Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Strike Fighters 2: Europe Screenshots (flyable plane list, new features and goodies)

merged sf2 sf2:v and sf2:e plane list

(there is no f-104 - ai only)

(av-8a had to be cut unfortunately)

new-1.jpg

new-2.jpg

new-3.jpg

I can't believe we are even having this conversation over a f***ing video game.

Thank you Dan for posting this. With a merged install that is one hell of plane list. I loved the destroyed planes.

Pretty sure we reached an understanding and have gone back to DEFCON 5 :good:

Yeah, sorry the AV-8A was cut - but nothing to do with political reasons. :( We almost lost all Harriers but I saved the GR1 and GR3.

*disclaimer* ex-Air Force wenie here :) *

Edited by DanW

Those RWRs are so great, so are the destroyed planes. I can dig it.

Awesome!

Of course, I wonder if that means yet ANOTHER thing to add to 3rd-party planes... :biggrin:

FC

Awesome!

Of course, I wonder if that means yet ANOTHER thing to add to 3rd-party planes... :biggrin:

FC

Oh you know it and Moonjumper/Crusader was just happy as a clam with this new RWR stuff.

I'm digging the new RWRs, too! I haven't seen an RWR that can identify threats since Jane's F/A-18 (I've been out of the flight-sim loop for a while).

Yeah, sorry the AV-8A was cut - but nothing to do with political reasons. :( We almost lost all Harriers but I saved the GR1 and GR3.

*disclaimer* ex-Air Force wenie here :) *

Nothing weenie about it, Brotha...

:good:

Oh, shoot.

It's only a video game....

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! crash aircraft! what a feature!those RWRs and lights looks awesome, also!

It's up!

...and gunsight/ccip still moving away from the glass :-(

...BTW, I pulled My first "Trigger" in 1972......

I was born in '73... :biggrin:

Any word on duplication of weapons loads?

(Oh, please, oh please!)

The Fishbed on the first screenshot looks awfully high-detailed

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2621...;_fb_noscript=1

MiG-21 Looks the same to me... But the MiG-23 does not, that is the tail of a modernised ML/MLD flogger 'G'! Which I requested on the TW forums. Now with a silver skin too. Wasn't it the other way around: like modernised MiG-23's usually with camo, and older ones usually silver? No problem though :)

Also I like the new French Mirage Skin, the F-84F and of course the aircraft wreckages. Finally some worthwhile additions in the new series.

But the MiG-23 does not, that is the tail of a modernised ML/MLD flogger 'G'!

So I should expect to have my rear kicked the moment I install the game? Happy days :biggrin:

So I should expect to have my rear kicked the moment I install the game? Happy days :biggrin:

They should prove more of a challenge indeed! Also there was a cockpit released for this MiG-23ML some weeks ago, at combatace I mean.

from wikipedia:

Second generation - Flogger G - MiG-23ML

The early Flogger variants were intended to be used in high-speed missile attacks, but it was soon noticed that fighters often had to engage in more stressful close-in combat. Early production aircraft had actually suffered cracks in the fuselage during their service career. Maneuverability of the aircraft was also criticized. A considerable redesign of the airframe was performed, resulting in the MiG-23ML (L - lightweight), which made it in some ways a new aircraft. Empty weight was reduced by 1250 kg, which was achieved partly by removing a rear fuselage fuel tank. Aerodynamics were refined for less drag. The dorsal fin extension was removed. The undercarriage was redesigned, resulting in a lowered nose attitude on the ground. The airframe was now rated for a g-limit of 8.5, compared to 8 g for the early generation MiG-23M/MF 'Flogger-B'. A new engine model, the R-35F-300, now provided a maximum dry thrust of 8550 kp, and 13,000 kp with afterburner. This led to considerable improvement in maneuverability and thrust-to-weight ratio. The avionics set was considerably improved as well. The S-23ML standard included Sapfir-23ML radar and TP-23ML IRST. The new radar was more reliable and a had maximum detection range of about 65 km against a fighter-sized target (25 km in look-down mode). The navigation suite received a new, much improved autopilot. New radio and datalink systems were also installed. The prototype of this variant first flew in 1976 and production began 1978.

I was born in '73... :biggrin:

And a good year it was! :grandpa:

SF2E aircraft list, marked planes are flyable

post-2042-1244223225_thumb.jpg

SF2E aircraft list, marked planes are flyable

Thanks for that list, I already wondered what exactly the folder contained.

Three flogger G's, and also a Flogger K!

Wings over Europe was always the most planes for the buck.