Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Phase 4 Screenshot comments

Everything looks great to me, the new terrain especially so.

Looking very much forward to P4!

Thank you to all involved for the effort.

Cheers,

Greg S

I am drooling with anticipation--and making plans to update my 256 MB Nvidia 8600 GT graphics card!

I have to admit I have had another good look today using one of the ahem Special PC's we have in the office... its okay no-one saw me so its safe... only problem was I had to go to the basement to bring my Jaw back up from the 8th Floor and the lift had stopped working. Damn they are impressive screenies especially seeing what the base is I am totally amazed at what some people can do with 10 year old software... now if anyone wants me I am going to lie down in a darkened room to recover now where's my brandy...

To all who are working on this my thanks for showing us what is next... now can I pre-order it??? Please pretty please with Strawberries and Cherries...

Did anyone else notice that river at the very top edge of photo number 4? It appears to not only wind it's way through the fields, but also has trees along it's banks and looks as if it actually changes width as it goes along. Could it be, or my steely blues deceiving me?

Comment, question and observation.

Ready for more new screen shots please.

In slide # 11 is the Alb chasing a DH5 or a Dolphin? Wishful tricks my eyes play on me.

Winder, you are the best landscape man in the business!

Crossbones

Did anyone else notice that river at the very top edge of photo number 4? It appears to not only wind it's way through the fields,

but also has trees along it's banks and looks as if it actually changes width as it goes along. Could it be, or my steely blues deceiving me?

RAF_Hawkeye, you could be right, my old eyes see the same!

Many thanks OBD. She looks great! Everything impresses, more than I expected. So we have Gotha's. I am enchanted by them for some reason. I look forward to seeing the skins for the big birds. I can't relate what it means to me to have these pics to verify my hopes for a future of even greater Over Flander's Fields goodness. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'll be watching for more. Best wishes toward your ongoing work and for you all personally.

Guest British_eh

Hmm,

Very nace....................

Looks like a tremendous amount of work done, and I know, still to be done.

Cheers,

British_eh

HELLOOOOO Thomas Cambrensis! Welcome to the OFF forums and community. New guys buy the drinks!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Yes, welcome to OFF-Forum, Thomas! Are you flying OFF already?

In that case: could you send me a PM with your town & country?

I will add you to our OFF Forum Pilots Map then.

The shots look very immersive and I’m so glad that the dedicated OFF team keeps developing this great sim.

I have one comment: the contrast between the colours of the grass surface (the various shades of green) seems a bit too big to me. Usually a grass field has more or less one colour I think.

That brings me to a question: can grass be modelled? That is a feature I like very much in Rise of Flight. Perhaps this cannot be dine in a CFS3-based sim, but who knows?

Will the Zeppelin that can be used in Phase 3 still work in Phase 4?

WM will likely comment but don't forget we have 5 distinct scenery regions including England. All different.

We believe they are pretty realistic fields with excellent contrast and colouring. Don't forget some of these are 100s and 1000s of feet high so many grass fields with different grass and farmers crops /fields in are in view.

WM had grass strands on some fields in an early Phase even maybe it will make a return who knows. I think realistic grass is hard to do, most attempts in games usually look well fake but we shall see.

The old Zep is an "unsupported" model from an old phase so short answer: no idea.

Croeso Thomas... hope the 'Cambrensis' does mean we have another Welshman on these fora!

Pol, thanks for the input, good to have your clarification.

Personally I think the landscape looks great, promises to be so much more immersive when roads, railways and rivers seem to have a direction, use or purpose. It may not be 100% real-life accurate but I think a certain artistic licence is allowed in order to create the patchwork effect we kind of expect to see.... Besides, we're not yet seeing what seasonal magic Winder may have worked.

Outrageous!!!......and does the liquid move up and down with the fuel level in the glass tube on the right in pic #7? I'm assuming that's fuel....maybe not?

Gaw yes the new Camel cockpit has the liquid moving.

No worries StickShaker. WM has improved the scenery more since those shots too. We'll post a more screenies soon.

I know you devs are like wizards with all the magic you have used to change the mediocre CFS3 into wonderful OFF, but still you keep surprising me! Those screenshots look really nice!

I enjoy these screenshots like any OFFer, but maybe we could hear something about all the new features too? Like campaign improvements, two-seater careers etc. etc.? :grin:

Thanks Hasse Wind, indeed when we are ready we will mention more features. Some are still being made of course :)

Perhaps you "Wizards of OFF" could show a bit here and there during your progresses? Hint, hint??

Like those beautifully made wax Sushis in Japanese restaurants' windows.

You know you can't eat them, but they fire up your appetite extremely well (Pavlov's dog).

Well, now you may answer, that wasn't necessary in my case - which is right; it couldn't grow further.

But to attract more newbies? :grin:

I'm like Olham on this. I don't need and I don't want to nag. But I wonder which of the Gotha versions will be made and other things like will there be a Pfalz A1 version of the Parasol? Curiousity... and excitement. Not a bad combination.

The Pfalz Eindecker I read in K. F. Kurt Jentsch's book wasn't as good as the Fokker Eindecker - so maybe they will do

more attractive planes first? But you never know with devels...