TerceraEscuadrilla:

Excuseme Jonathan but no KC-130 Argentinean tanker was downed in the Falklands conflict. If so you think you could put any evidence?

I think he was referring to a campaign that he's playing in the game, not the actual conflict as it happened.

That said, any temporary disappearance of Argentine aircraft in the campaign after the tankers were destroyed would have been pure coincidence. There's nothing in the campaign or game to tie mission generation to the existence of the tankers.

Eric Howes

Were you planning to upload your work to the "fixes" thread I started?

Testing it now.

If everything will be OK, i'll upload it tomorrow. Salute.gif

Landing the Harrier I will only say this practice practice practice... then practice some more...

gives an idea

Lovely vid. I actually managed a few 'traps' earlier buy taking a quite step decent, bleeding off the speed using the thrust vectoring. Haven't quite got the hang of the near vertical landing as in the vid, more of a very slow conventional approach. Not pretty but it works for now. I also have the wonderful War for Isreal mod, I can happily land those superbugs on the carrier using the 'Hard' flight mode, but I still find this more challenging at the moment.

It's a nice set of skins, no doubt. The problem is that using them would completely change the installation requirements for the mod. Players would need an install of SF2I. Whether SF2I alone would work with the mod, I don't know. We'd have to go through the TYPES.INI and TARGETS.INI to check that every terrain structure being used was also in SF2I. If there were any missing structures, then the installation requirements would become SF2 or SF2V plus SF2I.

On that point, I just wanted to mention I have the Falklands mod working on a merged instal of SF2I/SF2E/EXP1/EXP 2. I dont have SF2 or SF2V. I just followed the install instructions and it works perfectly.

Edited by 2ltJoch

2ltJoch:

On that point, I just wanted to mention I have the Falklands mod working on a merged instal of SF2I/SF2E/EXP1/EXP 2. I dont have SF2 or SF2V. I just followed the install instructions and it works perfectly.

Interesting information. And you've gone through the TYPES.INI & TARGETS.INI to ensure that there are no mising terrain objects?

I'm still inclined to deliver the Nesher-based Dagger as an optional install, as there are plenty of folks who won't have SF2I.

Thanks

Eric Howes

2ltJoch:

Interesting information. And you've gone through the TYPES.INI & TARGETS.INI to ensure that there are no mising terrain objects?

I would not know what to look for, but I have played a variety of single/campaign misions from both sides and did not notice anything unusual. I also edited some single missions using the exp 2 mission editor.

img00011j.jpg

Edited by 2ltJoch

TerceraEscuadrilla:

I think he was referring to a campaign that he's playing in the game, not the actual conflict as it happened.

That said, any temporary disappearance of Argentine aircraft in the campaign after the tankers were destroyed would have been pure coincidence. There's nothing in the campaign or game to tie mission generation to the existence of the tankers.

Eric Howes

Thats wierd. Because during the mission where I played it, there was a ton of fighters and I barely escaped alive, only downing the tanker on my way back to the Carrier - whereupon I get the rest of the campaign with Strike Missions without air opposition aside from stray Falklands Based Aircraft :D

One hell of a coincidendence then and a very cool one.

Eburger68,

I crosschecked multiple entries in the Malvinas TYPE and TARGET INI against available targets in the mission editor. Nothing appears to be missing. It looks like the mod works even without SF2. In my case, I used the SF2E exe to clone the exe for the Falklands mod.

TerceraEscuadrilla:

It is possible to replace the Dagger of Mod by Nesher Israel's Strike Fighters 2 with torno camos? are very historical camos like the Nesher, would be a step forward in quality and history.

Which of torno's skins are you referring to?

DAGGER over the Malvinas-Falklands 1982

http://combatace.com...falklands-1982/

3 Historical Dagger Skins

http://combatace.com...-dagger-part-1/

http://combatace.com...-dagger-part-2/

http://combatace.com...-dagger-part-3/

Also, both sets appear to be for WOI. Are you sure they map correctly to the SF2I version of the Nesher?

Edit: I just checked both sets of skins against the SF2I Nesher skins. There are indeed mapping differences, which means that whichever set of skins you had in mind would need to be reworked somewhat before we could use it for the SF2I Nesher.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

TerceraEscuadrilla:

Which of torno's skins are you referring to?

DAGGER over the Malvinas-Falklands 1982

3 Historical Dagger Skins

Also, both sets appear to be for WOI. Are you sure they map correctly to the SF2I version of the Nesher?

Edit: I just checked both sets of skins against the SF2I Nesher skins. There are indeed mapping differences, which means that whichever set of skins you had in mind would need to be reworked somewhat before we could use it for the SF2I Nesher.

Eric Howes

Hi Eric.

The first link is an improved flight model more in keeping with the historical Dagger, also adds antennas were added to Nesher when he became Dagger. I don't know if torno will want to adapt the work around for the Series 2.

I was referring to these historical skins:

Anyway I test in the Nesher of Stirke Fighters Israel 2 and work well. These are the images.

First, images of WOI.

5339928333_1741738fd1_b.jpg

5340538364_f51087229a_b.jpg

And second, images from Strike Fighters Israel 2.

5346799050_928383082b_b.jpg

5346799360_973bc0c3fb_b.jpg

5346189873_6cffaf6325_b.jpg

5346190143_848c3c6698_b.jpg

As you can see, it works perfectly.

Once again, thank you for your work and effort, sincerely.

Regards

Adrian

PD: Now I'm working on the Argentina aircraft loadouts.ini to carry (by default) the weapons that they carried in '82.

Edited by TerceraEscuadrilla

Great addition, indeed! :good:

IMO the WOI Nesher/Dagger should be addapted for SF2 nonetheless...

Other Argentinian planes need SF2 standard skins as well...

Keep it up TerceraEscuadrilla! :clapping:

What edit did you do to make your formation to start on the runway in that line-up? I use the "quicker takeoff" mod which edits the distance between aircraft, but this is something different. Or at least the coordinates you've used.

-S

What edit did you do to make your formation to start on the runway in that line-up? I use the "quicker takeoff" mod which edits the distance between aircraft, but this is something different. Or at least the coordinates you've used.

-S

Thanks elephant, the skins of Dagger belong to torno and they are really impressive.

Hi Storm.

The images are of a online flight we did with the forum Spanish members Torno and Suicidal around last Sunday.

5340536200_dd8881fe67_b.jpg

5339925251_8d7a45722d_b.jpg

Regards

Adrian

Edited by TerceraEscuadrilla

The images are of a online flight we did with the forum Spanish members Torno and Suicidal around last Sunday.

Ahh, gotcha. Thought you were onto a new edit.

Nice!

Adrian:

You wrote:

As you can see, it works perfectly.

Well, not quite. There are minor mapping differences. You can see them if you put the files from torno' skins side by side with the Nesher files from SF2I. The differences are minor, but they are there. Some experienced skinner could probably take care of those easily.

But the mapping is not the biggest problem. The real problem is that the set consists of individual skins for aircraft with all the various serial numbers painted on the yexture files themelves instead of being done as decals. They look great, but that means using them in a campaign is a problem. Since a squadron can point to only one texture set, all the aircraft in the squadron would have the same serial number -- not exactly desirable if you were looking to improve the historical accuracy of the mod.

Now, if someone were to do generic versions of these skins (preferably one with the blue fields, one with the yellow fields, and one with no colored fields) along with a decal set that could be used with them, then we'd be in business. As things stand, though, using these skins for a campaign is problematic.

Any chance someone could do the three generic skins with decals?

PD: Now I'm working on the Argentina aircraft loadouts.ini to carry (by default) the weapons that they carried in '82.

Great. When you have them finished please post them in the "fixes & updates" thread. Whatever model we use, the historically accurate loadouts will be a plus.

Eric Howes

Well, not quite. There are minor mapping differences.

I'm not agree. For the begginer I think eye that it's not a problem. Anyway I don't see it. Honestly I think it's a minor detail. But you are compiling the mod and my opinion has no weight.

if you were looking to improve the historical accuracy of the mod.

If we start to split hairs, there are many more historical inaccuracies. Names of ships, locations, a small map, etc.This would be one more.

Well that's what I think. The skins I look perfect and the only thing I did was suggested, the use or not, or the criticisms relate to you. Nothing more.

I don't aircraft skins and skins do not belong to me.

Anyway good luck with the job.

Damn, this is awesome!!!! :drinks:

Have just implement it into my SF2 merged install.

Long time had not so much fun.

It´s very hard stay alive when you fly an attack for Argentinia near San Carlos.

Thank you guys!

Th only thing wich could be a little improved is the terrain I think.

But hey, the fun makes me look over it! :good:

Got a problem guys... :blush:

So, I religiously followed read-me, installed also the updates posted by Eburger.

Single mission do work as designed, but when I try to click on "campaign", the game freezes. I've trying stuffs for two days now, installing again and again, also re-downloading all the stuff.

Still no joy. The game always freezes/crashes.

Any idea of what's going on?

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Emp_Palpatine:

Did you install the beta update package from this thread?

http://combatace.com/topic/61633-sf2-falklands-82-fixes-updates/page__st__40

What patch level are you on? Can you play single missionss?

Eric Howes

Hey Eric,

I did so. Also, single missions do not pose any problem or issues, I can play them.

I'm at latest patch (January 2011 I guess) on a merged install (I've no other choices since I own the 2009 combo pack) with both expansions.

What actually bothers me is that I followed step by step the readme. And twice, as I deleted all and reinstalled the game and the mod to be sure I did not do something wrong in the first attempt.

Emp_Palpatine:

Try editing the CampaignName= line of each main campaign INI for the mod. Remove the date so that...

CampaignName=19820425 Guerra de las Malvinas

...becomes...

CampaignName=Guerra de las Malvinas

...and...

CampaignName=19820425 Operation Corporate

...becomes...

CampaignName=Operation Corporate

Eric Howes

Unfortunately, no changes.

I've been wondering wether it could indeed be a name issue, as I encoutered such an issue with a mod for NF4+. Sadly, your fix did not improve my situation.

Perhaps some ideas: does the mod replace all menus background image? 'Cause my Falklands install still uses default ones.

I frankly don't get what's going on. I seem to be the only one to have had such issues with going into the campaign menu and still, I followed the read-me religiously.

I even saw that some other dude uses the mod on a merged install too, so it can't be that.

Emp_Palpatine:

OK, restore the old campaign names.

If you're still seeing the default menu images, then the custom ModuleFalklands82.cat han't been installed correctly. But that shouldn't cause a crash when clicking Campaign on the main menu.

The game is likely crashing because it's looking for something that it can't find. That missing item is either: a) one of the custom Falklands aircraft; b) one of the default SF2 aircraft.

Let's do another install. This time, though, do not delete the \Objects sub-directory in your Mod Folder. Follow the rest of the install instructions, though. The result should be an \Aircraft sub-directory with all the default SF2 aircraft plus the new Falklands aircraft.

Also, do not install the Beta Update pack. Try the Campaign menu option after your initial install. If it works, then proceed to install the Beta Update pack.

Eric Howes

First thing: Thanks a lot Eric for your help and your patience.

It's now working! :salute::clapping:

I don't know what did the trick, but whatever, following the new install with your new instructions, it's now ok. And the menu's background is now ok too.

Still despite the updated pack, Type 12 Frigate are still invisible and therefore unvulnerable to my dear exocets...

Any fix? Should I try again to re-install the update?

412528img00002.jpg

Edited by Emp_Palpatine