COANAV-8S07.jpg

Hawker Harrier AV-8A - 3ra Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque, 1982

Edited by Spinners

Hawker Harrier AV-8A - 3ra Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque, 1982

we need the background story on this one fast Spinners!

we need the background story on this one fast Spinners!

LOL, in the 1970's I think Hawker Siddeley tried to sell the Harrier to anyone and everyone.

COANAV-8S09.jpg

Hawker Harrier Mk.59 - No.1 Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque, Comando de Aviación Naval Argentina, 1988

here's another ... SeaHarrier FRS Mk.51, INAS

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

LOL, in the 1970's I think Hawker Siddeley tried to sell the Harrier to anyone and everyone.

yea but you realize what that would entail? SHAR on SHAR action in 82! (keep your comments clean Dave)

Since there's no "FE2 Screenshot Thread" (yet), I'd thought that I'd post this here:

img00001.JPG

"What if..." the US Air Force had selected the YF-17 over the YF-16?

• Like 1

If they would have, it wouldn't quite look like that...

FC

why not? hornet essentialy evolved from the YF-17. its evolution mightve gone a little faster being land based and not having to beef up for carquals.

If you look closely at the F-18A and the YF-17 you will note several significant differences. Yes, the general overall shape was the same, but there were enough differences that to do it right, you need a whole new 3d model.

yf17-f18.jpg

FC

Just foolin round in the F-5F for SF2. She looks so good. Although, a sharksmouth added in would make it stellar

post-2035-084796800 1286776647.jpg

post-2035-090209100 1286776690.jpg

Edited by dsawan

fair nuff on cobra/hornet FC. where did you get the pic with the compairison?

fair nuff on cobra/hornet FC. where did you get the pic with the compairison?

That picture is actually a link to the website, right click on it to get the website address.

A good book for details on the YF-17 is "Northrop's YF-17 Cobra" by Don Logan.

http://www.amazon.com/Northrops-YF-17-Cobra-Pictorial-Schiffer/dp/0887409105/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_6

Has lots of info, includes comparisons between the YF-17 and F-18 showing the differences...a revealing picture is showing the aircraft parked next to each other, showing how the F-18 was simply a bigger aircraft overall., Also shows how the original YF-17 evolved from the F-5. In effect, you can see the linage of the Super Hornet...all the way from the original F-5A.

Also, the USS Alabama museum has one of the 2 original YF-17 prototypes, I have several pics of it, showing how physically smaller it was to the Hornet.

However, one thing to take away from most US prototype aircraft is that very rarely do the contours of the prototypes match the final production version. If you'll note, the YF-16, YF-17, YF-22, B-1A do not match in nose profiles...because the prototypes lack radar. In the B-1A's case, it lacked it's defensive ECM as well. A production B-1A would look closer to a B-1B in everything but the engine intakes and wing glove area.

FC

Thanks guys. In case you've missed it, that's Sundowner's 'Artic' Camo and the whole Bobrock GR.7 download just oozes quality. Wrecker-mended! :good:

RAFHARRIERGR704.jpg

BAe Harrier GR.5's - No.1 Squadron, Royal Air Force, 1991

Both the "Winter" and the "Pink Desert" are excellent Spinners good.gif

Spinners where in cymru u from m8?...I live in cardiff...born swansea

Spinners where in cymru u from m8?...I live in cardiff...born swansea

Small world (small country). Born Swansea, live in Port Talbot.

those skins are sweet! I miss the Hogs here at Pope. where are those skins from?