Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

new TW TURKEY preview by TK

WOW it's looking cool :yikes:

NICE! Very cool!

That was certainly unexpected.

Id say we are going back to the "Med".

It also could be Operation Dessert Storm, Iran Iraq or Korea.

You can bet real money, it'll be NextGen only....

but it looks damn cool!

wrench

kevin stein

Can anyone say Fleet Defender done in a much more pleasant graphical environment?

I knew that your could!

Can anyone say Fleet Defender done in a much more pleasant graphical environment?

I knew that your could!

Yes, except without working carrier ops such as LSO, ATC, IFOLS and so on, when you ask for help it won't matter, you won't be able to target any ground or ship objects on radar, and certainly won't be juggling the several realistic radar modes in the back seat. Or maybe I'm being overly cynical. I'll still be getting it though.. because somewhere down the line, my grandchildren might live to see a time when Thirdwire have enough money to really make a Fleet Defender with nice graphics.

Yes, except without working carrier ops such as LSO, ATC, IFOLS and so on, when you ask for help it won't matter, you won't be able to target any ground or ship objects on radar, and certainly won't be juggling the several realistic radar modes in the back seat. Or maybe I'm being overly cynical. I'll still be getting it though.. because somewhere down the line, my grandchildren might live to see a time when Thirdwire have enough money to really make a Fleet Defender with nice graphics.

Since TK has announced that SF2I was probably the last TW sim on the existing SF engine, what makes you so sure that those items will not be incorporated (at least in part) in the next series?

That looks friggin' sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Since TK has announced that SF2I was probably the last TW sim on the existing SF engine, what makes you so sure that those items will not be incorporated (at least in part) in the next series?

What? I read he'd be doing several more in the SF2 series?

Most interesting, I guess that means we'll be seeing more detailed carrier ops and naval action.

I would love my doubts to be proved wrong. What about the Suez addon? Won't that be the last to use the SF engine? Also FE2.

There are a lot of sings indicating that such features as would make a TW Fleet Defender are a long way off in the future, not least of which would be TK saying as much on his forums. To paraphrase, "a long way down the line, several games and several years away", "if we had the time and the money", "if it didn't involve learning switches", these seem to be the general arguments whenever people ask for these kinds of features. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see a Thirdwire Fleet Defender style game coming in the next 5 years, or even ever. No doubt whatever the next game is will be fun and in keeping with the sim lite mentality, but it won't be Fleet Defender with eye candy!

I would love my doubts to be proved wrong. What about the Suez addon? Won't that be the last to use the SF engine? Also FE2.

The Suez addon will more than likely be exactly that, and addon, similar to the addon(s) for FE, and not a full sim, in of itself.