MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

I almost crapped myself flying this one. Talk about too close for comfort!

Hellshades Air Combat Video #16 (2:27) 1080 HD

I just notice that it actually still looks pretty good even in Full Screen mode. Sweet! Just make sure you set it to 1080 HD and let it buffer first.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

I almost crapped myself flying this one. Talk about too close for comfort!

Hellshades Air Combat Video #16 (2:27) 1080 HD

I just notice that it actually still looks pretty good even in Full Screen mode. Sweet! Just make sure you set it to 1080 HD and let it buffer first.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

I'll be that did scare the hell out of you when that plane exploded right in front of you

That plane explosion was fantastic!:yikes: What are the chances of ever seeing something like that happen again?

Was this a night mission?

The only thing I didn't like was the new text style, to me, it stands out too much and is sort of distracting, but that just may be me.. as usual, your filming is amazing and I love the narration.

Thanks,

That plane explosion was fantastic!:yikes: What are the chances of ever seeing something like that happen again?

Was this a night mission?

The only thing I didn't like was the new text style, to me, it stands out too much and is sort of distracting, but that just may be me.. as usual, your filming is amazing and I love the narration.

Thanks,

It was actually a Quick Combat at Dusk. I'll try to do some night missions fairly soon. I've done a few test Night Missions and am trying to work out the details for the best picture possible without using lables or TAC.

I like the new text style but I think the font size was too big. It is indeed distracting. We'll have to see how well it scales smaller or if I need to switch to something completely different. As with everything, it's a work in progress. I appreciate the feedback too. It confirmed my suspicions.

As for the direct AA hit, I have seen a few of those and even have videos showing one other, but never, ever THAT close to my plane. He was no more than 100 feet in front of me when he got hit. Given that I was flying around 90MPH right behind him, I literally was a fraction of a second away from being toasted by the Allies. I'll bet somebody on the AA crew got a demotion for that one. The funny thing was I switched targets to him after flipping over to get back on my initial targets tail. If I hadn't switched targets, I would have missed that beautifully framed shot. Pure Damn Luck I was at the right place at the right time.

Hellshade

Hellshades. Here is my night video of fighting I posted a day or two ago. I did use labels and tac for a while, but with the moon light it really wasn't needed. But, in QC, i had my enemy set to rookie status so I could stay in the air.

. Please excuse the short sequence with the labels, but FLYING AT NIGHT is another story; Everyone should give this a try on a summer night. Check it out here: It is all about flying during dusk and darkness:

Very good, Ras! I have flown many a nocturnal mission and they are some of my favorites in terms of the excitement and mood they provide.

Nice one, RAS, especially the first part, the second was pitch black on my screen.

Hellshades. Here is my night video of fighting I posted a day or two ago. I did use labels and tac for a while, but with the moon light it really wasn't needed. But, in QC, i had my enemy set to rookie status so I could stay in the air.

. Please excuse the short sequence with the labels, but FLYING AT NIGHT is another story; Everyone should give this a try on a summer night. Check it out here: It is all about flying during dusk and darkness:

The night fighting looks extremely cool. I'm going to have to figure out a way to try a few of those as well and still be able to see my foes. Nice video bud. :salute:

Hellshade

If you didn't have tags on I don't know how you would be able to identify anything.. wonder how they did it back then if it wasn't a bright moon?

Wow. Over 3,100 views to the Videos sticky thread in just over a month! :yikes: Somebody must be watching. Hopefully if you are viewing some of these user made videos and you have questions about Over Flanders Fields because it looks interesting to you, you'll feel free to post your questions because we have a wonderful, friendly community here. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to create videos and shared them here as well. I know it's not an easy thing to do but clearly many people are enjoying watching them. It's awesome to be able to literally watch how other people approach air to air combat so we can learn tips and tactics from one another about different planes and situations. I know it's helping me to be a better pilot. Thanks to everyone who is helping to make this sticky a useful addition to the Combat Ace : Over Flanders Fields forums.

Hellshade

Hellshades Air Combat Video #17 (3:57) - 1080 HD

Let me know if you think the new font is still overbearing on the video. I tried to create something more subdued but that still is easy to read against the ever changing video backdrop.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Wow. Over 3,100 views to the Videos sticky thread in just over a month! :yikes: Somebody must be watching. Hopefully if you are viewing some of these user made videos and you have questions about Over Flanders Fields because it looks interesting to you, you'll feel free to post your questions because we have a wonderful, friendly community here. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to create videos and shared them here as well. I know it's not an easy thing to do but clearly many people are enjoying watching them. It's awesome to be able to literally watch how other people approach air to air combat so we can learn tips and tactics from one another about different planes and situations. I know it's helping me to be a better pilot. Thanks to everyone who is helping to make this sticky a useful addition to the Combat Ace : Over Flanders Fields forums.

Hellshade

Hellshade: I think your recording at 1080p has had a huge effect on the response to the videos, along with putting them in a rightly deserved video sticky section. Best advertising that could have been done.. along with YouTube exposure and posting the links on other forums there has been a significant increase in interest in OFF. I'm glad most here went along with creating the video section, it's obviously been a hit.

I want to thank you and all the others contributing to these. For anyone else, if you can do it, record them at 1080p or at least at 720p, it really makes a huge difference when you watch them full screen and also shows those not familiar with OFF what it can do.

Cheers everyone! :drinks:

Hellshades Air Combat Video #17 (3:57) - 1080 HD

Let me know if you think the new font is still overbearing on the video. I tried to create something more subdued but that still is easy to read against the ever changing video backdrop.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

#17.. Wozers! ..that guy jumping out in the first part and the close call later.. don't know how you seem to catch these... are you bribing those guys in the AI planes to follow a script? :grin:

Yes, the text is MUCH better.. maybe it was the bright yellow and blue before that was so distracting. Have you thought of trying to do voice overs instead of text? It's sort of like watching a foreign movie with subtitles because your eyes have to keep looking at the titles and you feel like you're missing the video part. You can pick up a microphone pretty cheaply and connect it to your sound card and then, after editing the video, go back and do a voice over following a written script. I think it would be a huge addition to the videos.. unless you have a squeaky voice! But if you can't, no problem, they are really to be enjoyed as is. :salute:

On a different subject.. has anyone noticed how, when you insert an emotom, it doesn't end up where you insert it. IE: I'm going to put this:bye: waving guy right after the end of this sentence and leave it where it inserts.. here we go, putting it in here:

I consider Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell to be one of the finest, serious WWI flight sim recreations ever made and I have the deepest respect for all of the work that OBD Software has poured into creating what I feel is a true Masterpiece. That said, sometimes stuff happens when you are flying that is just plain damn funny.

Do I Really Want to Know? (0:23) - 1080 HD

When I saw this happen, I had to ask myself..."Do I really want to know what the seating arrangements were on that plane?"

I'd be interested to know your explanations for what just happened there. :blink:

Enjoy,

Hellshade

FUNNY!!!!

I consider Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell to be one of the finest, serious WWI flight sim recreations ever made and I have the deepest respect for all of the work that OBD Software has poured into creating what I feel is a true Masterpiece. That said, sometimes stuff happens when you are flying that is just plain damn funny.

Do I Really Want to Know? (0:23) - 1080 HD

When I saw this happen, I had to ask myself..."Do I really want to know what the seating arrangements were on that plane?"

I'd be interested to know your explanations for what just happened there. :blink:

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Uhh.. well.. ya know, Barny and Clive were just... uhh.. how shal we say it.. different. They will be missed, I'm sure.:rofl:

Hay, HS, how about the voice over idea.. any thoughts?

Uhh.. well.. ya know, Barny and Clive were just... uhh.. how shal we say it.. different. They will be missed, I'm sure.:rofl:

Hay, HS, how about the voice over idea.. any thoughts?

Now that my new video editor supports it, I'm working on it. I agree completely it would be a vast improvement over reading. This was a full weekend with the wife and kids, but I'll be making some new ones as soon as time permits sir.

Hellshade

Now that my new video editor supports it, I'm working on it. I agree completely it would be a vast improvement over reading. This was a full weekend with the wife and kids, but I'll be making some new ones as soon as time permits sir.

Hellshade

Oh boy.. can't wait to see what you come up with! And the rest of you too! :salute:

Inspired by Ernst Udet's silver Albatros D.V "LO" (Jasta 37), I painted mine silver too.

My personal marking is the Reichsflagge band around the fuselage.

Edited by Olham

She is beautiful Olham.

M

Here it is guys. Campaign Video #20 with 2 big enhancements. First, I captured it in FRAPS in FULL SCREEN mode at 1680 x 1050, instead of in the usual half screen mode, and then of course edited it in full 1080 HD. That means you should watch it in full screen and there should be hardly any blurriness at all. I must say, I think video quality looks pretty damn good finally. Always room for improvement of course, but this starts to do Over Flanders Fields some justice. Second, it's fully voiced acted by yours truly instead of text all through it. I don't expect to win any voice acting awards or get a call from Disney to work on the next Shrek, but hopefully it's not too bad. No more distracting text to read while you try to watch the action. The downside is I recorded the voice in CD quality so it added quite a bit to the size of the video. Over 650MBs! So make sure you pause it and let it download completely before pressing play again. I'll try lower quality audio in the future to see if I can get the size down a bit without hurting the quality too much. Anyways, without further delay, here it is:

Hellshades Campaign Video #20 (6:050) FULL SCREEN - 1080 HD

PS Youtube seems to be experiencing some server errors today. Sometimes it lets me access videos and sometimes not.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Great Video Hellshades,

U have a beautiful voice.

M

:salute: