Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Phase 4 Screenshot comments

Pfalz had a license to build the Morane Salnier "L". They were used in small numbers, primarily by Bavarian units because the Pfalz company was located in Bavaria. I was just thinking if we have the Parasol why not make use of her for both sides?

Ah, didn't know that, Rickitycrate. And that sounds reasonable, and rather easy to do, compared to building whole new planes.

Ah, didn't know that, Rickitycrate. And that sounds reasonable, and rather easy to do, compared to building whole new planes.

Actually you did, but didn't remember it. I told you about Pfalz and those licences earlier this year. :grin:

Actually you did, but didn't remember it. I told you about Pfalz and those licences earlier this year. :grin:

That's the problem with my brain - it's either overloaded, or it's rotting away. :prankster:

True and all comes to those that wait :grin:

True and all comes to those that wait :grin:

Well then, consider me one happy waiter. :drinks:

Well then, consider me one happy waiter. :drinks:

Waiter, please bring us some of that beer while we wait for those exciting OFF news! :drinks:

Did we lure a member of the team to let out some top secret hint? :drinks:

"Did we lure a member of the team to let out some top secret hint?"

Er, no, probably not.

Hi Guys, see the * * * PHASE 4 WORK IN PROGRESS SCREEN SHOTS! * * * thread above for some new PHASE 4 PICS

We hope to add more and update the website with more soon but for now please have a look in the sticky thread.

Enjoy.

Hey, the cows are cute! (UncleAl, didn't you order more folk on the ground? Here they are!)

The landscape in that second shot looks very natural and realistic - absolutely great!

(The airfield appears a bit pale in the third shot?)

But now, see those tree lines along roads and fields! This is very common in the area,

especially along roads - well done!

And then that water in shot 6 - boys, you are doing a fine job!!!

Hi Guys, see the * * * PHASE 4 WORK IN PROGRESS SCREEN SHOTS! * * * thread above for some new PHASE 4 PICS

We hope to add more and update the website with more soon but for now please have a look in the sticky thread.

Enjoy.

wow. look at the airfield. you have to know where your airfield is and you have to look carefully. no more patchy look where you can see airfields for miles. look at the cows and the new soldiers. look at the river. the landscape. really impressing. :yikes:

Hey, the cows are cute! (UncleAl, didn't you order more folk on the ground? Here they are!)

(The airfield appears a bit pale in the third shot?)

it doesn't look pale, it just fits to the surrounding area like it should. airfields were build on a fitting, level ground where it was needed. the groundcrew didn't bring a green carpet with them to place it on the ground. :drinks: .

so naturally the airfield ground has the same color as the place they built it on. in other words, if they built it on a meadow, the airfield will have the color of a meadow. :good:

Just a reminder - EVERYTHING is WIP and subject to change and improvement - we are nowhere near an optimised alpha build at this stage...

HTH

WM

I agree with Creaghorn of the colour of the airfields. They are perfect for me.

To the OFF TEAM - WOW. Those screenshots of the landscape and river is fokker fantastic.

Pls make it possible to kill the cows on the crumpet side during the DID campaigns. No feed = hungry pilots = dead crumpet pilots.........

Cheers

Morris

Creaghorn: ...the groundcrew didn't bring a green carpet with them to place it on the ground.

That was brilliant humour, Creaghorn - almost British! I spilled my coffee, laughing!

I surrender to this argument - I think, you and Morris are right there; cancel my remark, Winder.

One question about airfields: could perhaps airfields, which are known from aerial photographs,

be built like that more or less? That would be phantastic!

Stunning work OBD! The cows are a wonderful touch, the scenery is better than ever (and it is already damn good in Phase 3) and the over all attention to detail on the ground for a WWI flight sim is unprecedented!

Hellshade

I bet, as soon as he has P4 installed, UncleAl will attach LePrieur rockets to the Ford Model T and drive off for hunting cows.

Impressive. It's great that you have worked your magic on rivers - they are probably the weakest point in the geography of P3.

I have been watching the pics Of the Phase 4, and will like to ask a couple of things.

1- Is possible to let the player accelerate the game ven If there are enemy planes around? That will be really useful

2- Will be needed the OFF Hat in the Ring expansion?

3- I supose it will be a new payware adoon right?

Must remember patience... and to keep stocks of keyboards up as I keep drooling on them either that or its Lunch...

I said it before and I will say it again... those pictures look amazing and can I pre-order ??? Seriously guys how have you turned the battered damaged CFS3 into this thing of beauty and art ???

I have been watching the pics Of the Phase 4, and will like to ask a couple of things.

1- Is possible to let the player accelerate the game ven If there are enemy planes around? That will be really useful

2- Will be needed the OFF Hat in the Ring expansion?

3- I supose it will be a new payware adoon right?

I'm not sure about accelerating the game while enemy aircraft are within the 4 mile range. I personally wish it could be reduced to at least a 2 mile range before warping is turned off, but that is up to the Devs. Certain things are hard coded into cfs3, however they have suprised us before with changes to things like the wind factor in the clouds.

Phase 4 will not be an expansion to Phase 3. It will require a fresh install due to all of the major changes the Devs are putting into it. Just like any new version of a game (Call of Duty: Black Ops, for example) there will be a purchase price, though it has not been announced as of yet. They are still early in the Aplha build, so it's a long ways off and you can plan to have a considerable amount of time continuing to enjoy Phase 3 and the expansion before Phase 4 is released.

Hellshade

Some very nice improvements! Looks good. In the shot of the river (nice reflection) the horizon seems to be strange, though: there is a straight line in the sky instead of where the sky touches the horizon. From what I've seen of the aircraft, nice detail has been added. Gorgeous cockpits! But I guess there's no hope for self-shadowing in this CFS3 based sim?

Hellshade: I personally wish it could be reduced to at least a 2 mile range before warping is turned off, but that is up to the Devs.

Did you try setting the TAC to a 2 mile range? I am not sure, but perhaps it does influence, when warp is turned off?

Hellshade: I personally wish it could be reduced to at least a 2 mile range before warping is turned off, but that is up to the Devs.

Did you try setting the TAC to a 2 mile range? I am not sure, but perhaps it does influence, when warp is turned off?

My experience is that the warp range is fixed at 4 miles. If enemies are closer than that, there's nothing you can do to warp. Sometimes it's annoying, for example when the enemy planes clearly are not looking for a fight.