Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

The beatles

Well, i was just listening to Hey Jude by the beatles, and i got to thinking i wonder what is peoples favorite beatles song, i mean who cant like the beatles, theres gotta be one good song you like by them haha. Oh and also please no jokes about me being a scouser and them coming from liverpool, ive heard em all already haha!

EDIT: For those who dont know, a scouser is someone from the city of liverpool

Edited by scouserlad13

Man there are too many to choose from. I think A Hard Day's Night is my favorite.

I would go either for Blackbird or When i'm 64.........

There are too many to choose from..............

"Eleanor Rigby" without a doubt!

"Help" being a close second with Yesterday a close third.. Funny thing about certain Beatles' song. I much prefer the Jimi Hendrix versions of "Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts' Club Band" and "Day Tripper".

Most definitely Blackbird.

If there ever was a perfect no-frills song me thinks this would be it.

Well, i was just listening to Hey Jude by the beatles, and i got to thinking i wonder what is peoples favorite beatles song, i mean who cant like the beatles, theres gotta be one good song you like by them haha. Oh and also please no jokes about me being a scouser and them coming from liverpool, ive heard em all already haha!

EDIT: For those who dont know, a scouser is someone from the city of liverpool

Well, like said by others, a lot to choose from, but I also think of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Maybe because solo guitar part is played by non other then the "Slow Hand" himself. (The mighty Eric Clapton).

Let It Be or While My Guitar Gently Weeps

You say you want a revolution?

Well, you know,

We all want to change the world,,,

song says it all

i mean who cant like the beatles...

I dont. I got burned out on them and Pink Floyd listening to the radio. According to their play list, each band only had like 2-3 songs...

I can't choose, it's too tough. Get Back? Blackbird? Can't Buy Me Love? etc. I just can't choose.

one, two, three, four, can i have a little more..............

i don't know if i can add one more, and if i can let's do it ALL TOGHETER NOW!!!icon6.gif

I remember all the hoopla surrounding the Beatles in the mid-1960s. Both my older brothers were fans, but I was too young to really appreciate them, back then. However, by the time I was a teenager, during the 1970s, I all but wore out my copy of the Revolver LP, so I have to say that the tracks contained in that album, were my favorites.

I have one question to ask you all: Where were you on December 8, 1980?

I had worked what amounted to a double shift that day at my job, had hurried home, and was sound asleep by 11:00 PM. The next morning, the only inkling I had that something was wrong, was that as I was driving in to work, there were nothing but Beatles songs playing on all the NY radio stations. It wasn't until after I had actually arrived at my job, that I found out what that was all about....John Lennon had been shot and killed. It was the main topic of conversation in the locker room, and most of us "younger" guys were pretty shaken by that.

Scott Muni, a DJ at New York's WNEW, said it best, "It was the day that we were all forced to grow up." Muni was close to John Lennon, and after Lennon's murder he vowed to always open his show with a Lennon or Beatles record, a pledge that he kept for the balance of his career.

There are places I remember all my life,

Though some have changed

Some forever, not for better

Some have gone and some remain.

All these places have their moments

Of lovers and friends I still can recall

Some are dead and some are living

In my life I loved them all.

One of my favourites and funny thing is I was thinking this song round in my head all day at work today! I would be hard pushed to choose a Beatles song I don't like, but as Storm pointed out, the radio can kill great bands and great songs from over play.. I love Floyd but detest the Wall album at times specifically because everyone only ever knows two songs from that album from their entire work.

"With a little help from my friends"

or "Day Tripper", maybe even "Penny Lane"

I have one question to ask you all: Where were you on December 8, 1980?

I was only one month after being released from service in the Israeli Air Force.

His latest album was a big hit and the songs where playing over and over in a never ending loop all day long.

I was about to buy the record.

Then came that dreadful day when this loony shot John to death.

I remember the shock I was in.

Even now The thought of it sends shivers down my spine.

OK OK, don't push me, I'll give you another song.

A Day In A Life :yes: :biggrin:

Edited by Mannie

Are you kidding? I don't even have a favorite album!! Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul, The Beatles, Abbey Road... I guess those are my top 5. :biggrin:

I have all the albums, the Past Masters, the 3 Anthologies, the 2 Capitol sets (of the US album releases), the 1 album, the re-released Yellow Submarine and Let It Be...Naked, various and sundry bootleg CD/MP3s, and even a very rare recording of John and Paul jamming in the early 70s with Stevie Wonder and some others. :wink:

I only saw Paul in concert once back in 1990, but it was the best concert I've ever been to. The first time Sgt Pepper was performed live ever!

Semolina pilchard climbing up the Eiffel Tower

Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna

Man you should've seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe

I am the eggman

They are the eggmen

I am the walrus

Goo goo g'joob!

well, its good to see such a variation of songs here, i think my favorite songs by the beatles are Hey Jude and She Loves you ya ya ya, those two are just immense songs :P

Something in the way she moves,

Attracts me like no other lover.

Something in the way she woos me.

I don't want to leave her now,

You know I believe in how.

Somewhere in her smile she knows,

That I don't need no other lover.

Something in her style that shows me.

I don't want to leave her now,

You know I believe in how.

You're asking me will my love grow,

I don't know, I don't know.