietnam", then "Strike Fighters Europe", then "Strike Fighters Israel", then "First Eagles 2". (and then, we have three other titles - 2 add-ons and another "Strike Fighters..." game, already planned and in works following those :)

All those games will work on XP (with Nov 2008 DirectX 9.0c), as well as Vista (both DX9 and DX10).

They will bring a set of new features that we are very excited about, but most of the major changes are underneath (like folder structures), so if you already own the older XP version, these may or may not look all that much better (at least initially), and there may or may not be enough for you to run out and buy it immediately :)

One of the big thing we're trying to do is to do integeration between the titles a little better. In the past, we had to change publisher a few times, and since each one didn't want the new title to do anything with previous title by their competitors, most of the titles ended up being totally separate. Now that we're firmly in control of our titles, we want to make all our games as "modules" that can be either played stand-alone or combined together to create bigger game. Thats in theory anyway, we'll have to see how it all works out ;)

TK

--

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=36278#p36278

Cool - Strike Fighters is back! - thats not going to confuse everyone is it lol

Too early to guess anything, but the "2" in title suggests something bigger than cumulative service pack upgrade :good: also the "modules" part sounds interesting...

As for mods compatibility depends on how much things gonna change within core engine files and code. God I wish we had more info and features details available!

Yipiii!!! We will have SF series for long time to come!!

making them all interconnectable from the start sounds great! However, I'm worried about this folder structure thing. Vista is supposed to love shoving everything in the "users" directory without any option to be anywhere else (vista users, please correct me if I'm wrong) I REALLY REALLY don't want the structure getting changed and having s**t on my system drive, which I insist on keeping as clean as possible for easy reformat and reinstall. I HATE having games store stuff in my documents on my C:\ drive, it's almost filled to the limit as is!

I'm hoping for a little more polish, better comms and a livelier campaign. And a proper quick mission creator on par with other sims.

making them all interconnectable from the start sounds great! However, I'm worried about this folder structure thing. Vista is supposed to love shoving everything in the "users" directory without any option to be anywhere else (vista users, please correct me if I'm wrong) I REALLY REALLY don't want the structure getting changed and having s**t on my system drive, which I insist on keeping as clean as possible for easy reformat and reinstall. I HATE having games store stuff in my documents on my C:\ drive, it's almost filled to the limit as is!

I'm hoping for a little more polish, better comms and a livelier campaign. And a proper quick mission creator on par with other sims.

NOT TO MENTION REAL CARRIER OPS...

AND A REAL HELICOPTER FLIGHT MODEL...

[similar to Apache-Havoc :biggrin: ]

Yeah choppers would be nice as they would be a big part in CAS and CSAR's in WOV/WOE/WOI (IMHO!) but,not gonna hold my breathe on that after the frustration TK had with Longbow.I read this somewhere and that doesn't mean it's true.(CYA)There's somethings I'll pay attention too.

Glad to read TK hasn't gotten the burnout bug.Since,this is a massive series and requires a certain amount of attention to keep the customers happy with never ending support and patches.This is my favorite sim to play because of the available mods.Not because it has the best graphics,their nice but,lacking in today standards and it's not that important to me anyhow.It's not multi-player,enough said on that.Nope,it's the fun factor that "I" can mod anyway I see fit on my bought and paid for the games.So,thank you TK for allowing us to do so.On-going series it seems now and waiting patiently for the next game thirdwire will produce.

Brady

I have it both on XP and Vista and the folder structure is exactly the same in WoV, I suppose it´s the same with the rest of the games.

What other improvements will the new games have?

Coolpilot. You do realize the Thirdwire series is currently XP native...there are no Vista versions out yet. The Vista native versions are the ones with the new directory structure.

FC

Guest pfunkmusik

I'm glad the man has the vision to make this series be a lasting influence on combat flight simming.

One thing's true, the community behind him is a dedicated one. I'm sure it will be no time at all before people are converting like mad and modding for his new releases.

It's just who and what this community is. They have no qualms about getting in there and getting it done.

pfunk

For some reason I don't expect much from these re-releases, but I'm curious what new features TK has implemented. I'll probably pick up SF2 and SFI, but I'm not sure about getting WoV/WoE again.

Unfortuantely that's what Vista-certified games do. The system files (which aren't supposed to be changed) are installed into Program Files, while all the savegames, screenshots, configuration files, etc.... basically all kind of files that need to be created or changed during use are stored in the Users directory.

Edited by Gocad

sounds good.

hope he implements the new things with a sort of "retrocompatibility", so the old mods will work also on the new game.

I'm sure I will pick everything again, This guy and team really deserve it

Short Comment:

If TK builds it, I'll buy it. Period... Call it "Strike Fighters over Over the Outhouse" and I'll still buy it... He's given us so much, and it always just keeps gettin' better...

SB

Short Comment:

If TK builds it, I'll buy it. Period... Call it "Strike Fighters over Over the Outhouse" and I'll still buy it... He's given us so much, and it always just keeps gettin' better...

SB

I'll be the 1st to 2nd that!

It would be cool if there was some 'Easter Eggs' like in "The Wrench" terrains.

Brady

Edited by WDH

I'm still waiting for "Wings Across America" where you can fly the Paul or Linda McCartney. :wink:

I'm still waiting for "Wings Across America" where you can fly the Paul or Linda McCartney. :wink:

Bruce Springsteen would be more original :good:

Edit:

Sorry, citated the same again :sclerosis::sorry:

Edited by CA_Stary