Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

SF2 Series UPDATE ALERT!

Well the ladder issue for your HUD is probably why if you're using FC's F-15 :good: It's at the bottom of the page #30. The other reasons? got me man...

Any problems with WOV2 Air and Ground War Expansion Pack?

None so far, but I only have the terrain, weapons, targets and ground objects from the expansion pack. The AAA is much more accurate now, it seems the radars will lock on to you and give the AAA guns pretty good aim. Almost got blown out of the sky over Hanoi faster then usual.

One other thing I did notice: pre-patch, several (if not all) MiG skins were missing, now they're back. :good:

I just ran the SF2x Dec2009-patch (NOT the one for/including SF2I!) on my standalone SF2V (plus Expansion Pack Gold) before leaving for work this morning (so not much time to check things) and "re-applied" my modded folder...

What I found out so far:

+ the game now runs on Vista Aero (eventually) - before, I had to switch it off clapping.gif

+ new load screen (a camoed F-4 on tarmac) - well, I prefer the "Welcome to Vietnam" from the SF2V Expansion Pack

- plane(s?) not shown in hangar screen - at least I saw that with the default F-4E (maybe I can find something - jpg or other picture-file - in the "stock mod folder" created after running the patched game once...)

- the HDR mod 1.01A doesn't run anymore. At least Boris' script in the upper left doesn't appear - which (I understand) does indicate whether the enbseries are turned on or not. (Yes, I checked the d9d3.dll and the enbseries being still there.)

Don't know if the new DX10-support implemented overrules the DX9 driver being part of the HDR-mod.

Anybody more knowledgeable than me (well, that's not hard) might be able to answer/supply workarounds for the above? blink.gif

things left to check:

- FPS performance

- more things like the missing plane above

- accurate support of the other objects implemented with the Sf2V XP Gold

...so, lots to do...

(I'll leave copies of this post in the XP Gold- and HDR 1.01A-threads)

Oliver

The HDR .dll will only kick in if you are running DX9 render mode. Since you have Vista, it will by default now run in DX10 mode.

Yeah, but applying the HDR-mod (by copying the d3d9.dll into the game and the enberies in the /Flight) worked well before.

At least Boris' message appeared and I was able to play with the enbseries - which is gone now..... blink.gif

Any more input on that???

Whether the game runs in DX9 or DX10 is determined by the .ini file. It was probably changed by the patch, you'll have to change it back if you want to run it in DX9.

Please re-read what I wrote. The mod doesn't work in DX10, SF2 Series are now DX10 games.

Helmut, you can revert to Dx9 renderer by adding ForceDX9=1 in options.ini

but I never tested this one, can't guarantee

If changing those values is THAT simple, I'll add it to my list what things to check out... (Let's see what otherwise-working-thing might crash from that change... But rolling back doesn't sound too complicated... grin.gif )

Eric, I think I see where you're coming from on this one, unfortunately the rest of the install is fouled up. Since I've got my mod folders backed up (Pre patch), I'm going to reinstall the games, patch to the previous standard, then copy my mods in, and go from there (easier said than done). Wish me luck!

Eric, once again, thanks for the link I've got it bookmarked :)

Folks, could somebody upload the update at CA?

i really can't D/L from TW site, its too slow for me, i'm d/l at 2/3 kb :no:

Folks, could somebody upload the update at CA?

Been having problems getting this update downloaded to, speed is fine but the file is incomplete or corrupt - Have done all the normal things clearing cache etc even downloaded with 3 types of browser but still no joy :blink:

Is anyone else having problems getting this update?

Been having problems getting this update downloaded to, speed is fine but the file is incomplete or corrupt - Have done all the normal things clearing cache etc even downloaded with 3 types of browser but still no joy :blink:

Is anyone else having problems getting this update?

here with Opera, IE and Firefox...both with unpraticable d/l speeds to a 200mb file, when here at CA i'm downloading all fine.

Well - except for the a.m. things I don't heve any problems (yet).....

To add to my findings:

- the enbseries actually DO get triggered and are running - they just appear when starting to load the flight (after hitting the "Fly"-button the script appears in the upper left of the loading-screen again). Seems to work like before...

Now, I guess (might also check that - although not too high on my agenda) that is because I disabled the enbseries in the /Flight (UseEffect=0 and all [Effects]=0 too)...

- the stuttering ground is still there UNFORTUNATELY! blink.gif Too bad, I hoped for that being remedied, too........

I'll try out deleting the HDR again and look for a difference (maybe the HDR hinders something now)...

Concerning putting the Dec2009-patch up here: if only I knew how to...

Just checked "deleting the HDR" (actually it's just deleting the d3d9.dll and the enbseries): didn't solve the "ground stuttering" - so that wasn't remedied by the patch obviously (and UNFORTUNATELY)...

Just checked "deleting the HDR" (actually it's just deleting the d3d9.dll and the enbseries): didn't solve the "ground stuttering" - so that wasn't remedied by the patch obviously (and UNFORTUNATELY)...

It was never mentioned in the patch notes either, so its not exactly unexpected.

GFX - mean graphics? Well, you can do without HDR now... That's "quite nice"... grin.gif

How to ensure that new shiny patch will not mess up your install:

1. Rename your MOD folder, just put a "_" in front of it

2. Create New Folder and name it the same way you named your MOD folder

3. Start the game then exit

4. Delete the newly created MOD folder, rename your original mod folder the way it was before patch.

Good idea. Now why didn't I think of this before?

What I do is to go back and edit the plane .ini's one by one to rever to modded form. heat.gif

Do you have news, if the better_widesky_for_sf2_series and EE3_SF2_update, work well with the SF2_update_Dec2009 patch?? blink.gif

OK so now for a positive review. I fortunately only have SF2 Vietnam ATM so no merged install problems. I have Windows 7 prof 64 bit, Phenom II 3ghz quad core, 4gb of DDR3, and a Radeon 4870. Normally the radeon would mean I'm running this game slower-especially when the SA-2s start going up into the overcast to try for the many B-52s up there.

Well

...with the patch....

THIS SUCKER MOVES!!!!

I set the graphics to unlimited-with also turns on FSAA now (no more having to manually set before I launch.) Track IR and cougar running in the background and this sucker is pegged at 59-60DPS only because the sync to refresh rate is on. The graphics dipped to 30 once under very heavy action but the game overall is notably faster and better looking due to this patch. I don't have any of the bugs others reports but the loading screen for all a/c is an F-4D. The F-8 seems to handle better and is a real MiG killer above 350kts. That thing races around the sky like an Indy car. Everything on Hard mode. Yep this game rocks again.

Hopefully I'll buy the TK Christmas special soon. Can't wait to try a Mirage or Kfir in SF2:I

So I'm taking it's safe to download? No issues with the patch?

Do you have news, if the better_widesky_for_sf2_series and EE3_SF2_update, work well with the SF2_update_Dec2009 patch?? blink.gif

Not really. They have to be updated, as there are new effects shaders and parameters that need to be applied. You can try experimenting, by comparing the lines in the default December-09 environmentsystem.ini, and the widesky version, and making the appropriate changes....but it's still a matter of experimentation.

Hi, Has TK fixed the f-4's from disappearing or are people still having missing planes. Havent installed it yet. The last patch for Nov ruined my sam assets as only the zsu-23 shilka appeared. Found iout it was a config chg that caused some ground units from not showin gup in game. Thx.

Im having problems with all my terrains. River and sea tiles are white . I copyed the new germany data file and dropped in my modded germany file and all is ok with that now but the other's are still messed up :( any idea's on how to fix them ?