Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Cowboys & Aliens

Is it me, or you too can see the strings pulling the people off their horses?

hey its got harrison ford and james freakin bond :lol: seriously tho looks interesting more so than some of the other flicks reviewed on here

@serverandenforcer i notice a theme on the movies you present

Cool.

hey its got harrison ford and james freakin bond :lol: seriously tho looks interesting more so than some of the other flicks reviewed on here

@serverandenforcer i notice a theme on the movies you present

It's really not that hard to do when every other movie that comes out is about freaken aliens. I'm sure by next week I can post up another one.

And it's Han Solo and James Bond :lol:

Skyline 1890. :rofl:

It does look very Cool!

That's not the strangest trailer I have seen though. Seen a trailer for... get ready now.... a western that has.... NINJAS! I'm not lying.

Falcon

That's not the strangest trailer I have seen though. Seen a trailer for... get ready now.... a western that has.... NINJAS! I'm not lying.

Falcon

Ok, was it called "The Good, The Bad, and The Stealthy", or "A Fistful of Ninja Stars"?

Falcon, I've seen a film where Sherlock Holmes fought dinosaurs in London, had encounters with a clockwork assassin and then battled a mecha dragon piloted by the Iron Man, using only machine guns on his balloon. I'm spoiled and now C&A seems only mildly amusing.

Falcon

And you think that's a new & original concept? How about a 39-year old western, starring one of the staples of the genre (Charles Bronson)...teaned up with a Samurai? http://www.fandango.com/redsun_v40749/summary

And you think that's a new & original concept? How about a 39-year old western, starring one of the staples of the genre (Charles Bronson)...teaned up with a Samurai? http://www.fandango.com/redsun_v40749/summary

OK Found the trailer, the plot imho is better than "cowboys & aliens" from the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Qi9QaL0Lg

Falcon

C&A didn't come from Hollywood, though, it's a comic book. From what I understand, the trailer has played up the action/SF elements and downplayed the overall plot by a major amount.

Falcon, I've seen a film where Sherlock Holmes fought dinosaurs in London, had encounters with a clockwork assassin and then battled a mecha dragon piloted by the Iron Man, using only machine guns on his balloon. I'm spoiled and now C&A seems only mildly amusing

I saw a film where Sherlock Holmes was Iron Man. Came out last year I think. :grin:

I think the people are physically pulled up into the ships with some sort of wires they send down as opposed to using a tractor beam or transporter or whatever. Sort of like the tentacles in War of the Worlds but thinner cable-sized.

Oh, and the director of C&A is the same guy who did Iron Man 1 and 2.

Edited by JediMaster