Sign in to follow this  
Uhu

What model is this?

Hello!

Is there anybody out there who recognises this plane? I know that it will be a LOD problem, but I do not recognize the incriminated model...

post-10599-12639955720634.jpg

I was flying a Tornado in 2003 on ODS map and as it carries french AAM (Super 530 and Magic?), I thought that it was a flight of some kind of Mirage. But the LOD callings in their respective aircraft.INI's (I checked my Mirages, Super Etendard and Rafale) look all right, I did not see a spelling mistake.

Can anybody tell my, based on the weapon loadout, what aircraft should be visible here?

Greets, Uhu

Edited by Uhu

The Super 530 in the centre pylon does bring to mind the Mirage series. I looked in my own screenshots and concluded it's carrying more IRs than the 60s Mirages did. The tanks however, don't resemble the ones on my Mirage 2000N. Do you have the Mirage F-1C/F-1C 200 installed? Or perhaps any version of the Kfir?

Also, I've had the "invisible plane" problem with the A-4E even though all looked well. But it's the first time I see a plane doing 0 Km/h while in the air...

Edited by CarlosemoG

Looks like an Mirage F-1

No it don't, you can't see it. :lol:

You know, you guys are scary when you can identify invisible planes!

Mirage 2000C with defective Klingon Cloaking Gear.

Mirage 2000C with defective Klingon Cloaking Gear.

Eric FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks.gif

Stealth technology sure has come a long way since the F117 :blink:

No doubt, it's a Mirage F1, I had the same problem a few month ago because of a missing or corrupted .LOD file

The Super 530 in the centre pylon does bring to mind the Mirage series. I looked in my own screenshots and concluded it's carrying more IRs than the 60s Mirages did. The tanks however, don't resemble the ones on my Mirage 2000N. Do you have the Mirage F-1C/F-1C 200 installed? Or perhaps any version of the Kfir?

Also, I've had the "invisible plane" problem with the A-4E even though all looked well. But it's the first time I see a plane doing 0 Km/h while in the air...

Thanks, the hint for Mirage F1-C was the correct one, I believe. I didn't check but just forgot this plane, as the folder hasn't "Mirage" in its name but nevertheless missed LOD's. Just downloaded again the MF version, I think that's a solved problem. :-)

Greets, Uhu

Hello, it's me again with some graphic problems... ^^

I've just flown some intercept missions in y F-104 in my 1962 Red Thunder campaign (WOE with NF 1-4 and much other mods) and noticed that a friendly F-105D flight (stock plane, I think) looks really weird. I didn't modify anything to this model, as far as I remember.

Screens:

post-10599-12642480024443.jpg

post-10599-12642480046584.jpg

What happens here? It seems to be a kind of a crossbreed of a F-105 with a S-3, look at the turbofan... Corrupted LOD, corrupted loadout.INI, something else? The folder contains only the skin folders and the F-105D.INI . Another F-105 that I believe on a SEAD mission with another loadout (CBU-24 and AGM-112) looked normal, screen:

post-10599-12642481503858.jpg

By the way, what's the "long cylinder" on the "corrupted" Thud? A nuke? I'm asking 'cause I've got a bunch of B-57 nuking an airfield some missions ago in the same campaign, blasting themselves out of the sky and nearly getting me - 14 kilometers away - too, albeit there are no nukes defined in their loadout.INI ...

Any solution or idea to the model problem is greatly appreciated.

Greets, Uhu

The "turbofans" are actually MiG-19 noses (you will recognize the additional missle rails flying in formation with them)!

looks like someone didn't update their 17PFU Izrumd nose to use the 'fake pilot' seating arrangment. The one you're using is either set to a) a gunpod, as originally issues in 2005 or b) set as an ECM pod.

d/l the 17PFU upgrade pak from our handy dandy downloads section, and follow the detailed instructions I wrote, and all will be well

wrench

kevin stein

looks like someone didn't update their 17PFU Izrumd nose to use the 'fake pilot' seating arrangment. The one you're using is either set to a) a gunpod, as originally issues in 2005 or b) set as an ECM pod.

wrench

kevin stein

Hello Kevin!

It was neither the MiG-17 PFU, a gunpod or an ECM pod... It was a MiG-19 PF, the radar nose set up as a weapons rack (a MER) and additionally coded as NATO attachment... No wonder that I got it on my Thuds... Thanks for pointing me in the "radar nose" direction!

I hope that with correction of the AttachmentType, I've fixed the issue, I'll test it straight away. :-)

Greets, Uhu