Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Today at work

I had to be very "selective" with the pics for security reasons, so that's why there's only one up.

Wow not often you see one with a drop tank.

Is that a drop tank? Was it originally intended for use with the Warthog? If undisclosed, i mean.

Cool server

Considering the ferry pod on the outboard wing pylon, I'd say this plane is taking a LOOOOOOOONG trip. :grin: Still, I've never seen a tank that big on an A-10 before, I thought they just AAR'd to get places.

Ex Aardvark ?

Hou doe,

Derk blink.gif

Ex Aardvark ?

Hou doe,

Derk blink.gif

Yep, exactly. The ferry tanks are the same as on the F-111 and normally carried on the centerline. This one appears to have two, plus a baggage pod. Maybe an overseas transfer or returnee (from or to depot) due to the lack of unit markings.

Actually, I had already seen pictures of Warthogs with those big fuel tanks. A pity I don't have them here to post (they were on a book I cannot findright now)

Confirmed, friend's squad (the 25th) is getting them.

Saw this A-10C broke at **** ******. It's on the way to ****, as the **th FS trades in it's A-10A+s for the Charlie. Cool to track it across the globe huh?

-S

The last thing I was going to reveal is where the AC is heading. That's kind of sensitive info until it's already there. Op-Sec, Com-Sec, and Info-Sec my man.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Seriously? Read AF.Mil sometime and they reveal far more info than I just did. And if you we're truly serious about keeping things quiet, you would have never posted the photo. Hope you have a photo authorization letter from PA.

I think that sometimes people get some paranoid about couterintel, it is better to be quiet at some point, more because of what you might be told from upstairs than from any real harm that you could cause.

If i ever told anybody about something like that when it was nothing of my concern, it was not because i like to lecture people, i just think that there are many simple ways to get in trouble wich you don´t look after.

Alright, settle down.

Storm, I would agree with SaE on this one. Taking pics at a stateside base isn't a big deal (otherwise, it would all be at night or expressly forbidden). However, deployment/redeployment info including routes and schedules might be more sensitive. If af.mil wants to post it openly, let them make that call.

No big deal...just folks lookin' out for each other.

FC

Dont you guys think if there was a big huge secret about all this his supervisor would have notified the workers?

Dont you guys think if there was a big huge secret about all this his supervisor would have notified the workers?

You proceed under a false assumption. That everything must be either classified or totally open and said to everyone everywhere.

That's not the way intel works. There are many things I could tell you about various operations that are not classified at all. However, that doesn't mean I should tell you, for the simple reason that although my information may not be useful by itself, my info combined with other information could be used to 'build a picture' for threat forces to use.

Could threat forces build a picture without my info? Probably, but I'm not going to help either.

FC

The aircraft was visible from the 215 FWY. So any average joe with an OK-ish camera can take a pic of the aircraft, and possibly everything else around it. We already have problems with tail watchers in the area. What they don't know, and nobody on the 215 knows is where these aircraft are going and what their mission is. I do, but don't advertise it because I want to make sure that aircraft arrives without incident. It's part of my mission as a Security Forces member to insure the safety and security of the protection level resources. My photo was very limited on what was going around it. Heck, you can find something exactly identical to it in a fighter jet calendar. However, once information is revealed on the purpose of this aircrafts mission, or at least where it's heading, advanced notice can be given to anybody who would want to see that mission fail. I took the picture because 1.) I thought it was freaken cool to see that there, 2.) I'm sure a lot of people here would think it's freaken cool that I get to guard this thing, and 3.) I know what is ok and what is not ok to do - I even mentioned when I posted the pic, there were certain restrictions to what I could take pictures of. I even passed it on by supervisor, showed him the pic afterwards on how limited it was, and he gave me the thumbs up on it. Now, what I didn't count on is that someone else might know more about this plane's mission and talk about it openly. I don't know if it's safe to talk about it or not. I'm not saying that they were wrong in doing that. But the fact that it was talked about because I posted the picture up puts me in that jam because I am now partly responsible for that being disclosed, and if something were to happen to that aircraft, I would be in some serious deep crap. I would love to continue with posting these pics up of cool aircraft that I get to guard, but if that is an issue, then I will have to stop.

Edited by serverandenforcer