Those quays/breakwaters come in handy, don't they??? I made extensive use of them at Sircusa and Benghazi in the Libya map (as Gabriel can tell you!!)

I'm pretty sure Major Lee's "hot dog stand' could easily be reskinned to a kabob shak... :biggrin: (see DBS ver2 for a 'Borscht Bowl' resturant)

as for the antenna farm, the "amRadioTower" has been floating around for years, and there's a 'radioantenna' in my PTO mods (af62-somethingoranother) from Polak's Object Library 1, courtesty of the CFS mods people. Don't forget the 'Chain Home' antennas in the BoB terrain.

Pathenon and Hagia Sofia would have to be custom objects, like the Taj Mahal or the mosque in Islamabad (thanks to CAStary). "Generic" ruins could use the 'temple1' object, already in the various terrain cats (again, see Libya -Cyrene, Leptus Magna, and another one). Wonder if Gepard's Luxor Temple could be repainted....???

EDIT: it would also please me to no end, if the 'CASign1' were added to the airfields or any other places...nice advert for our beloved site, and a nice Easter Egg.

wrench

kevin stein

note to self: add some ruins to North Africa map in Libya

Those quays/breakwaters come in handy, don't they??? I made extensive use of them at Sircusa and Benghazi in the Libya map (as Gabriel can tell you!!)

I'm pretty sure Major Lee's "hot dog stand' could easily be reskinned to a kabob shak... :biggrin: (see DBS ver2 for a 'Borscht Bowl' resturant)

as for the antenna farm, the "amRadioTower" has been floating around for years, and there's a 'radioantenna' in my PTO mods (af62-somethingoranother) from Polak's Object Library 1, courtesty of the CFS mods people. Don't forget the 'Chain Home' antennas in the BoB terrain.

Pathenon and Hagia Sofia would have to be custom objects, like the Taj Mahal or the mosque in Islamabad (thanks to CAStary). "Generic" ruins could use the 'temple1' object, already in the various terrain cats (again, see Libya -Cyrene, Leptus Magna, and another one). Wonder if Gepard's Luxor Temple could be repainted....???

EDIT: it would also please me to no end, if the 'CASign1' were added to the airfields or any other places...nice advert for our beloved site, and a nice Easter Egg.

wrench

kevin stein

note to self: add some ruins to North Africa map in Libya

Wait a moment. ISLAMABAD? and Taj mahal? Am I missing anything?

As for Wrench's suggestion, all of them are perfectly what I meant.

And yes Wrench Siracusa is fun to buzz.gallery_8037_43_21479.jpg

(I have two version of lybia. one with old deusces desert and one with Castary's enhanced desert)

Wait a moment. ISLAMABAD? and Taj mahal? Am I missing anything?

it's in Indo-Pak, work in progress

(my sig is from it too)

Nice looking stuff... S-300 sites perhaps? Not sure how many they got, but it'd be a nice change from innefectual SA-2 sites. But really makes me want to put in the request for beta tester... :smile:

Seriously it's looking beautiful... The response once I saw the sub pen was "oh nice" You can put helo pads around, as Wrench said they should be lurking about, if not from his Range Upgrade files for the Range map.

Yeah I had placed a few S-300 sites(Will add more to Crete, Athens..) , but according to my tests, specific SAM callouts from types.ini have a slight problem, they don't paint in the RWR. (broken after Sep2008 i think)

So the last few days, I went ahead and changed them to generic SamRadar/SamLaunchers. If this is to work correctly, dates for certain objects/weapons need to be changed. I'll be documenting those as I go.

Wrench, first time I'm learning about those nice places, keep mentioning. I'm taking notes, will check and borrow some..

The quays, I just had to create those, the texture is basic but for now it'll do. (Complete newbie there)

Hagia Sofia, yeah right :biggrin: I got to add quite a few generic mosque's first.. But the ruins sound good, I'll sprinkle them all over Greece. Lots to do :yes:

oh, in effect it could be "funny" to fly in Tight formation a '104 flight under the Bosphorus Bridge............WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spillone104 could imitate the sound better than me....

:lmaosmiley:

For Pureblue: The S-300PMU are besed only on Crete.

Of course, there's always this one....

This is at Benghazi Field, in the upcoming North Africa rebuild (Edward's WW2 terrain)

wrench

kevin stein

Cok Guzel!

pureblue, got your PM and right now can't download due to server issues... if you can PM it to me that would get it to me faster... You juts have to use 7z to make it a zip file... and thanks!

Cok Guzel!

Cok tesekkurler Dave! I'll PM you about some details I want to add around Izmir ;)

Eric, Not positive I can PM this big, it's almost 60megs. I can upload to a better host, if that will help. I'll PM details.

Spillone, yes my bad, S-300 only on Crete (at 2 different spots I read), and a ready but empty site/facility on Cyprus.

The ones around Athens and up north are the Patriots I think.

Last nights progress: Placed another airbase built right next to the seaside, on the island of Skiros. This base is bound to get lots of action, because of its central spot. Better to try and take it out of action at the start of a campaign, if you're flying the Turks. :biggrin:

Edited by pureblue

Cok tesekkurler Dave! I'll PM you about some details I want to add around Izmir ;)

Sounds great. I take it you are going to add Cigli AB? :good: Not to mention Disco Hit?

Sounds great. I take it you are going to add Cigli AB? :good: Not to mention Disco Hit?

Yes Cigli AB is there already, with Gaziemir airfield (which NATO has moved to I think) and the commercial Menderes Airport. There's also another training airfiled right next to Cigli, I'm debating to put it in or not.

Disco Hit, I had to look up what that meant, so CC-Air HQ in Izmir uses that code. Yes for sure it will be in there, with some Nato flags and defenses, needs to be on the Friendly side though :biggrin:

For some easter eggs, will try to come up with some funny stuff, related to your adventures down there :biggrin:

Screw the Greeks, they are the enemy. :lol:

Just a joke.

Then Dave, when I finally get these damn Jupiter sites right (stupid finals) want me to angle them towards Greece? :biggrin:

Do we have anything that look like ruins? All I can think of are the ruins or temples from Green Hell 2, and I might have been imagining those :blink:

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

There are ruins in the SF2 stock desert terrain. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the file is TEMPLE1.LOD and the texture is LIMESTONE1.BMP.

post-24093-1245821904_thumb.jpg

Yeah sprinkling those ruins on mountain tops will be a pain!

Here's the almost finished naval base. Got a helo base setup, without the "small airfield" callout. Just for single missions and static copters.. (or any other ideas?)

img00042.jpg

And Skyros Island air base, almost enough room for Starfighters and Mirage's to take off.

img00038.jpg

Edited by pureblue

Yeah sprinkling those ruins on mountain tops will be a pain!

Tell me about it!!! After adding Carthage, Leptus Magna and Cyrene to the Libya map and one someplace in Sicily.... what a PIA!!! Although, we COULD use some better ancient ruins .... :wink:

The Acropolis is so iconic (or Ionian???) a visual, it would definatly need it's own terrain object.

----------------

Great looking base!!! All you'd need are some static terrainobject helos to drop on it. (like the WW2 statics)

It's beginning to look like I have a competitor/cohort in the race for "Guru of Terrain Targeting" :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

It's beginning to look like I have a competitor/cohort in the race for "Guru of Terrain Targeting" :wink:

About time, The Ancient One :wink:

j/k

Pureblue, awesome terrain and target work so far! :good:

The base shot is amazing! :clapping:

You need to add Efesus Pureblue! :lol:

:salute: Just walking in your footsteps Wrench :wink:

I have to say, STT (Swambast) is the bomb! The second half of the naval base construction came after I began testing this fantastic program. You just got to see to believe how easily you can get your creative ideas from paper to the ini files. Thanks for developing it Steve :good:

Today I added some rivers.. The geography is so lively, it's a joy to do sightseeing flights. I also switched back to using the 4 seasons Stary, had missed all the colorful fields, looks much better now. Lastly, I bit the bullet and started messing around Istanbul, some bridge and harbour building is underway.

edit: Yeah Dave, if any historical site is to be in there, thats got to be the first! But this is strike fighters, we need stuff to bomb right, so.. :fie:

Edited by pureblue

But, because it's classed as a 'target area', ruined sites can (and sometimes are) assigned for Recon missions. Good for sightseeing. Just you wait and see the 'new' Cyrene in the "new" WW2 Western Desert rebuild.... :biggrin:

note to self .. I really need the FSSC, so I can start testing/using the STT...with avsim down, I can't get it!!

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks PureBlue, it gives me great satisfaction to know my STT tool is helping, I really appreciate your comments. :smile:

The terrain work is looking absolutely wonderful, keep up the great work!!! :fan_1:

-Swambast

Wrench, PM sent.

Swambast, thank you! Can't wait to cast some STT magic down there :ok:

(No screenshots of this place for a while, keep some surprises)

img00033-1.jpg

Edited by pureblue

Wrench, PM sent.

Swambast, thank you! Can't wait to cast some STT magic down there :ok:

(No screenshots of this place for a while, keep some surprises)

cries in nostalgy seeing the screenshot :cray: :cray: :shok: