Sign in to follow this  
Erik

New Forum Software Announcement

NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT

In the next few days (primarily over the weekend) we will be changing over to new forum / site software. The change will be immediately apparent and a vast improvement to the services we provide here at CombatACE. Please keep in mind that while we have been planning this behind the scenes for quite some time the transitions are never error free. Once the new software is running some configuration time will be needed to get the boards and services online a 100%. I will try to minimize downtime and issues related to the transition however your understanding and patience during the upgrade will be appreciated.

As always if there are errors or issues with site features, access, or other related upgrade problems please let us know by posting in our "Bug Reports / Suggestions" section located in the main general category.

Excuse my silly question Erik, but would one be able to upload files to mods database during the transfer, or is it better to wait until the upgrade process is over?

... would one be able to upload files to mods database during the transfer, or is it better to wait until the upgrade process is over?

Once the process of switching over has started I'll update this post and I'll update it again at the finish. That way you'll know when not to be uploading files.

thank you

Hope it all goes well boy's can't wait to see the results. :good::good::good:

Here's the game plan as I know it as of today.

Tomorrow night I'll import the new code base for the boards only. This will start after 11:00 PM PDT / 2:00 EDT. The forum boards (forum.combatace.com) will be offline for about 30 minutes until I can get the database up and running. The main site (combatace.com) may also go down during this period.

I'll make all the changes to the forums to get us a stable and working platform from which to branch off of. The main site may turn into a static page with links until the changes there can be put into place. My focus will be on returning the forums.

When the forums initially come online the add-on features (gallery, download section, etc) will not work and I'll only be allowing the use of the main forum skin. The other skins that Fates has been working on (THANKS and shout out!) so diligently won't be added until after I can confirm that all the site cache's and member settings have been properly restored and put into place. This means for those of you used to seeing the "OFF" Branded skin set or your selected skin they will not work but instead you'll see the default forum skin.

Once the configurations and forum base are completed I'll start adding the features and user perks. Some of these may not happen until Saturday morning depending on my ability to remain alert. My preference for obvious reasons is to do this once and do it right. As each new feature comes on board it will need modifications and setup so please be patient while I get all this into place. Please don't panic if you see errors but if they persist please alert me to them.

The last update will be the main site page(s). These may not function until Sunday and may not be completed until later next week but I will make sure that the functionality will remain as this is our root domain name and it needs to work.

As things progress I'll update this announcement as to what you should expect to be working or not as well as the features that have resumed normal operation. Please check here first for the latest updates and progress.

Thanks Erik, I've tried to pass the info to the OFF gang. Best wishes, Jim

Backups will be starting tonight at 11:00 pm. I won't get around to actually putting up the new stuff until the morning. Expected time to complete a full backup looks to be about 5.3 hours.

Thanks and we'll see you tomorrow.

The site and services will be affected this morning from 7:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT on. Please check this thread for further information when it becomes available.

Current status update:

The boards have been returned to normal operational status while I complete the finishing edits and changes to bring us up to our current release.

There are services that are still affected and not online yet.

Will update this post shortly with more details.

Just looking at the forum now, all's i can say guys is wow what a change! Its great, keep up the good work! good.gif

Scouserlad13

There's much more to come. :heat:

This looks to have been a MA-hoosive undertaking.

Great job, gentlemen, and I have to say, it is looking darned good...

:good:

looks good so far...will the domain name be the same...as my old link wouldnt work..

Edited by russouk2004

looks good so far...will the domain name be the same...as my old link wouldnt work..

Yes, your old link should work just fine once the dust settles. You are probably taking a path to http://combatace.com which is directing you to a splash page while work continues on the new front page of the site. There will be some incredible features there once complete.

M

Forums - Migration Complete

Gallery - Migration Complete

Downloads - Pending

Partner Sites - Active

Hardware Platforms - Active

Main Site - Pending

Additional Modules - Pending

Skin Sets - Pending

Current status as of 12:00 PM PDT.

Forums - Migration Complete

Gallery - Migration Complete

Blog Module - Installed / Active

Downloads - Pending

Partner Sites - Active

Hardware Platforms - Active

Main Site - Pending

Additional Modules - Pending

Skin Sets - Pending

Current status as of 3:30 PM PDT.

Great work Erik!

Just a question, there will be an option to change our name?

why we cant start new topic

why we cant start new topic

You can, top right, says START A NEW TOPIC.