Sign in to follow this  
Dels

The Spectre is coming...

Coming soon.

In testing at the moment, still working on the pit. (Will be using my C-130J pit with a gunsight)

post-2240-1234166224_thumb.jpg

Lots, and lots, of mean firepower.

Oh its very sweet and loaded with surprises.

What gives? You're showing a picture of an AC-130, where's the Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion?

Check this......

img00025.jpg

Oh damn! This is awesome!

Can't have enought Spectres! :biggrin:

This one looks boner-inducing. :blink:

A good sighting system will be a BIG plus. Something like a screen while looking forward still, to decrease vertigo, would be bad-A!

:good:

Can't have enought Spectres! :biggrin:

This one looks boner-inducing. :blink:

A good sighting system will be a BIG plus. Something like a screen while looking forward still, to decrease vertigo, would be bad-A!

Spectre,might not too wise to use the term "boner inducing" in a thread titled "The Spectre is coming" :wink:

Trying to come up with a good way of shooting stuff at the moment, but is a sideward looking screen possible in this sim?

If it is, please let me know how and it will be done.

F2 on the viewlist?

I'm not sure how it was done, but you could also consider something like the B-26 cockpit (?) where the arrester hook key was tied to the bombsite - with the AC-130 you could put a sort of FLIR as the gunsight tied to the arrester hook.

I'm not sure how it was done, but you could also consider something like the B-26 cockpit (?) where the arrester hook key was tied to the bombsite - with the AC-130 you could put a sort of FLIR as the gunsight tied to the arrester hook.

Nice Idea Jtin! just like in Canberra!

Trying to come up with a good way of shooting stuff at the moment, but is a sideward looking screen possible in this sim?

If it is, please let me know how and it will be done.

Dels,

I know that there is new code allowing for the installation of an EO_CAMERA, which, when selected, will put the image on the radar screen (I think). The camera can be tied to a specific position, direction, and zoom level...perfect for setting up a side gunsight.

Here's the thread on it:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=33160

FC

You done saved me some searching, FastCargo, many thanks!

Sorry WK06604, but when it comes to left-hand turning, toothpick making, harbingers of DOOM, that is just the way I roll! :grin:

Dels,

I know that there is new code allowing for the installation of an EO_CAMERA, which, when selected, will put the image on the radar screen (I think). The camera can be tied to a specific position, direction, and zoom level...perfect for setting up a side gunsight.

Here's the thread on it:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=33160

FC

FC that is absolutely awesome!!! Consider it done!

How she work with AI so far?

I don't suppose it is even possible to make them into auto aiming turrets that track your ground targets? I guess it is an entirely different thing to have a camera track a target (like with mavs or lgbs) to having a gun do the same. Still looks like an awesome plane and I would love ty fly it and blow stuff up even if I do have to move the entire aircraft to aim the guns. Just thought it would be cool if possible, but I fully understand if it isn't, or if it is too much work to be worth the effort.

And as I mentioned in another thread, it would be neat to have communications with the crew of your own aircraft.

Select a ground target and tell your crew to attack it rather than telling your wingmen. I guess this also can't be done but hey I guess my post isn't about whats possible but what would be cool.

Maybe sometime in the future with updates to the base sim?

Gunship guns were a fixed affair until the U version came with the 25mm GAU Whatever, that one was trainable.

Not so sure what newer versions have in petto. But trainable guns considerably free the gunship of their fixed attack profile of prolonged left banking turn.

However the gunships are fully packed with a lot of avionics that do offset calulations for aimpoint bringing in relation a target tracked by one of the sensors, guns balistics and the flight parameters. In the old gunships the aimpoint was displayed on the sight picture and the pilot maneuvered to bring in coincidence the aimpoint and the fixed sight.

Gamewise the guns will be fixed and the sight too.

AI wise my Spectre edits always dove headlong onto the target and blasted away sideways happily. Haven't found a value to get the sideway offset into the CPUMind of the AI. One can address depression for strafing but no yaw.

S!

Edited by Tannethal

Gunship guns were a fixed affair until the U version came with the 25mm GAU Whatever, that one was trainable.

Not so sure what newer versions have in petto. But trainable guns considerably free the gunship of their fixed attack profile of prolonged left banking turn.

However the gunships are fully packed with a lot of avionics that do offset calulations for aimpoint bringing in relation a target tracked by one of the sensors, guns balistics and the flight parameters. In the old gunships the aimpoint was displayed on the sight picture and the pilot maneuvered to bring in coincidence the aimpoint and the fixed sight.

Gamewise the guns will be fixed and the sight too.

AI wise my Spectre edits always dove headlong onto the target and blasted away sideways happily. Haven't found a value to get the sideway offset into the CPUMind of the AI. One can address depression for strafing but no yaw.

S!

Partially correct Sir. The 40mm and 105mm have always been trainable to an extent, while the twin 20mm and 7.62mm's were not. The AC-130U does have the 25mm, as you mentioned, and is flexible. The left-hand orbit is still necessary though, to bring the weapons onto the target and the guns will then be slaved to what the Sensor Operators see via IR or TV.

-S