getting there

Edited by Veltro2k

GREAT!! B-17s rule! (for bombers that is!)

just think of allllll those decals that are gonna be needed ....code letters, serials, air divivion tags, nose arts (!!!).

wrench

kevin stein

GREAT!! B-17s rule! (for bombers that is!)

just think of allllll those decals that are gonna be needed ....code letters, serials, air divivion tags, nose arts (!!!).

wrench

kevin stein

Are you volunteering Kevin :grin:

When I first read the title a while back I was like ho hum another B-17 but as this project progressed I am starting to really fall in love with it.Thanks for another great aircraft Veltro.I'm really looking forward to her.

must

find

classic

revell

boxart

for

screen....

(you all know which one I'm talking about...)

wrench

kevin stein

Need nose-art? Make your own!

This is a site where you can find dozens of 1940's pin-up girls, some by Alberto Vargas but there are a number of other named artists. Be creative.

http://www.btinternet.com/~brmerc/Pinup1.html

And in about 3 minutes......

Lloyd

post-2351-006930200 1296246630.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

(you all know which one I'm talking about...)

This one?

boxart.jpg

No, you meant this one didn't you?

Revell20H201-20020B-17AMB.jpg

Edited by allenjb42

the 2nd one .... that was the first one I got, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 60s. I have a fairly hi-rez scan of it on one or all my externals and someplace on CD ... just have to find it!! (to say nothing of lots of avart paintings too! Trudigan, Taylor, etc)

I built that model so many times, I didn't need to look at the directions!!!! (and, converted it to a D, for the "Mary Ann" from the movie 'Air Force' -- one of my all time favs!!)

looks like we'll also be needing the Osprey 8th AF B-17 units book too! (the P-61 book is where I got all the nose arts from that I made the decals with)

remember too, on the Belle, the swimsuit was red on the right, and blue on left!

wrench

kevin stein

Hey Veltro2k, do you want more? Just let me know. ;)

thank you for all your help Minefield :good::clapping:

no Wrench. you need to take a screen shot from this (imho) for hangar and loading

last great aviation flick to use real planes in the filming. also cited as reason why not to use real planes when the main cast was onboard for one of the Forts crashing in England during filming.

looking forward to this classic bird Veltro. you know you gotta include the Belle as a skin!:good:

no Wrench. you need to take a screen shot from this (imho) for hangar and loading

last great aviation flick to use real planes in the filming. also cited as reason why not to use real planes when the main cast was onboard for one of the Forts crashing in England during filming.

looking forward to this classic bird Veltro. you know you gotta include the Belle as a skin!:good:

I want to . In fact after modeling is done..Im hope someone steps up to the plate for propper mapping and skinning

I made the "Memphis Belle" decals but I can't upload them. I don't know why. The same with the "Meat Hound" nose art. I'm attaching their thumbnails.

p5k_178_u90yq.jpg uj3k_802_u90yq.jpg

These are the files I'm talking about.

B-17F-55-BO 42-29524 ''MEATHOUND'' of the 358th BS, flown by Lt Jack W. Watson, 11th January 1944 t81s_2e3_u90yq.png

and for "Memphis Belle"

vemo_c20_u90yq.jpg

vemo_cd8_u90yq.jpg