Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Unofficial OFF advertisement Video

Obviously I can't make an offical advertisement video for Over Flanders Fields, however I thought I might make a video that gives people a better feeling of what flying in an authentic World War One flight simulator is really like. Please check it out and if you think it does a good job of showing off just some of what Over Flanders Fields has to offer, then post comments on the youtube page to keep it active and send the link to anyone you think might enjoy it.

It can be view in up to 1080 HD format, so if you have a slow connection, just click on the video and then pause it until the red bar at the bottom fills up. You will then be able to watch it without any skips.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Quit being negative Al, its a good ad for Phase 3 and people that don't have it, need it. The development team doesnt need people waiting for Phase 4, they need new interest in Phase 3 and HiTR. Nobody that flew CFS3 ever expected to see that many planes in the sky at one time, it looks like "Hell's Angels" except in color.

Beard

Well I think you know my feelings, of what people can expect. No matter how clear you illustrate what to expect, it's still Phase 3. You're not trying to convince us, as we'll watch these until Phase 4 is released, then we'll watch the features of Phase 4.

People as a whole will allow a video to show them what is possible once, perhaps twice. But 8 videos showing only Phase 3, and 8 videos showing what's possible with Phase 4. They won't ever make it that far.

What do you have planned . . . adding . . 'New and Improved' to the title. The first clear picture people will remember, after that it's just more of the same

Dude... what's with the beef? It's a great video... we won't release anything on P4 for quite some time, so anything P3 is very relative... plus.... even if you play P3 2 hours a day for 6 months, you'd still never see half of what's in it.

OvS

Uncleal, I really don't understand why you are being so negative... some jeliousy here or something? .. very odd reaction on your part.

Hellshade, that is a really well done, in fact, that is a really excellent video/advertisement for OFF.. It deserves THREE BIG CHEERS! I'm going to post a link to it on some other fourms, Thanks! Salute.gifSalute.gifSalute.gif

Outstanding video Hellshade!

And some nice flying too

But if you really want to advertise OFF (a noble effort)

... attach one of these gems to the TrackIR website

http://www.naturalpo...-games-all.html

There's still no OFF video there

Yes, that would be good, even Red Baron has a video there, why doesn't OFF?????

Edited by rabu

Thanks for the video, especially the high resolution.

I appreciate any good video's because I can not make them myself. I put them on my MP3 player.

Better than watching them, get the free "Youtube Downloader HD" download them and keep them, waste of bandwidth just watching them, better to keep them to watch again.

Waiting for the next one.

Cheers MarkL

Outstanding video Hellshade!

And some nice flying too

But if you really want to advertise OFF (a noble effort)

... attach one of these gems to the TrackIR website

http://www.naturalpo...-games-all.html

There's still no OFF video there

Yes, we definately need an OFF BHaH video on the TrackIR site, but I will certainly allow the Devs to choose what video they wish to represent their product. They are free to use any of mine but honestly there are quite a few good videos other people have made in the past as well. They should put something there though to be sure. Great idea!

Hellshade

When everyone is so tight lipped about the release date, we now can be reasonably sure it won't be out within the next month

Jimminy Wiskers . . landing information around here . . is like pulling teeth good.gif

I was pretty sure it was a long ways off...going by the NEWS update posted by the Devs on the main page:

Still working away on Phase 4, release is a long way off so no need to ask "when" as we don't know yet. Some cracking 'wallpaper' screenshots are being taken as we go.

We have improved areas that people said could not be improved on :)Also the OFF Manager has a lot of new features and looks great.

Currently details are "under wraps."

Hellshade

great vid!!!!.....and good shooting too....thanks!!

Very neat video Hellshade, love the massive furball. Can never have enough air time displaying the quality of this sim to others. Just one note, if you aren't already aware of it, you may be able to minimize or eliminate those white jaggies by setting program priority on "HIGH" for both OFF and TrackIR. It can make a very large difference.

Cheers!

Lou

I was pretty sure it was a long ways off...going by the NEWS update posted by the Devs on the main page:

Still working away on Phase 4, release is a long way off so no need to ask "when" as we don't know yet. Some cracking 'wallpaper' screenshots are being taken as we go.

We have improved areas that people said could not be improved on :)Also the OFF Manager has a lot of new features and looks great.

Currently details are "under wraps."

Hellshade

rofl.gif P4 in 2 weeks ?rofl.gif

Love the video. Once again, congratulations

The new video sticky is LIVE!!! Thanks to the Devs and forum moderators for once again listening to the community and responding to our requests. You guys rock. Okay guys, "Post em if you got em!"

Hellshade

Thats a great video! Now I have to say though, I've never seen anything like that in my experience. The most enemy aircraft i've seen (bombers aside) at once was maybe 8. I have all the workshop settings correct for seeing large fights. Is it maybe because I fly in early 1917? Again, awesome video! I really need to get track IR.

Also, the expolsions / wings breaking off of the aircraft, is that all the default DM? I never seem to see those but I would really like to.

Edited by Ryan H

When everyone is so tight lipped about the release date, we now can be reasonably sure it won't be out within the next month

Jimminy Wiskers . . landing information around here . . is like pulling teeth good.gif

You should know better by now... :drinks:

Yes, we definately need an OFF BHaH video on the TrackIR site, but I will certainly allow the Devs to choose what video they wish to represent their product. They are free to use any of mine but honestly there are quite a few good videos other people have made in the past as well. They should put something there though to be sure. Great idea!

Hellshade

IMO this vid would be excellent for the natural point site

It really displays TIR's abilities and shows OFF's best features as well

nat pnt may object to the OFF avertising text , but even without, it still works well

Devs, your blessings?

Thats a great video! Now I have to say though, I've never seen anything like that in my experience. The most enemy aircraft i've seen (bombers aside) at once was maybe 8. I have all the workshop settings correct for seeing large fights. Is it maybe because I fly in early 1917? Again, awesome video! I really need to get track IR.

Hi Ryan,

The war in the air got even busier as time went on. The 'Last 100 Days' saw the fiercest fighting, and the most casualties, of the entire war.

Cheers,

shredward

Hi Ryan,

The war in the air got even busier as time went on. The 'Last 100 Days' saw the fiercest fighting, and the most casualties, of the entire war.

Cheers,

shredward

Thank you sir! Had a feeling that was the case. good.gif

Shred: Just saw that your location is Lake Louise, I live down in Washington state and went up to Lake Louise to vacation a few years back. You live in a beautiful area!

Edited by Ryan H

Obviously I can't make an offical advertisement video for Over Flanders Fields, however I thought I might make a video that gives people a better feeling of what flying in an authentic World War One flight simulator is really like. Please check it out and if you think it does a good job of showing off just some of what Over Flanders Fields has to offer, then post comments on the youtube page to keep it active and send the link to anyone you think might enjoy it.

It can be view in up to 1080 HD format, so if you have a slow connection, just click on the video and then pause it until the red bar at the bottom fills up. You will then be able to watch it without any skips.

Hellshade

Wow!!

Awesome representation of what this sim can bring to the table in terms of sheer white-knuckle, furballing goodness! Not sure what you used for rendering or how you went about it, but the clarity of this clip is nothing short of outstanding!

Thoroughly enjoyed watching. Well done mate!! Keep up the good work!!

(UncleAl......odd, but nowhere in the OP does Hellshade mention anything at all about "Phases" or even release dates for that matter, so I'm not sure where your little diatribe came from or why. One thing I do know. Your response is completely OFF topic, seems pretty self-indulgent, and for some inexplicable reason, sounds entirely bitter. What's to be bitter about? Not happy with the current state of the sim?? Don't like guys posting excellent videos of their experiences with OFF in it's current form, or should he have entitled the clip "Thought I'd post this to see if I could end up with a thread that resembles something closer to the Storm of War release date discussions on the UBIZOO forums??")

Geez...

Parky

Edited by Parky

Well guys the Devs were kind enough to grant us our own Videos sticky and we already have a few posted, including a nice Zepplin attack by Lou in his signature Sopwith Camel and a couple of new ones from me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what folks have out there.

Hellshade

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

Thanks for the great vid HS.

Great script too!

Cheers,

British_eh