Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

RIP Major Donald Thompson

I just found out today that last month my uncle Don (retired Major USAF) had lost his battle to bone marrow cancer. Apparently, the family hasn't been pushing real hard to spread the word and that has me reasonably pissed off. The memorial service will be held this Saturday up in Stockton, which is about 400 miles north of where I'm at.

Anyways, all that I know of my uncle's service is that he was a fighter pilot in the Korean War. Not too sure on what he flew, but it was either a F-86 or a F-9. I'm going to see if I can get some time off to attend the service so that at least someone in the family can give him proper respects for his service and sacrifice. I didn't know him all too well, but still he's family and he served his country - with honor.

Please accept my condolences.

RIP

my condolences.

RIP :salute:

RIP. Those who have shared memories will never forget and respect due for your committment to honor his contribution to our country's defense by attending him on his last flight.

Sorry, man. RIP

From me and my family: our deepest condolences, sir.

S!

Really sorry to hear that David - thats some inspiration to have in the family

S!

S !

Toasting a whisky right now, "To Major Thompson, A hero and protector of freedom".