More WIP, FC fixed the bumpiness and EricJ put a skin on with Jat's templates. I have to say this I'm glad the Navy didn't get this. This thing is ugly. Still to do, fix the lights, remove the slimmers and set up the loadout.ini's. May be tomorrow night.

img00006.jpg

img00007.jpg

img00008.jpg

img00010.jpg

img00013.jpg

The first thing I will put on it is the TARPS system und the .. eh ... short nose .. interesting bird that`s sure! You`ve done a good work on this!

She was, indeed, an ugly spud in real life.

After out wrenching on the "long-nosers" all day, I'd periodically drive to the other side of McClellan and pass the poor neglected beast by.

All forlorn in a corner by the fence line. She'd be a happy camper seeing this version of her.

Yeah, you know jets got feelings too, eh? :biggrin:

I pass by a pretty decent looking F-111B every day on my way to work. We have two of them that I have seen... the first was decent looking the other... well... not so much. It's presently sitting next to a few F-111D carcasses.

Vamp

This thing is not ugly. I like it :yes: It will be nice target :yes: (big one, hard to miss)

Well it can most definitely take off from a carrier, and quite honestly not that bad in the weeds.

post-5735-1233582876_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233582887_thumb.jpg

It's hard to believe that the 'B' survived until well into 1968 before the axe fell.

How prescient.. I was contemplating a Jolly Rogers scheme for the B....

I don't think anything can fix that :lol:

Well it can most definitely take off from a carrier, and quite honestly not that bad in the weeds.

would have been interesting. As pointed out above, it was not so much the taking off and flying downtown part - it was slamming through the flight and hangar decks and ending up somewhere on the 3rd deck just above engineering on landing that was the issue........

True, some of the few shots I have make it look huge compared to the Tomcat taking off. Then again... the Tom was probably lighter than this beast anyways...

F-14A Weights: 40,104 pounds empty, 59,7614 pounds loaded, 74,349 pounds maximum takeoff.

F-111B Weights: 46,500 pounds empty, 72,421 pounds loaded, 86,563 pounds maximum takeoff.

12000 lbs more for max takeoff weight. What a pig.

F-14A Weights: 40,104 pounds empty, 59,7614 pounds loaded, 74,349 pounds maximum takeoff.

F-111B Weights: 46,500 pounds empty, 72,421 pounds loaded, 86,563 pounds maximum takeoff.

12000 lbs more for max takeoff weight. What a pig.

yup. Of course for launch - we'd have just dialed up the cat another notch.

I don't have the landing weights - but that is where the real issue came in. It was not going to be a good plane on coming back and would have stressed the carrier decks too much. My description above is not really that much of an exageration.

So every time I fly this I'm technically "hogging"? :smile: