Well, I guess you all know the plane I'm talking about, so I'll just show the wip so far. Still a few things to polish in the ini, but it's almost ready to be textured

post-15328-032073000 1288253436.jpg

post-15328-033157000 1288253447.jpg

post-15328-017784200 1288253466.jpg

Very nice looking... looks like a Vb without the cannon barrels.

One thing you can always say about the Spitfire apart from the desert version with Volkes filter... she always looks pretty...

Great! :clapping: Any chance for more versions?

Edited by Kulbit80

I'm planning to do at least 3/4 variants, maybe one with the griffon, but well, who knows?

:ninja:

omg...now THIS is a nice little surprise!!!

SF2 compatabile as well, I hopes!!!

ps: is that the wheels or flaps down indicator I spy on the wing??? NOW that's detail!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Beppe,after that will you send justice to the zwei sechs zwei?

omg...now THIS is a nice little surprise!!!

SF2 compatabile as well, I hopes!!!

ps: is that the wheels or flaps down indicator I spy on the wing??? NOW that's detail!!

wrench

kevin stein

That is the flaps indicator... too far out for the undercarriage...

Yes there's an undercarriage indicator just in front of the wheel bulges, from my sources it was discontinued from 1944 on Mk Vs and above. And above the flaps the push rod opens that little panel.

@kevin: SF2? I haven't decided yet, I'm testing it in my WOE Frankenstein install, right now. Probably yes

@XRAY: I really don't know, this project will take some time to complete. After that... all is possible ;)

...I"m just thinking of a new home for all those decals we've done for the other Spits... uuuummmmmm!

wrench

kevin stein

Damn Beppe.... :blink:

Your work is getting better and better! :good:

Looking fantastic!

Fantastic... :good: We've got a MK IX flying over here as part of the Dutch Historic Flight and it's a beauty , with a great and well documented history too and usually flown by a retired general at airshows. My brother supplied an oil pressure meter for it.

Looking forward to this one !!

Hou doe,

Derk

An update with the project so far: MkI model is almost finished, but I have to rework a few things I don't quite like; the template is slowly coming along, I "only" have to add a gazillion rivets and the weathering.

post-15328-082115900 1289812337.jpg post-15328-081817200 1289812354.jpg post-15328-065566800 1289812374.jpg

A beautiful model. Will it be released in both an A and a B scheme? Or are you doing specific skins? If you are, could you release the template so we could make some blank, no marking skins? The reason I ask is I have an old decal scheme that I use for squadron codes, individual aircraft numbers and serial numbers on the old Spit 1 from the A Team, and I'd like to transfer that to your model. If you feel you can't, I understand. It is a fantastic model. Thank you for bringing it to the community.

Looking good bobrock! Good luck with this project.

Yes Heck, both A and B schemes will be included within the template.

Since there are already a lot of decals ready, I'm probably going to release it only with a single squadron skinset

It is gorgeous. A beautiful model of one of the most beautiful aircraft of all time. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into it. Waiting patiently for release.

So, the template for MkI and II is done. Now I'm on the FM, then the first batch can be shipped to the beta testers for their... well, testing lol

I think I'm going to use TW Mk IX FM as a base to implement the data.ini, let me know if you have any other ideas

post-15328-042607400 1290503301.jpgpost-15328-031190100 1290503306.jpgpost-15328-008523200 1290503310.jpgpost-15328-017811500 1290503314.jpg

well, i think also a Seafire could be worth the effort. Let's give bobrock his 2 weeks, then we'll see...

Two weeks, be sure™

The Merlins line-up is growing, and a couple of Griffons are already planned. The project has been pushed behind by some other stuff going on, but it's alive and I hope to put a beta in the hands of some tester any time soon.