MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

My, Widowmaker, what dark clouds crawled over your mind?

For me, you belong to Europe too (although youinsist to drive on the wrong side),

and I know from visits to your south-west, that there really grow palm trees.

Hahaha...I'm fine really Olham...just I wish you guys would send some Indian Summer over to the North East of England.

The South has had a heatwave...but we've had wind and rain!...And I want to go Fishing!..AAAARGH :grin:

Wow, Red Dog, you must be the first to begin a campaign with the Bristol Scout.

Please report, how itm goes.

I tried one several patches ago. Very pleasant machine to fly I found and the shooting's not too bad once you get the hang of it. If, as I believe is correct, Olham, you're a 'see where the bullets go' sort of pilot rather than an 'aim with 6DOF' type... you'd find the Bristol Scout very satisfying. As long as you could cope with the boredom starting so early.

IIRC my Bristol Scout pilot was blown out of the air by Herr Archibald after 12 missions and 2 victories. Which was bizarre because that's exactly what happened to my Einie pilot... except with MR. Archibald, of course. :grin:

So the German Flak can make it unpleasant, I read?

Well, Red Dog, take care for your pilot then. Flak on my side seems to be deadly precise.

You're right, Dej, I find out on each new machines "where the bullets go".

The Pfalz is not as nice as the Albatros there - I seem to sit too low behind the guns somehow.

But now I use TrackIR that way, that I duck, press "recenter", and then sit straight. So I'm a bit higher then.

But after each new recenter, you have to remember doing it again.

Hahaha...I'm fine really Olham...just I wish you guys would send some Indian Summer over to the North East of England.

I'll send you all you can take and then some. We're having an Indian summer here, as in from the equatorial subcontinent.

The low temperature last night here was about 82^F and, although it's only now 0800, we're already getting close to 90^F. It's so humid that everything is completely covered with dense condensation. All my windows are opaque with water drops and the eaves and the trees in the yard are dripping so much that it's like there's a light rain falling. I'm breaking a sweat walking 2 steps out my door and those who wear glasses are instantly blinded when the step outside due to the condensation. This condensation also happens inside your lungs and sinuses when you take your 1st breath outside, so getting the paper in the morning makes you think you've got a bad cold.

What's happened is that our 1st cold front of fall, which came through last week, got out in the Gulf of Mexico, and quickly retreated back to dry land. But it was out there long enough to pick up a lot of hot water, so it came back as a warm front. With not a breath of breeze in it, either. I suppose those concerned with rising water temperatures should be happy, though. I'm sure this front has reduced the temp in the Gulf by 10 or 15 ^F grin.gif

Hmmm - your climate sounds like it's only fit for brewing beer.

How do you ban the moisture from your rooms? You don't want mould to spread?

Metal must rust much faster there, I assume?

To avoid getting this thread any further OT, I tried to send this via PM but your inbox still appears to be full.

Hmmm - your climate sounds like it's only fit for brewing beer.

Gawd no! Brewing would kill you right now. Fortunately, I made a batch a few days ago when the front was cold on its way south.

How do you ban the moisture from your rooms? You don't want mould to spread?

Metal must rust much faster there, I assume?

Air conditioning dries out interior air. On days like this, their condensation drain tubes flow like rivers.

Mold is the state plant of Lousy Anna (although poison ivy is a close competitor). There's no escaping it--it's on everything. So is mildew. The old houses with window-mounted A/C units have huge streaks of mildew down their walls where the condensation flows.

In general, everything left outside rusts and rots very quickly, so has to be maintained constantly. But it's a question of whether any object (say, an attachment for your tractor) left outside for a week will rust away before it becomes totally buried in fast-growing vines and briars.

My father grew up here before there was electricty, let alone A/C. He doesn't even know how he survived. It's no wonder the Euro colonists died like flies here.

To avoid getting this thread any further OT, I tried to send this via PM but your inbox still appears to be full.

Gawd no! Brewing would kill you right now. Fortunately, I made a batch a few days ago when the front was cold on its way south.

Air conditioning dries out interior air. On days like this, their condensation drain tubes flow like rivers.

Mold is the state plant of Lousy Anna (although poison ivy is a close competitor). There's no escaping it--it's on everything. So is mildew. The old houses with window-mounted A/C units have huge streaks of mildew down their walls where the condensation flows.

In general, everything left outside rusts and rots very quickly, so has to be maintained constantly. But it's a question of whether any object (say, an attachment for your tractor) left outside for a week will rust away before it becomes totally buried in fast-growing vines and briars.

My father grew up here before there was electricty, let alone A/C. He doesn't even know how he survived. It's no wonder the Euro colonists died like flies here.

Wow!...I will never complain about the British Weather again!!! :blink:

Yes, indeed, Widow, nor will I about the north sea wheather in Ostfriesland!

But he is the "Bruce Willis Die Hard" type, you know? And I got the impression,

that he really chose these circumstances of aggressive environment.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the next thing he described was alligators,

crossing through his back yard regularly.

:cool:

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the next thing he described was alligators,

crossing through his back yard regularly.

:cool:

Ah...no Olham... I believe that's Scotland! :grin::grin::grin:

Yes, indeed, Widow, nor will I about the north sea wheather in Ostfriesland!

No, that's too nasty for me. That North Sea weather is just evil. I've been to Orkney on the Summer Solstice and even then it was still too cold and damp for my poor, gimpy joints. In fact, a haar blew in while I was there and damn near killed me.

And I got the impression, that he really chose these circumstances of aggressive environment.

Nope, I'm an unwilling exile due to my job. If I had my choice, I'd live in the desert of west Texas. Heat's fine with me as long as there's no humidity, and I much prefer dust storms to hurricanes grin.gif .

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the next thing he described was alligators, crossing through his back yard regularly.

I think the closest alligators live about 3 miles from my house. I live on some of the highest ground in Lousy Anna so am that far from a swamp big enough for them. However, I have seen a number of foxes and coyotes, plus the occasional bobcat, in my immediate yard, and there are panthers, bears, feral hogs, the odd Russian wild boar, and horrific cross-breed monster swine out in my woods.

But enough about this. Somebody post some pictures good.gif

Here is a mini-montage featuring Olhams' skin he made for Johanns Albatross DIII, of which Jasta 1 was just re-equipped with (mid-April 1917). Thanks Olham!

OlhamsDIII.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Some combat scenes would be nice ?

I will try hard to get some good fighting pics-- still fudging around figuring out camera controls and the like-- and I'll have to remember to hit 'pause'...I'm usually so immersed in trying to live that I forget and hear myself say "Woa, that would have been an awsome screenie". Hopefully this Thanksgiving weekend (bank holiday in Canuck Land).

You seem to really bathe in immersion, Baldric!

There are two possible ways.

Either put "pause" on some easy to reach stick button.

(That's the best solution for going to an outside view and swing around the scene, before you

decide which angle is the most dramatic one).

Or put "screenshot" on a stick button. (But that way you always only get a shot from your cockpit view).

Ah...no Olham... I believe that's Scotland! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

No Alligators in Scotland. Midges have eaten them all.

Seems a shame to go home with Rounds still in Chambers!.... So, ruined this British Convoy's morning!!

Hey RC!...I spend loadsa time trying to create scenes..you never comment on them...and then you come out with that!!!

HTF do you do it?? :salute:

Thanks guys. I have started using Photobucket for uploading to have URL's for posting at SimHQ. Photobucket has edit options and effects available all at no charge. What you see above is really very simple to do. I can claim no special talents and I don't deserve any praise. Widow, I love what you do and have often used your things as desktop for awhile. I just haven't said much because I don't want to be responsible for causing your head to burst. :blowup: You guys should all know that your many contributions are appreciated, but you know how us guys can be. The image above is too large for what I intended for it as a banner like Rabu and Widow and so many other guys have. I will see if I can reduce it a little. BTW the pic is straight from OFF no enhancements. The skin is The Rising Sun by Burning Beard, thanks again Mike.

B-E-A-U-tiful Rickitycrate! Well done Sir.

WM, I rather like that D7 of yours. Quite neat.

Baldric, nice montage Sir. The graininess of the main pic gives a good effect.

Cheers!

Lou

lol

Sorry RC... that probably came out sounding all wrong!

What I 'Meant' to say is WOW!!!!

I struggle like hell to get the light source correct in Photoshop (I don't seem to have a natural 'Eye' for it!)...but that shot is fantastic!!!

I think Olham did one like this but i still had to do it, now i'am a Pflaz pilot in MP.