Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

How Many Of You...

Have quit going to the UBI forums?

Well, I havn't copletely quit, I still like to go and check the screenshot thread. but other than that, that forum is filled with too many conspirousy theories, whiners, and anti-LOMAC attackers. its just gone down the drain <_<

I do go to Lomac`s website. I wanna download the patch as soon as it becomes

available. As far as their forums are concerned, I like Aviation forum. It`s almost

like reading Aviation Week or Jane`s reports. Lots of good info.

I also check bug reports and occasionally General forum. Whining doesn`t bother

me a bit. Yes, some complainers jump to conclusions too early and they`ll fight

you to death trying to prove their point. But if you read through most of the posts,

I think you can get a pretty good idea what the most serious problems are.

Especially if you don`t own the game yet.

I have never gone there and will never go there. Why? I really don't need to go anywhere that I have to turn off security and privacy features on my puter in order to get in. Even on the Ubi LOMAC site I get "fastclick" trying to drop tracking cookies on me 49 times per visit! So, I went looking for somewhere more "friendly" and found Biohaz Central. MadJeff does it right. ;)

I don`t care too much about being force fed with cookies. I use my junk computer

for any online activities. So, bring`em on!

I browse over there occasionally but Jeff does a fine job of letting me know whats important right here without having to sift through 8 pages of crap. Between the wheezers and the fanboys.. eek.

While I hated the old software. I don't care for UBBThreads much either :rolleyes:

I think the new software is an improvement, however, even though it recognizes me, I can't post because "I haven't verified by email". Sheesh.. I tried it several times, it accepted it, but still won't let me in. Typical UBI screw ups! Anyway, I'm pretty content with just reading them and posting on other boards (such as this one). Only real reason I go there at all is the developers post and I would like the patch first thing.

Good idea, switch. I have a junker online but haven't been using it. Thanks! :D

I visit their forums since the developers mainly post there, Simhq or at Frugal's.

I can't stand the sig craze over there though.

I think the new software is an improvement, however, even though it recognizes me, I can't post because "I haven't verified by email".  Sheesh.. I tried it several times, it accepted it, but still won't let me in.  Typical UBI screw ups!  Anyway, I'm pretty content with just reading them and posting on other boards (such as this one).  Only real reason I go there at all is the developers post and I would like the patch first thing.

That's exactly what happened to me. If you find any solution to it, let me know, cause off and on they bring topics, which are worth a reply.

i had that problem, i sorted by messing around with my zip/postal code and other things in my profile as well.. you also need to go to you e-mail and click on the link to activate you account and then from that page (without closing it) go to the forums.

i had that problem, i sorted by messing around with my zip/postal code and other things in my profile as well.. you also need to go to you e-mail and click on the link to activate you account and then from that page (without closing it) go to the forums.

Well, yes. That seems to have sorted it out.

Their forums are just as self explaining as their game interfaces.

"Their forums are just as self explaining as their game interfaces."

--

LOL! Exactly!

I have been a frequent visitor to the official boards but its getting hard to like Lomac and visit the boards at the same time. I can understand the frustration of those with a lot bugs but its becomming more and more hostile by the day.

I have been a visitor here for some time but haven't contributed since i have had enough to do on the boards that i allready follow. Now i think i'll move most of my "buisness" over here. I will rather listen to somebody went their frustration here than on the Ubi boards where it allmost allways turns into a "them vs. us".

cheers,

GhostDog

Edited by GhostDog

I really try to stay away from the Ubi site. Between the sig frenzy and the flaming its just not a very productive environment. And I wasn't seeing too many familiar faces there.

I visit SimHQ and Frugals to see if any of the dev's have made any good relevant posts.

I have been a frequent visitor to the official boards but its getting hard to like Lomac and visit the boards at the same time.  I can understand the frustration of those with a lot bugs but its becomming more and more hostile by the day.

For me it's like: Hey, I'm better off. I can actually run the game without any major problems.

Personally I think, that flaming in the official boards is OK. At least there's a chance, that the developers actually see the problems. And there are many. The main problem is, that the distributors publish minimum requirements, which are a laughing stock. This way, they want to attract more buyers, but in the long run, they're pissing those people off, who actually believed in those requirements.

Abaris,

I think you've touched on a really good point regarding flames on the ubi.com boards. If they're constructive, the developers can use the info in their continued testing and streamlining of the product. Also, it gives forums like this one more opportunity to focus on the community contributions, latest updates, patches, skins, campaigns, etc. Complaining about the game (bugs, distribution, min. requirement listings or otherwise) here will not be heard by the makers of LockOn...unless we cut/paste it over there ;)

I think the new software is an improvement, however, even though it recognizes me, I can't post because "I haven't verified by email".  Sheesh.. I tried it several times, it accepted it, but still won't let me in.

Vegas, I found the exact same problem when checking out the new (and very much needed) ubi.com LockOn forums. Did you try selecting the option to edit your profile and then click the SUMBIT button at the bottom of the page? I didn't even modify any of my settings. Just re-submitting worked for me.

I have been a frequent visitor to the official boards but its getting hard to like Lomac and visit the boards at the same time.  I can understand the frustration of those with a lot bugs but its becomming more and more hostile by the day.

For me it's like: Hey, I'm better off. I can actually run the game without any major problems.

Personally I think, that flaming in the official boards is OK. At least there's a chance, that the developers actually see the problems. And there are many. The main problem is, that the distributors publish minimum requirements, which are a laughing stock. This way, they want to attract more buyers, but in the long run, they're pissing those people off, who actually believed in those requirements.

Yeah, many people have said the same. It is the publisher doing this, not Eagle Dynamics. Just before the game was released Carl Norman himself said that he thought the recommended minimum specs were unrealistically low, and furthermore recommended that people use a much more capable video card than the stated minimum specs.

Yeah, many people have said the same. It is the publisher doing this, not Eagle Dynamics.  Just before the game was released Carl Norman himself said that he thought the recommended minimum specs were unrealistically low, and furthermore recommended that people use a much more capable video card than the stated minimum specs.

And that's what I honestly don't understand. It's not only LOMAC, it's each and every game being published with unrealistic minimum requirements. I don't get those publishers. It may help them to make a quick dollar, but in the long run, all they get are pissed off customers, who will never buy another of their products for a very long time.

Same goes for the release dates. As I said above. I don't have any major problems with LOMAC and it's certainly fun, but it's also unfinished and buggy. Just to make the Christmas dollar, they force the developers to shoot it out at a certain date. The results are once again angry customers, who - in some cases - can't even run the game.

Just too many morons over there for my taste. I can hang with complaints,etc but most of those Yahoos have no idea what they are talking about.

I'm better off here with people my own age and experience level.

I'm better off here with people my own age and experience level.

Better off here, you bet. Own age and experience? You might be surprised, I'd bet the age range is somewhere near 12-80 years old. and we all have our strengths. But what makes this and the other boards I visit so much better than the UBI boards is the maturity level, no matter the age. People know when to laugh, when to be serious, and know how to help each other out. THAT's what make this place so great.