Guest ansons2

:heat:

Hello everyone,

I just want to share some screenshots about a new Map I am working on. It is for France (my country), North africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain, and South of England). The main goal is to have in a single Map the different areas where the french have fought against the Axis. I want to have also contrasting landscapes. Thus I am using the SFP1 Desert Tile set for North africa, Sicily, Malta and south of Spain and WOE Tileset for the other Areas. There is still a long way to have everything completed but for now the base tiling is done, I am working on adding rivers and cities to North Africa, then I will move to Sicily, Italy and Spain and then move to France , Switzerland..... More screenshots to be seen on my website

france_01.jpg

france_03.jpg

france_04.jpg

france_07.jpg

france_09.jpg

france_10.jpg

ansons2

January 2010 Update :

Happy New year to everyone here ! Here some screenshots of my France WIP Map.

Progress status : North africa is completed including Tunisia, Sicily and Malta with many towns and airfields and targets. Middle of Italy with transition betwen Desert and germany Tileset is done from the Tiling point of view.

FYI I have designed a tool under XL to speed up the targets and the .tod generation. Here below are some screenshots to show the tool's results (forests involve 1000+ trees per tile thus placing manually all trees was really tedious without the tool). Still a lot of work to get the whole map completed but things are moving forwards...

There are more screenshots to be seen on my website

Best regards

Ansons2

france_30.jpg

france_31.jpg

france_32.jpg

france_34.jpg

france_37.jpg

france_39.jpg

Edited by ansons2
  • Like 1

Guest ansons2

Nice. will it be SF2 COMPATIBLE also? Thx. :clapping:

Hi dsawan

To answer your question, I think it should be compatible. Do you have tested my other maps (India, Norway, Germany)

into SF2 ? (You might have to change the .cat pointer in the terrain.ini file). If these other maps work, then this

one should work too.

Best regards

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Guest ansons2

:heat:

Hello everyone,

I just want to share some screenshots about a new Map I am working on. It is for France (my country), North africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain, and South of England). The main goal is to have in a single Map the different areas where the french have fought against the Axis. I want to have also contrasting landscapes. Thus I am using the SFP1 Desert Tile set for North africa, Sicily, Malta and south of Spain and WOE Tileset for the other Areas. There is still a long way to have everything completed but for now the base tiling is done, I am working on adding rivers and cities to North Africa, then I will move to Sicily, Italy and Spain and then move to France , Switzerland..... More screenshots to be seen on my website

france_01.jpg

france_03.jpg

france_04.jpg

france_07.jpg

france_09.jpg

france_10.jpg

ansons2

February 2010 Update

Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that things are progressing... During these last weeks I worked to make an italian town (Napoli ). I had to make new tiles and buildings

to have the town looking like an actual one. (thanks to google map & view street).

Here are some screenshots... (More can be seen on My Website (SFP1 page).

still a lot of work to do but things are moving forward...

naples3.jpg

naples6.jpg

naples9.jpg

naples10.jpg

naples14.jpg

naples17.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ansons2

February 2010 Update

Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that things are progressing... During these last weeks I worked to make an italian town (Napoli ). I had to make new tiles and buildings

to have the town looking like an actual one. (thanks to google map & view street).

Here are some screenshots... (More can be seen on My Website (SFP1 page).

still a lot of work to do but things are moving forward...

naples3.jpg

naples6.jpg

naples9.jpg

naples10.jpg

naples14.jpg

naples17.jpg

February 21th Update

Map still in progress. I have completed Roma Town. Here below some screenshots.

roma_2.jpg

roma_3.jpg

roma_4.jpg

roma_5.jpg

roma_8.jpg

(More can be seen on My Website (SFP1 page).

ansons2

• Like 1

Looks very nice. :good:

Will u use the stock airbases, or will you use moddet (like pureblue in Annatolia / Germany wip´s)?

Guest ansons2

Looks very nice. :good:

Will u use the stock airbases, or will you use moddet (like pureblue in Annatolia / Germany wip´s)?

Hi Soulfreak,

To answer your question, for now, I am using Stock Airbases, maybe I will try to use different headings for the airfields instead of having them always pointing to the north. My first goal is to have different landscapes between countries in order to not get bored when flying the map.

regards

ansons2

Guest ansons2

:salute: Hello everyone,

April's News for this WIP :

Italy is almost completed: Rivers, Roads , Towns and Harbors have been added. Here below a few screenshots, there are more to be seen on my Website. Next steps are : Adding a few targets to Italy and then moving to Sardignia and Corsica. I have already added new specific tiles for Cagliari and Ajaccio (Thanks to Google Map). Things are moving not very fast but I will try to keep the pace ! Patience is required but I really believe that it is worth the wait. This map is the best I have done so far.

Best Regards

ansons2

venezia_20.jpg

venezia_13.jpg

venezia_16.jpg

venezia_17.jpg

venezia_19.jpg

venezia_24.jpg

venezia_27.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ansons2

:salute: Hello everyone,

April's News for this WIP :

Italy is almost completed: Rivers, Roads , Towns and Harbors have been added. Here below a few screenshots, there are more to be seen on my Website. Next steps are : Adding a few targets to Italy and then moving to Sardignia and Corsica. I have already added new specific tiles for Cagliari and Ajaccio (Thanks to Google Map). Things are moving not very fast but I will try to keep the pace ! Patience is required but I really believe that it is worth the wait. This map is the best I have done so far.

Best Regards

ansons2

venezia_20.jpg

venezia_13.jpg

venezia_16.jpg

venezia_17.jpg

venezia_19.jpg

venezia_24.jpg

venezia_27.jpg

April 14th News

I have just completed the Industrial Area near Torino. Hopefully I have designed a small utility under XL to generate the targets otherwise I would not been able to complete the task !

See the results below. More Screenshots can be seen on my Website

Best Regards

ansons2

torino_plant_area_3.jpg

torino_plant_area_5.jpg

torino_plant_area_8.jpg

ansons: try this for the smoke effect on the cryo-tanks. I lowered it down, recentered it, so it looks more like it venting from the central hatch/relief valve/whatever thingy on top

EffectOffset=0.0,0.0,6.25

wrench

kevinstein

Guest ansons2

ansons: try this for the smoke effect on the cryo-tanks. I lowered it down, recentered it, so it looks more like it venting from the central hatch/relief valve/whatever thingy on top

EffectOffset=0.0,0.0,6.25

wrench

kevinstein

Thanks for the Tip. I have made the change.

ansons2

Bravo!

Is it totally crazy to think that this terrain could be used in FE2??

Apart from the fashions of the people and a few other things that could probably be modded, it seems it could work OOTB.

The Adriatic and Italy have been totally off the map in FE.

sinbad

Sinbad:

ANY map made for SF/Wo* can be used in FE or FE2 ... you just need one of the Original 3 ™ Terrains in FE for the catpointer line reacharound.

I had SPADs dueling Fokkers over Cairo at one time...

(btw, one wonders how my WW2 Palestine map would convert over for FE; probably have to extract/place the FE airfields or just use the stockish ones from SF/Wo* -- that is if you all don't mind paved runways. And even that's easily fixed with a simple edit, swapping out the paved runways for the dirt version -and there's even dirt painted versions of the larger runways, too. I should know, I made them!!)

wrench

kevin stein

very nice, indeed! I hope see it uploaded soon!

Goblin

Guest ansons2

April 14th News

I have just completed the Industrial Area near Torino. Hopefully I have designed a small utility under XL to generate the targets otherwise I would not been able to complete the task !

See the results below. More Screenshots can be seen on my Website

Best Regards

ansons2

torino_plant_area_3.jpg

torino_plant_area_5.jpg

torino_plant_area_8.jpg

May 20th News

I have completed Sardignia and currently working on Corsica.

Here below a few screenshots :

Cagliari Town

cagliari_1.jpg

cagliari_16.jpg

cagliari_19.jpg

cagliari_20.jpg

cagliari_4.jpg

cagliari_9.jpg

Oristano Town

oristano_1.jpg

Corsica, 1st Screenshot

corsica_5.jpg

More Screenshots can be seen on my Website

Best regards

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Très impressionnant, very impressive

Edited by sony tuckson

WOW. Being Italian and having worked in Corsica, the map is awesome.

Venice is perfect, Cagliari (sardinian women areq uite beautiful) and the shepherd in corsica. Awesome.

Which airports are you planning to include?

Anyway thank you , this is awesome

nice, nice... but try making the trees less saturated, no these really stand out from the background, make the graphics less vivid. I'm refering to Corsica shots, to be precise

anyway I like it! :good: