Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Central American air powers(?)

Just some things I did to pass the time, as terrain targetization is a real beee-ooytch!! And quite boring an frustrating at times

FAH Corsair (based on my F4U-4B, which is based on TMF F4U-7)

FAN MiG-21MF (what if...)

SAN Panama Mirage IIIP (what if...)

So, any interst in these?? Even given 2 of them's non-reality status...

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, seeing as how most of the Central American nation's air forces are rather unimpressive* (no offence to anyone living there!), these will be a welcome sight.

*Unless you count Mexico, who now has Su-30s!

Last I heard Mexico dont have any Su-27 series jets they looked at them in 2006 but no order was placed nearest to them is the Veneuzualan Air Force with the Su-30's.

Then I must be going insane. Last time I was on wikipedia commons, there were atleast three pictures of Mexican Su-30s. They had the same paint schemes as the F-5s.

Nice, Kevin, please release. especially like that corsair wit the blue skin.

Oh, I forgot to mention I "reassembled" a package of ErikGens Sa'ar, with Museli's skins (idf style and loviz) for the Honduran versions, with Ordway's cockpit.

The real buggabo will be the Nicaraguan Musntangs...that came pattern in INSANE!!!!! Haven't found any data on the Jug-Ns, as to if natural metal or camoed....not lookin forward to that either!! :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh, I forgot to mention I "reassembled" a package of ErikGens Sa'ar, with Museli's skins (idf style and loviz) for the Honduran versions, with Ordway's cockpit.

The real buggabo will be the Nicaraguan Musntangs...that came pattern in INSANE!!!!! Haven't found any data on the Jug-Ns, as to if natural metal or camoed....not lookin forward to that either!! :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey Kevin, how about some real Salvadorean (taking advantage i'm from El Salvador) skins since we have some sort of air force, let's say: A-37's, AC-47 (wannabe's hehehe) UH-1H's, T-41's and B-26 Invaders; if you need photos, i can help you!!!

El Salvador is "off the map", meaning it's just over the edge for the 80km limit ie: "The Wall"

wrench

kevin stein

El Salvador is "off the map", meaning it's just over the edge for the 80km limit ie: "The Wall"

wrench

kevin stein

That's sad, because we are the only ones with two wars so far in central america, sad sad sad...

Well, I can try and see if there's enough room for a medium airfield, but it'll be REAAAALLLLLY close to the Nicaguran border.

It is sad, I know. One of our very close friends is from El Salvador; even though Jose isnt a gamer (of any kind), it'd be nice to have his (and your) country represented. Considering how much time he spent in the jungles and mountains with "the bad guys", before coming to his senses....

I was mostly concerned with making sure the Canal Zone and norther western Columbia was there, to be honest. I wanna napalm coca plantations out of existence...

There's a screenie around here someplace, with the basic map layout...I'll see if I can find it so you can see what covered.

Wrench

kevin stein

2 more for the stable...

FAS MD-450 Ouragan

(anyone notice anything different with it??? :dntknw:

FAH F-86E

I'll have to redecal Museli's FAH Sa'ar skins, as I found a complete listing of their serial numbers.

Still haven't decieded what to do about the Mustangs...

On the "What If" FAN Fishbed, what type of numbers should it have?? And color!!

Many are near completion, just needing decals and readme (that's the hardest part, ya know!)

Wrench

kevin stein

mexico is worse than Brazil :(

too bad for our mates....

they have ordered 30 Su-27SMs from Russia, but due to US Lobby they stand whithout russian planes, they were supposed to buy the Su-32FN/34(with SMs as placeholders).

they have 3 F-5E operational(from the 12 of original order in 1980)

also they have 2 Embraer EMB-145E Awacs and one EMB-145P Maritme Patrol(bad choose ,IMO).

this is basically they air force power, i'll not be surprised if in some time they got some F-18s or F-16s ,recently US had send them a help($$) to their Airforce.

Just a good source to see who have what:

http://armstrade.sipri.org/arms_trade/trade_register.php

Wrench, if you want make some "Pirates of th Cariben" campaing i suggest start with Venezuela's Su-30MKVs.

or the Soccer War(that was funny) between El Salvador and Honduras.

Our Mate FLOGGER23 should be able to help, since he is from El Salvador .

Edited by Silverbolt

Wow man, those are some handsome skins!

Our Mate FLOGGER23 should be able to help, since he is from El Salvador .

Take alook here it may help:

http://www.fas.gob.sv/fotografias/pasado1.html

is in spanish and you will see the tanks in the Ouragans and some other helpful picks, but if you need some more pm me and i'll help you, i have some walkarounds of the birds axcept the corsair and mustang (but i still have some), unfortunately i cannot place screenshots for some reason, but i'll be around if you need me.....

As a note to the US friends from Vietnam the C-123K we have here is the same plane which was used for Gen. Westmoreland as personal plane during the conflict, i reviewed the serial numbers and they can barely be seen in the fuselage...

Edited by FLOGGER23

FAS MD-450 Ouragan

Kevin, as far as i've seen here all of them have their tanks

Still haven't decieded what to do about the Mustangs...

On our side you have plenty of options as well as with the Corsairs

On the "What If" FAN Fishbed, what type of numbers should it have?? And color!!

Many are near completion, just needing decals and readme (that's the hardest part, ya know!)

What if i send you some pictures of a Nicaraguan MI-8/17 so you can base the fishbed colors there, and as a wish, why don't you make a skin for the Delphin and Albatross, they were close to have them and got them changed for MI-24's

Regards.

I'll take any help I can get!!! :rofl:

For the FAS Mustangs, I've chosen the SEA 3-tone as seen on the Cavailier 'stangs used by them. Just a bit simplier in excuation. Of course, doing them up in the "COIN" gray is even easier!!

Obviously, the Ouragon tanks are "data ini edited" out, and easily remounted :wink: Most of the data I've found shows they didn't use them too much, but they were put back on eventually. The photos I've found of the "stored or museaumed" ones all have the tanks. Nobody noticed the wing lights! It's an extra set, just for the wings themselves.

Thanks museli! The Ouragon skin is brandy new, from fresh home-made 1024 templates, with all redrawn panel and rivet lines. I even fixed the mapping issue on the lower right alerion (that nobody's noticed for 5 years!!) with a decal cheat! The template WILL be included with the aircraft upload.

On the subject of Corsairs, here's qickie shot of the FAS FG-1D (ok, my F4U-1d which is Wolf F4U's) in FAS colors (not camo!! I don't even WANT to try and attempt that weird mottle!! Worse than WW2 Luftwaffe!!! ) Still need serial decals

Please notice the 'removed' tail hook, also via data ini edits.

And TMF's Corsair (again, my F4U-4 mod of it) in it's complted FAH skin, with serials. Departing Toncontin Airport

All these aircraft are 'nationalized' versions, so they won't intefere with any other mods of said aircraft. All will get their own WoE-style hangar screens, too! (that actually takes longer to do up than the cursed decals!!)

As to the map itself, I'm unable to add the capitol of El Salvador (sorry Flogger!) BUT!!!

on the El Salvadoran side, you'll get Santa Rosa de Lima (city and airport), La Union port. Honduras get Nacome, San Lorenzo (city and airport) and a not-so-accurate coastline for the Gulfo de Fonsecia. I HATE these fracking tiles!!! :crazy:

Wrench

kevin stein

I'll take any help I can get!!! :rofl:

For the FAS Mustangs, I've chosen the SEA 3-tone as seen on the Cavailier 'stangs used by them. Just a bit simplier in excuation. Of course, doing them up in the "COIN" gray is even easier!!

Obviously, the Ouragon tanks are "data ini edited" out, and easily remounted :wink: Most of the data I've found shows they didn't use them too much, but they were put back on eventually. The photos I've found of the "stored or museaumed" ones all have the tanks. Nobody noticed the wing lights! It's an extra set, just for the wings themselves.

Thanks museli! The Ouragon skin is brandy new, from fresh home-made 1024 templates, with all redrawn panel and rivet lines. I even fixed the mapping issue on the lower right alerion (that nobody's noticed for 5 years!!) with a decal cheat! The template WILL be included with the aircraft upload.

On the subject of Corsairs, here's qickie shot of the FAS FG-1D (ok, my F4U-1d which is Wolf F4U's) in FAS colors (not camo!! I don't even WANT to try and attempt that weird mottle!! Worse than WW2 Luftwaffe!!! ) Still need serial decals

Please notice the 'removed' tail hook, also via data ini edits.

And TMF's Corsair (again, my F4U-4 mod of it) in it's complted FAH skin, with serials. Departing Toncontin Airport

All these aircraft are 'nationalized' versions, so they won't intefere with any other mods of said aircraft. All will get their own WoE-style hangar screens, too! (that actually takes longer to do up than the cursed decals!!)

As to the map itself, I'm unable to add the capitol of El Salvador (sorry Flogger!) BUT!!!

on the El Salvadoran side, you'll get Santa Rosa de Lima (city and airport), La Union port. Honduras get Nacome, San Lorenzo (city and airport) and a not-so-accurate coastline for the Gulfo de Fonsecia. I HATE these fracking tiles!!! :crazy:

Wrench

kevin stein

I wish i could help you skin (i'm just learning, but for me it's a 90 degree's learning curve) the mottled tone is nice, we also had all white corsairs, but for the matter if you need help with the serials let know, i have friends in the air force who will be glad to help me, now..... about choppers, what can we do sir, the war in the 80's was fought mainly with assistance of choppers (UH-1C, D, M, OH-6's) and is where i can provide you with more photos, so let me know.....

Hey Wrench do you have templates for the Corsair?? If you do I'll try out the mottled one if I can

Of course I have templates for the Corsair! :biggrin: Look at all my WW2 versions!!!

they're 2048x2048, so nicely detailed. I'll get them to you one way or another. Remember, a different "wing" is used for the cockpit view (making for odd views if using anothr camo pattern - which is why LazyBoy wrench went with the blue)

Wrench

kevin stein

Here's a El Salvadoran Mustang....

methinks the green is a little too blue (thats what I get for using RLM colors!! -swartzgrun and RAF Mid-stone)

I'm going for the "oh *&^%$ we have to camo these planes in a hurry" effect, wherein the erks dash into town, and borrow spray guns from the local auto body shop. Well, at least the serials & fin flash came out nice!!

It's definately going back in for a repaint....

Wrench

kevin stein

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to start releaseing what aircraft that are finished this week. Been working on them for the last 12 days, and haven't even gone back to the map yet...

So, you'll be getting "new toys", but unfortunatly without the "playground" to use them on for while yet.

So, collect the birds, and be ready for the terrain.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey kevin, i just got a quick question: where can i download the .LOD for the El Salvador Corsair, as well as the others (which i think, i have them), by the way thanks for such a superb models :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

My bad! It should mention it in the readme, but if I've forgotten, it's the P-51D-30 from Wolf's ww2 planes pak; it's in our downloads section, WW2 Aircraft ...

Same for the FG-1D corsair (it's really a F4U-1)

wrench

kevin stein