Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

What do you listen to drive?

Hey everyone, i'm just curious...what do you listen while driving?besides women blaming , drunk friends shouting,traffic noise and etc

well, i love drive alone (specially after a long period without it , yeah i really like!) and the sound is a great parter :good:

i usually drive listening Richie Blackmore's Raibow, Deep Purple, Rush,Saxon, Richie Kotzen solo(ex-Poison and Mr Big guitarrist) Mr Big,Jimmy Hendrix Experience ,Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore solo carrer.

well, i like to be prudend in traffic and for that i need a little bit of concentration, but also need to releax, so i never put in my mobile track list some Dream theater 10 minute solos, or intense guitar songs such as Malmsteen's and i don't like other styles also hehe

:drinks:

Depends on where I'm going, and how far I have to go........

Primarily I listen to Jazz or New Age when I drive, and it's not uncommon for me to roll with The Rippingtons in the CD player. Rainy days are for Nelson Rangell or Earl Klugh, and hot days with the top open are for Dancing Fantasy.

Long runs down the highway rate Bon Jovi and Jackson Browne, while night drives are for Torquato Mariano.

And for flying WO(X), as crazy as it sounds, my favorite missions (Sam Hunts) are done to "Don't Fear the Reaper" by BOC.

For me its more METALLICA or Godsmack or some such....

U2

Deepends on the mood:

if its a rainy night then primarly Dwight Yoakam or Brooks&Dunn.

If I'm driving through the city, it's something to pump the volume up, like Metallica, Rob Zombie and some Hardrock from switzerland, as for example Gotthard and Krokus.grin.gifrockon.gif

For a ride on the autobahn I listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan or/and Jeff Healey.grandpa.gif

I listen to whatever. Soundtracks (including classical scores), hard rock, oldies, alternative...anything! Good music is good music.

Depends on where I'm at and who I'm with, in SoCal with my girls it's tuned to the local punk/alt rock station. In town alone it's whatever f'ing station that's not sucking at the moment, and with the wife it's whatever she has 'cause she's doing the driving, it usually sucks.

BTW, favorite SoCal stations, 106.7 KROQ, 98.5 KYSR and 91.1 XTRA.

Edited by firehawkordy

Now and then, to blow-off some steam from work, I like to light my car on fire... drive full throttle up the Long Island Expressway with Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" blasting over the radio, while I'm screaming obcenities at the top of my lungs.

Usually does me really good.

OvS

while I'm screaming obcenities at the top of my lungs.

That's the Spirit :rofl:

BBC Radio 2 in the morning - you can't beat a bit of Sir Terry Wogan, and besides I've been listening to him since my dad drove me to school over 30 years ago!

On the way home from work it's usually BBC Radio 4 to catch up on the news.

On a long drive when I get to listen to a CD it's whatever I've got in the car - anything from Fleetwood Mac to Lilly Allen, via the Stones, Beatles, an audio book or the HSM3 soundtrack if my daughter's with me!

When I used to have a tape player back in the day I'd make mix tapes (as I'm sure loads of you guys did too) of driving music, usually including lots of tracks from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack!

Edited by allenjb42

XM, Dos Gringos, Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, some rap (old school), etc.

Whatever's on the Classic Rock station. If I do have CD's with me it'll be Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Boston, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Nazareth or Queen, usually.

Hey everyone, i'm just curious...what do you listen to while driving?

Exhaust .....I can feel it too so its like an awesome subwoofer.

M

OPETH. and anyone who hears it can kiss my pimply. Get off my damn road anyway!

• Like 1

OPETH. and anyone who hears it can kiss my pimply. Get off my damn road anyway!

Opeth ftw!:clapping:

i just don't like to listen to progmetal while driving but its a great band ever!

also, new DT albun has a lot to do with Opeth.

The new Dream Theatre, really? Maybe because of the tour they did together. Love DT anyway, I should get the new one.

The new Dream Theatre, really? Maybe because of the tour they did together. Love DT anyway, I should get the new one.

Yes, Portnoy said that hehehe

they're very promissing :clapping:

• Like 1

Before overturn and destroy my car.

I listened: E.S Posthumus ,A.N.I.M.A.L ,Sepultura ,Fear Factory , Cannibal Corpse , Pantera.

That's on normal days.

And when I need energy and desire to continue with the rest of the day.

V8 , Hermetica , Almafuerte ,Logos ,Aonikenk.

And a couple more bands that compose the "Ácido Argentino".

And laugh a while I listen while driving : Cypress Hill And Tiro De Gracia.

Saludos

:drinks:

Marcos

Sometimes jazz (especially The Rippingtons), anime soundtracks. Eurobeat and trance is reserved in the case of need for speed :grin:

Radio, custom music I like would hype me up and I already have the "heavy leg" syndrome so I prefer calm, relaxing music in everyday driving :cool:

Bullets For My Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Nickle Back, Avenge Sevenfold, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamine, and Pantera to name a few. I'm currently listening to the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack.

This pretty much sums up my choice of music and my typical afternoon commute home on the LIE (Long Island Expressway)....

:minigun:

Edited by OvS