MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Stunning actual in cockpit footage of a WWI dogfight! Don't ask me where I got it from. :grin:

(1:27) FULL SCREEN 1080 HD

Enjoy

Hellshade

I've got a question... I've heard some comments at some other forums that OFF is too easy, the AI is too easy to shoot down, because they see you shooting them down so quickly, and so many in your videos. I've told them that you just happen to be one hell of a pilot.. what would your answer be?

Thanks,

I've got a question... I've heard some comments at some other forums that OFF is too easy, the AI is too easy to shoot down, because they see you shooting them down so quickly, and so many in your videos. I've told them that you just happen to be one hell of a pilot.. what would your answer be?

Thanks,

Do they happen to notice how often I'm flying a different plane because my last pilot was killed? I fly very aggressively so I get a lot of kills and I get killed a lot faster also. It makes for great videos and a damn short campaign lifespan. There are options in the workshop to make it as easy or as difficult as you like as you well know. With certain planes, I consider myself an excellent pilot and shot. With others I am all thumbs.

There will always be fanboys of other flight sims who will find something to criticise about OFF:BH&H no matter what. They see it as a threat to their flight sim, as if people can't own both or something. Silly, really. I guess my best response would be that one person spewed out a long list of reasons of why I was full of crap about OFF being able to put 40 or more planes in the sky at one time. But when I posted a campaign video showing exactly that, along with the ability to have individually painted planes which he also claimed was BS, did he admit that the video was proof he was wrong and that he was the one full of crap? I doubt it very seriously. So even if I could provide proof that OFF:BH&H was a difficult flight sim to master, they wouldn't admit it anyways - would they? I'd basically call them out on that. When people start admitting when they are proven wrong it'll be worth arguing with them. Until then it's just a stupid game of them making stuff up that, since they don't own the sim or haven't updated it completely, they really don't know what they are talking about and will just make up negative things to say because they are fanboys of flight sim "X".

It really is pretty much as simple as that, in my opinion.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

After flying some of my various Jasta pilots today, here are two screenshot tabloids.

Thanks, HS, well said, and you're right, the person(s) saying it was not possible to have a bunch of planes in campaign, never answered back when I posted the video proof you made. In fact, my postings of OFF videos and trying to argue back against these statements got the thread closed.. I probably pushed too hard, even though I was constantly saying I supported both sims and wish them both to be successful.. oh well.

Looking more like "Bratwurst" to me! (My god, we joke about things...) :good:

More pics from MFFA 1, Mariakerke. We ran into Airco DH-2 in our recon area, and they engaged.

We managed to fend them off; at least two of them went down. My observer and I had added quite

some rounds to their end. The rest of the mission went successful. The difficult landing included.

Interesting comments, given that I've just been over to SimHQ and looked at the RoF video winners in the competition run by NeoQB. They're perfectly fine videos, and some of the effects are lovely - I do like the grass in RoF - however I'd be very hard pressed to say that they look any better than ones I've seen on this thread and elsewhere from OFF film makers. It's certainly arguable that RoF has a certain bright and cutesy feel when it comes to scenery, and that's something that I find difficult to suspend disbelief in when viewing the efforts of said film makers.

Wouldn't it have been naughty if someone had entered an OFF vid into the contest and won....?!!

Small, fragile, and annoying as mosquitoes, those Nupes!

OMG, Carrick - don't you make any differences??!!!

Hi, Carrick, nice shots. A suggestion would be to turn up your antialiasing to at least 4 as it will really improve the looks of the cables and edges on the planes.

Interesting comments, given that I've just been over to SimHQ and looked at the RoF video winners in the competition run by NeoQB. They're perfectly fine videos, and some of the effects are lovely - I do like the grass in RoF - however I'd be very hard pressed to say that they look any better than ones I've seen on this thread and elsewhere from OFF film makers. It's certainly arguable that RoF has a certain bright and cutesy feel when it comes to scenery, and that's something that I find difficult to suspend disbelief in when viewing the efforts of said film makers.

Wouldn't it have been naughty if someone had entered an OFF vid into the contest and won....?!!

Well, Hellshade's videos and several others here knock spots off the 'winner', certainly, but so do the second and third entries! They chose the crappest of the three as the winner :lol:

Depends on your graphic card, Carrick.

I use an ATI card. For this card, I have the ATI Catalyst Manager. There I go to "3D" and click "ALL".

Now I get all settings that can be clicked. Among them is AA (Anti-Aliasing).

Best might be, you post here, what card you are running, so we might be able to help you detailed.

You can also set AA in "Workshop"; there you click on "Graphics Config" as shown in my picture.

Then you get a little pop-up menue; there you click on "file".

Now you'll get the menue with "Resolution" and "Anti-Aliasing" values.

First, you click on "Select resolution"; then you select your resolution for your monitor (see handbook, or google it).

Don't choose a higher res. than your monitor's maximum is.

Next, you click an Anti-Aliasing of "4 samples" or even "8 samples";

then click "OK" and leave the menues.

This ingame setting doesn't work for all, but it won't do anything wrong to try.

I must make the choice for that in my ATI Catalyst Control Center.

I could even lead you to more advanced settings, but I would need to know your system (CPU & graphic card).

If you want to, you should make a screenshot of your settings for me.

Follow this:

1. open the "Graphics Config" menue as shown in my picture.

2. click on "File", then on "Custom Settings..." (there will come a warning, no panic, just click OK)

[there you will find all the sliders for graphics detail. You should have Aircraft and Effects quality higher, the others

can be lower - experiment with them, until you find the graphics not only look good, but also run smooth on your rig].

3. click on "Window" in the top left corner

4. click on "Overrides"

5. now make a screenshot of that like this: press the "Print" key on your keyboard;

then you leave OFF and open a program like "Paint", choose "New file", and then click both keys: Ctrl. and V

Now you should have the screenshot there. Save it as a Jpeg or Bitmap, and post it here.

Edited by Olham

:grin: Thanks Herr Olham. I have an old graphics Card N vida GS 7600 and cant access it like the ATI Card. However, I will play with the sliders as per your advice. Thanks Loads Carrick58 :salute:

:clapping:Graphics slider 3 a/c slider 5

RL=http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=13332]gallery_50835_358_45627.jpg[/url]

British_eh has written some beautiful and very useful "Survival in the Air" guides. If you haven't read them yet and you are serious about being the best pilot you can be in OFF:BH&H, I heartily recommend taking the time to browse his sticky thread and read through them. After chatting with him in private briefly I was inspired to create an Air to Air Tactics video. I certainly don't claim to be the "end all - be all" of air to air combat, however I have developed a few tactics and strategies that allow me to come out on top of most dogfights and I figured I'd just share them with you in a way that let's you actually see what I'm talking about. The toughest dogfights for me always used to be the ones where I was fighting against an aircraft that was more manueverable and faster turning than the one I was flying. If they can out turn me and I'm not in an energy fighter like a Spad, how do I bring my guns to bear on them? This Tactics video shows the solutions I came up with, as well as answers another great question "How do I raise my shooting accuracy to bring down the most planes with the fewest number of bullets?"

All settings are on standard Dead is Dead settings, (less accurate guns, aircraft stress on, limited fuel & ammo, G-effects, Wind on, etc) but I did put up the Z key info and the virtual cockpit gauges so that while I was making manuevers, you could witness real time things like what % my throttle is at, my altitude, air speed and how many rounds I fired in a given burst as well as how many I had left. Since the purpose of this video is to share information on Tactics, please understand that "immersion" wasn't my top priority. In order to maximize the challenge and realism, I also am using Creaghorns Ammo Mod that gives only slight smoke trails for my bullets (no tracers) and virtually no smoke puffs or debris falling from a plane if I do hit it. This makes it considerably harder to know how to correct my aim if I miss or even if I am hitting or missing the target at all. Even with this kind of difficulty, I will show you how you can bring down enemy aircraft in just 2 or 3 short bursts.

The video is large because it's long. Over 9 minutes long. It's just over 1GB, so it's best to give it time to completely download after pausing it before un-pausing it to begin playing. Also, it seems to me that youtube did not do as good a job of processing it at 1080 HD as it has other videos. I wonder if the size is a part of that issue or if it's still processing it. Time will tell. Finally, youtube cut off the final 2 seconds of the video for some reason, cutting me off just before the end of my sentance. My last words were "It's not about maximum speed. It's about maximum time the target is in front of your guns." Sorry for the cut-off. It is in there on the full video, but as I say, youtube cut it off. Not sure why.

Hellshades Air to Air Combat Tactics (9:15) Full Screen - 1080 HD Fully Voiced

As this is my first instructional type video about tactics (as opposed to all my previous work which was for entertainment value), I would appreciate any constructive feedback, positive or negative. I already know I should try to shave the size down a bit to as close to 5 minutes as possible. Other than that, let me know what you liked and what could be improved and if you thought it was useful at all.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Looking better, isn't it, Carrick ?

And if you find the way to the Anti-Aliasing, you would also get "real" wiring between the wings.

In Alsace with Jasta 80 b

Started a new carreer with Jasta 80 b (Bayern); own new skin included. Our homefield name

sounds rather German - Gross-Tanchen.

Patrolling over Buhl-Lorraine, we spotted 4 Sopwith Strutter and chased after them. The whole

weather situation in combination with the landscape was very dramatic, and I couldn't stop

making screenshots. When we attacked the last and leading craft, I witnessed a new bit of OFF:

the Strutter started turning and fought us! Yet there are still always surprises in OFF!

Edited by Olham

Very nice screenies Olham! It looks like quite the fight.

Hellshade

British_eh has written some beautiful and very useful "Survival in the Air" guides. If you haven't read them yet and you are serious about being the best pilot you can be in OFF:BH&H, I heartily recommend taking the time to browse his sticky thread and read through them. After chatting with him in private briefly I was inspired to create an Air to Air Tactics video. I certainly don't claim to be the "end all - be all" of air to air combat, however I have developed a few tactics and strategies that allow me to come out on top of most dogfights and I figured I'd just share them with you in a way that let's you actually see what I'm talking about. The toughest dogfights for me always used to be the ones where I was fighting against an aircraft that was more manueverable and faster turning than the one I was flying. If they can out turn me and I'm not in an energy fighter like a Spad, how do I bring my guns to bear on them? This Tactics video shows the solutions I came up with, as well as answers another great question "How do I raise my shooting accuracy to bring down the most planes with the fewest number of bullets?"

All settings are on standard Dead is Dead settings, (less accurate guns, aircraft stress on, limited fuel & ammo, G-effects, Wind on, etc) but I did put up the Z key info and the virtual cockpit gauges so that while I was making manuevers, you could witness real time things like what % my throttle is at, my altitude, air speed and how many rounds I fired in a given burst as well as how many I had left. Since the purpose of this video is to share information on Tactics, please understand that "immersion" wasn't my top priority. In order to maximize the challenge and realism, I also am using Creaghorns Ammo Mod that gives only slight smoke trails for my bullets (no tracers) and virtually no smoke puffs or debris falling from a plane if I do hit it. This makes it considerably harder to know how to correct my aim if I miss or even if I am hitting or missing the target at all. Even with this kind of difficulty, I will show you how you can bring down enemy aircraft in just 2 or 3 short bursts.

The video is large because it's long. Over 9 minutes long. It's just over 1GB, so it's best to give it time to completely download after pausing it before un-pausing it to begin playing. Also, it seems to me that youtube did not do as good a job of processing it at 1080 HD as it has other videos. I wonder if the size is a part of that issue or if it's still processing it. Time will tell. Finally, youtube cut off the final 2 seconds of the video for some reason, cutting me off just before the end of my sentance. My last words were "It's not about maximum speed. It's about maximum time the target is in front of your guns." Sorry for the cut-off. It is in there on the full video, but as I say, youtube cut it off. Not sure why.

Hellshades Air to Air Combat Tactics (9:15) Full Screen - 1080 HD Fully Voiced

As this is my first instructional type video about tactics (as opposed to all my previous work which was for entertainment value), I would appreciate any constructive feedback, positive or negative. I already know I should try to shave the size down a bit to as close to 5 minutes as possible. Other than that, let me know what you liked and what could be improved and if you thought it was useful at all.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

nice vid hellshade :good: .

archie is like cops, never there when needed and always disturbing when not needed :grin: