Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Since the Exp Pack 2

just saw something wierd... look under the wing, just aft of the prop disc. Odd to see the aircraft's shadow disappear,eh? I think the disc is wa too dark and solid looking.

This is the STOCK disc from the 08 level Objectcat (stock 0-1E, too). Does the same with propdisc2.tga from ObjectData001, too.

So, methinks its somekind of a combination of shaders and tgas and something we haven't thought of yet.

wrench

kevin stein

Well, I actually meant my third party O-1 LOL. I just wanted to see if it suffered from this issue. Also, your O-1 shows off a feature that I may want to keep or at least control- the TGA is casting a shadow. That never happened in a Thirdwire game.

As a side note, does anyone else notice that the TGA/mesh combo is casting a shadow on the "unfixed" props? I wonder if this change was made so that the canopy would cast a shadow. I would like to know more about the changes that were made and if they are something that will be "fixed" or left alone. I'd hate to rework my mods to take advantage of this only to find out that TK reverts back.

Like Dels, I don't plan on installing Exp2 right away. I wonder if the O-1 prop is broken????

Im checking it now Diego..

sorry no screenies realized afterwards i havent readjusted my screenshot button after installing EXP2. however of the props i currently have installed IL-10 and Pe-2 go square, Tempest II and V, Typhoon VB and A-26C all seem to act ok and Yak-9U just slowed down to where you can see the 3 props in the spinning disc. odd thing is the square prop doesn't come out except in high FPS situations tho once out it stays thru the flight. only got the Pe-2 to do it with extreme acrobatics right over the hardstand. weird

img00202.JPG

Damn it. I was hoping it wasn't affected.

There seems to be two problems that I see with some of these props - funky shadow and odd TGA/mesh combo. The funky shadow looks like a double sided mesh. The TGA issue is more complex. I only use single sided meshes so I don't see the funky shadow but I do see the TGA issue....my prop mesh is domed on both sides and I do see some sort of shadow. I see some towards the top but way more at the bottom. That shadow appears to not be cast on the ground and somehow contained to only cast on itself.

That shadow appears to not be cast on the ground and somehow contained to only cast on itself.

I wonder if that explains WHY they're so damn dark!????

wrench

kevin stein

I sent TK a link to this thread. Hopefully he will have some thoughts.

I haven't installed the expansion pack yet, does this issue come up on my C-130's, C-123's and PC-9/T-6?

I only ask because with refernce to what CP wrote on the Thirdwire board, I always use a transparency of 10% in 3dsmax when I make my models.

Dels

Yours at affected too Mike.

img00203.JPG

interesting note marcfighters Mi-8, the SA-341 Gazelle from SF2 and Mi-24 i kitbashed from d/l here at CA all work good, only the Mi-8 seems to have slowed in the rotor a bit and looks really dark when looking at the ground thru the disc.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Yours at affected too Mike.

Thanks Dave, I guess that discounts the possibility of it being transparency related in the Max file.

What's interesting is that the issues produced are many and varied. This could point to something external (possibly engine or shader related).

Dels

I sent TK a link to this thread. Hopefully he will have some thoughts.

any word back from the big man Dave?

any word back from the big man Dave?

Not that I have saw.

Not that I have saw.

So I'll have a new exporter with the feature enabled, and disable the feature when reading older version of the LOD. This means we'll be re-exporting all our models for the next patch, so all the old model would be as they were before, and when we release the exporter, modders will have to re-export the model only if they want to use the new feature (but this new .LOD exported by the new exporter would only work in Dec2010-C or later version of the game).

TK

all this mess will get it's cure i guess

Another damn patch..... :dntknw:

at least he work on the issue and listen each other. :rofl:

at least he work on the issue and listen each other. :rofl:

very true. :clapping:

I cant see this problem on Let L-410A. Can anybody confirm that?

Thanx Monty CZ

OK, tested it today.

For me all Props work well!!!

Don´t know what it caused.

I run XP, and installed the whole Game new (downloadet all titles i got new from TW site)

:blink: .

I run XP

Dx9 vs Dx10 maybe...

i realized i have been using a different flightengine ini, on i got of a thread on FPS boosting and this has been cutting down on the square effect. i say cutting down because during high FPS moments (like in the middle of an airfield attack) the prop will go square for a bit but settles back with a view change or a lessening of the action. settings are fairly high with mirrors and reflections off and shadows back and forth between high and medium but never to low. i set water texture to medium usually also.

as i said d/l'd it from a thread here at CA, i believe from Dave tho not certain about that, and i dont have as many prop issuesis i have been hearing about. i got the file several months ago looking thru for ways to boost FPS on my lil Compaq Presario C700.

Nice that at least this bug will be fixed.

Anyway, did anyone noticed that now the AI aircraft just disappear at waypoint 8 instead of landing? In both campaigns and single mission.

Or how the engine sound is played at less than half the normal speed.

Noticed at first sight after passing from SFP1 oct.08 to SF2 with full titles and expansions.

Alex

Edited by Spillone104

If you have XP then you wont have this problem. You're not running DX10 thus why it doesnt show.