Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Female Drivers....

This video is sooooooo true. Of all the accidents that I've had to respond to. 99% of them involved a female driver. The other 1% ivolved young and inexperieced male drivers at the average age of 18. Hell, just the other day, some girl was doing 120+ mph on one of the freeways in a Hyundai Tiberon. Almost hit me as she drove up next to me and gave me a dirty look (guess I was in her way at 75 mph in a 65 zone). 10 minutes later, and about 5 - 6 miles further down the freeway, I found her smashed into the far right retaining wall. Man I got a good laugh seeing that (it only involved her and the wall - nobody else) as I drove by (somebody else had stopped to help her - so please don't think I was being cold and heartless - I would've stopped if nobody else did). I've even caught my mom doing stupid things behind the wheel (she claims she's never been in an accident, but for some odd reason, the car keeps coming back home with more dents than it left with when she's out driving on her own - hmmm).

For all that's said here...insurance premiums favor females over males, especially in the young driver category.

Considering insurance companies have to pay money when an accident occurs, maybe that will tell you something.

Perception and reality don't always match.

FC

in the words of the greatest man on earth

Al "4 touchdowns" Bundy

WOMEN! CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T KILL THEM ALL :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Nesher

For all that's said here...insurance premiums favor females over males, especially in the young driver category.

Considering insurance companies have to pay money when an accident occurs, maybe that will tell you something.

Perception and reality don't always match.

FC

there you go, screwing up a perfectly good myth with facts!

:biggrin:

We man are involved in more fatal accidents, not because we are bad drivers but because we are idiots.

In nine out of ten cases, the man is a better driver then a woman.

Its only because we tent to get into street fights inside our cars that kills us in the end.

Saying all that, this clip is funny as hell. :rofl:

I would actually say that on average here female drivers I'd rather meet on the street. But overall it's about being an idiot or not.

The stuff in traffic I just don't understand:

1. People that can't decide what to do, for example - bad visibility intersection and the driver is reluctant to start, that's OK but then either go or don't f..in go, don't go and then stop right at the middle of the intersection waiting to see what will I do, WTF can one think I will do? So I slow down hoping he will notice that and pass. But nooooooo I have to f..in come to the full stop for him to move his ass

2. Raining - did anybody notice how people slow down dramatically when it's raining, I mean that's OK but I'm talking center of the city where nobody would drive faster than 60kmh anyway, However that does not stop idiots to change lanes cutting in 5 cm in front of your nose mostly without blinker usage!!! But hey they are responsible drivers, they are f'''in doing 30kmh because it's raining.

3. Traffic jams - So the green light turns on, but it's a rush hour and you have no chance to pass in time and are very likely to end up in the middle of the intersection, blocking everybody on that road. Do you just go and do it thinking "I am the one and only in a hurry to get home, I'm the King, may the peasants wait for my royal ass to pass!" - well ofcourse you do ARRRRGHRRGHRGH

4. Highway - I usually drive in a slow lane with other "100MPH or less people" which is pretty funny since limitation is 80MPH, but ofcourse occasinally you have to pass into faster lane to overtake a truck for example. And...don't you f...in hate those daddy's boy a..holes that come behind you in a quite expensive car at like 105MPH(lol) and then blinking lights and pushing the horn for you to move? Where to F am I suppose to move, should I kill myself into a truck I'm overtaking for the royal idiocy to pass?

What do you think would 20mm Vulcan fit on Opel Astra?

I think women tend to hit stationary objects (like walls, fences, buildings, parked cars) more while men tend to have accidents with other cars more. That means more people are involved in the men's accidents and that makes the cost higher.

A car itself doesn't cost that much. Medical bills and litigation cost a ton.

I also don't think there's necessarily a dichotomy between the number of bad female and male drivers, it's just that the bad female ones tend to do stuff like this that's publicized for its entertainment value while the bad male ones are involved in more straightforward collisions that are old hat and not worth watching.

A few years ago when having an 'argument' with my insurance agent about the differences between my rates and those of my wife I was told that it was because men get in more accidents. Since we were sitting next to a computer, I got on the net and did a search for Canadian Stats , turns out SHE was wrong, Women get in more accidents by about 15% BUT men die more and are injured more.

Here is the problem.

Simply Scenerio

Two guys are on the road, one guy is doing 50 kmh over the speed limit and goes thru a red light and hits another car, killing both drivers (who are men). Now here is the problem. The insurance company will add +2 to men drivers, but in reality , is there any or much fault to the person who got hit and is this really fair to count a person who has little to no liability to the count for their gender.

In Canada right now, a large number of people are purchasing private health car insurance and everyone seems to be up in arms that women pays ALOT more for private HC insurance yet when you look at HC in canada, women use approx 84 cents out of every HC dollar. There is a move a foot to make it illegal to charge women more for HC but at the same time they want an exception for Car insurance.

I find Syrinx's and Racingdriver's absence on this thread rather ominous (especially Racindriver) :blink: - I bet some people got on their little black book and will be visited by Eels soon... Oh noes... Eels infiltrate even this thread!!!

And Brain32, I drive faster than 60km/h in the city, but if you want a car with a Vulcan, I suggest you get an old Mercedes (220E perhaps?), it already has an aiming reticule included! :grin:

I haven't seen Vanessa around in a few days, actually. I'm sure Nicki will chime in soon enough. :wink:

when women get in an accident for the most its cheaper to fix, when a guy gets into an accident we do it right and frack the cars up good.

MAKO is right in a way.

Women get in minor scrapes...as men we try to see just how bad we can hurt ourselves.

I'm only partially joking...

FC

And Brain32, I drive faster than 60km/h in the city...

You would need to see the place I was refering to, to know why nobody sane would do over 60kmh in that part of the city lol

BTW It's not like I'm super responsible driver either, though my only fault is complete disregard for the speed limits but even then I do pay attention and choose to pedal the living sh*t out of my engine only on empty roads or those occupied by other nuts like me lol

What about them?

They look nice. I love the one in red.

that doesn't mean I am not right.

How many male race drivers pics do you want me to post in here?

Its going to be a Loooooooong post, ain't it? :biggrin: