swambast

WOV - Target Object Placement Interface Tool WIP

Awesome news :clapping:

It will rain down new airbases and target areas, after STT is released I bet :biggrin:

STT Brings New Functionality: Quick Add Target Objects to Target.INI

Modders, are you:

* Tired of manually increasing Target Object Numbers to add Entries into your _Targets.INI files?

* Tired of not being sure if the Target Object to include is actually in your Target_Types.ini file?

* …and looking for a faster, better way to get this done? Yeah, me too!

First off, I have to give special recognition to a Canadian friend ‘Saguanay.’ Based on my understanding; he had requested this feature literally years ago. And also after having this on my radar for a long time now, I’ve FINALLY delivered some “bonus” functionality to STT that I think EVERY Modder might appreciate. I am really excited about this feature so far.

It is the ability to quickly and directly add target object entries right into the .INI "real-time" to help save time typing in over and over the next Target # sequence, etc. Just tab on your keyboard, type in the X offset, tab, type in the Y offset, tab, type in the Heading, etc. The other really cool feature is that it can read the Target Objects directly from the _TYPES.INI list - how cool is that, no more guessing to see if a Target Object actually exists there. So, you just drop down the combo box and all of the target types are ready for you to select from... Also, I added the "type ahead" feature that finds the target objects as you type, another time saver – complete with a graphical preview!

And beyond all that, you can create customized "My Favorites" combo drop down lists to choose from. So, say for example, you are working on a river or water area. Instead of having to scroll through the entire _Types.INI combo drop down box, I can just click a "My Favorites" option to load up my custom list - in which I've stored only "Harbor and Naval” objects like Sampans, Cargo Ships, Docks, etc.. And, you can have up to three custom "My Favorites Lists"...I really find I use this a lot for quick adds to the .INI.

Finally, see it live in action by checking out the latest demo. Please note that for some reason, the demo is all funked up when I use Firefox (my personal preference) – but I have had luck with Internet Explorer no problem. Make sure you scroll down if needed to see the bottom of the screen, or better yet, if you are using Internet Explorer press the F11 key to get a Full Screen View for best results!

STT Demo: Quick Add Target Objects to _Target.INI

(just click the link above to view)

Finally, a special thanks goes out to all my Beta Users. Other than one special person (you know who you are!), this will come as brand new functionality and a new surprise. I am grateful and overwhelmed by the positive support, and as you all know I have an addiction that just keeps STT getting better and better. In fact, as I think about this Quick Add feature alone, I both rely and come to appreciate it even more than I thought I would…anyways, enjoy! :good:

Swambast

- Proud Developer of the Swambast Target Translator

STTQuickAdd.jpg

• Like 1

Is it workable in Vista?

Is it workable in Vista?

I ran a Beta in Vista with no Problems.

331KillerBee

Truly? Hrm.... I'll bug swambast because it no likey me, and could you PM your settings?

EricJ, I can confirm that other users have had success with Vista no problem but they were all running the 32-bit version; the 64-bit version of Vista was not tested yet.

Well... would it be too much to ask to give it a whirl again? And I'm running 32-bit, just checked :good:

@Swambast, I've been trying to P.M. you for a few days now but you box is full. :smile:

Finally, a special thanks goes out to all my Beta Users. Other than one special person (you know who you are!),

Hangs head in shame.... :sorry:

wrench

kevin stein

Oh my freakin' goodness Wrench...LOL...why is it shameful to be too busy right now for STT due to all of your other constant and incredibly valuable contributions to this community. Lift that head up...and I don't accept your apology because there's nothing to be sorry for. Now...dismissed (LOL)! ...And get back to work on making more incredibly valuable contributions to this community!!! :salute:

September 2009 Updates:

For Starters – Two Functional Enhancements fulfilled out of respect for Wrench:

• 1) Toggle Display Debug Status: shows current status and offers one click toggle on/off debug updates (simply updates the entry in your Huddata.ini file): DisplayDebug.jpg
  • 2) Create Test Missions for any Target Area!: Create an instant Test Mission for any Target Area (which also writes the output conveniently right into your Missions folder). The actual Mission body/text is also fully customizable if you do not want to use the defaults…! See screenshot below.
  • Better integration with FSSC: now STT reads FSSC registry settings allowing quicker access both to and from most recently used FSSC files allowing for one-click loads
  • Improved user interface: automatically jumps to the last object changes in your objects listview (no longer requiring you to scroll down to the bottom of the list)

The “featured attraction” of this version: Greatly enhanced .INI Flexibility!

• Delete Target Objects: Now you can delete target objects out from ANY row, and STT in real-time will dynamically update the Target Object #s to maintain proper sequencing!
  • Save .INIs how you want: Make “on-the-fly” changes to Target Areas such as adding or deleting objects and benefit from the real-time numeric sequencing updates, and then with just one click save/merge them directly to your _Targets.INI file or even create a “Single Target Area .INI file” allowing you to instantly load up just that one area next time instead of the entire _Targets.INI list!
  • Real-time “Mission Position” calculator: allows you type in target object x/y offsets, or if you need to translate target object x/y offsets, just type in their respective X/Y offsets and STT will dynamically report out their respective mission position coordinates for the area. And, as you add the new target objects into your .ini, STT will also conveniently write out a comment for that target object entry allowing you to easily cross-reference their values. Example Output:
    //Target[001]=Position Coordinates 496735,830163
    Target[001].Type=S-60
    Target[001].Offset=-19265,22163
    Target[001].Heading=0
  • Ad-Hoc Mission Editor to quickly replicate GroundMissions: Used to very quickly add another GroundMission that already exists in the current Mission File - that is, you want to make a copy of it but want it to be in a different position. For example: you want to quickly add more AAA into an existing mission file, and that mission file already has an existing AAA entry you would like to re-use: Click the "Open Mission File" button, and load your Mission File. Type in your X/Y Offset Coordinates and Heading. Click the “Tgt Object” drop down and scroll through your GroundMission entries – note that STT in real-time updates the GroundMission entry with the proper Position coordinates and it appears in the next viewing textbox. When you find the one you would like to copy, click the button "+ Add Entry to .MSN" button and then just click the "Save Mission" button! Done in seconds!
  • Also, ever really liked a mission and maybe wanted to include some of the ground objects as a permanent part of that TargetArea? No...? Well, I have...LOL...anyway, so I made a GroundMission Output Log - it allows you to load up any MissionFile and instantly extract all of the GroundMission entries from it, and the value-add is that it converts all mission coordinates into their proper X/Y offsets!!! Here is an example:
    GroundMission Output Log
    Generated at: 09/10/2009 4:03:46 PM

Target Area Name=091 Da Nang Air Base
    Target Area Position Coordinates=636000.00,492000.00
    Mission .MSN Source File Loaded:
    C:\SJSv7_Test_Mission.msn
    -----------------------------------------------
    //Target[001]=Position Coordinates 496735,830163
    Target[001].Type=S-60
    Target[001].Offset=-139265,338163
    Target[001].Heading=0
    //Target[002]=Position Coordinates 496735,830163
    Target[002].Type=S-60crew
    Target[002].Offset=-139265,338163
    Target[002].Heading=0
    ...etc.

Here are a few screenshots, enjoy!

STT-Targets3.jpg

STT-Targets1.jpg

STT-Targets4.jpg

Holy :yikes:

All of the new features are major by themselves. You know you could jump a few version numbers with this update!

Can't wait to try them out.

The interaction with MSN files will open up new ideas. Lots of nice Single missions can be selectively imported and much easier now to have parked/taxing aircraft in Single mission mode too. Other ideas will surface I'm sure.

And thanks for the Test Mission creation, that'll save a load of time.

Great programming Steve :good:

Thanks Umut for your continuing support and feedback - and look again closely at what I posted, there is a special surprise in there somewhere just for you...!

Enable Airfield Parking Support !!

Wonderful addition Steve, this will come in very handy indeed.

Thanks for all the effort, you are truly doing a magnificent job!

I'm going to make this update quick and to the point: I really need your thoughts and prayers, please.

I suffered an absolutely devastating back-up hard drive crash of all things...I'm still in a state of shock as almost 500GB of information may be lost and it contained almost all of my Thirdwire development stuff... :cry:

Dude... that blows... Ouch..

Oh man, I hope you can recover. I got my fingers crossed.

Oh man, I hope you can recover. I got my fingers crossed.

Same here...good luck

Tragic news, your target placement tool was as far as I am concerned probably the most usefull tool created for this community. I truly hope your work was not lost.

swambast,

I am not sure if it is any help, but i believe i may be able to help you. I *think* i did some work for you on this through rentacoder, and i still have my source code, if you need it, please let me know

Regards

Jonathan

Thanks to all for your support, the drive is in the hands of a trusted friend who works in the Forensics field. The latest update is he was able to recover some of the data from the partitions, but I am not sure how much. Also, I had him prioritize getting the family photos/docs off there first of course, as the latest update from him is the drive is physically failing. Thanks again for your support, I will be trying to extract more data over the next few days and report back later, maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope...

Hey swamblast, how goes the HDD recovery? I've got a fairly large project coming along that would benefit greatly from your tool, hopefully you can get things going again.

Thank God...!!! :declare:

Recovery complete...talk about a mishap stirring up even greater passion towards progress. I plan to be in a fury come December and January.

Wait until you guys see what I have planned next - in my humble opinion it will FOREVER change the way we do scenery design. What once would take potential hours can now be done in minutes - it is a break through beyond what I had ever imagined possible with the project. In fact, I plan to put out a teaser video in the future demonstrating the potential because it is really much more exciting to see it in action, and maybe it needs to be seen to be believed...! Stay tuned for more excitement, I hope I won't disappoint! :grin:

• Like 1

Well.... stop posting and get crackalacking on it :)