Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: Ubisoft creating a brand new IL-2 Sturmovik game

IGN has some details on a new IL-2 game using a brand new 3D engine and set in the Battle of Brittain theater. It's due out March 22, 2011 and appropriately named :Cliffs of Dover.

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1144851p1.html

Here is a link to a video and some screenshots. Looks interesting. Pre-order now and get a free copy of Silent Hunter III.

http://shop.ubi.com/...uctID.224108000

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Yeeesssss! I have every Il-2 game out there. Looking forward to getting this one too!

I think this game has been in the process of building since 2006... Hope my PC can run it as I do enjoy the odd bout of Aerial combat in those monoplane type things...

March 22 2011 eh?...well, I'll believe that when I see it!

No Way am I gonna pre order an IL2 game..it just ties up your money!

I do have all the IL-2 series too, I was following and been waiting for this one with great antitipation, since it was named BoB and Storm of War, but I think I'll wait this time...

I don't think that this will be a finished product, I doubt that my machine will run it smoothly and 50 Euros for the download option? :dntknw:

Edited by elephant

March 22 2011 eh?...well, I'll believe that when I see it!

No Way am I gonna pre order an IL2 game..it just ties up your money!

Would have to agree, and have them all so far. But if it requires activation I am out.

Cheers MarkL

Can't see any video? Or I don't find how to get it started - no way.

I see that you "Jairmuns" can already order the Collectors Editiion from Amazon.

Booo.. thats not fair! :boredom:

http://www.amazon.de.../dp/B004JM5C62/

Video is on here by the way.

Click on picture and some screenshots and a video will come up.

Edited by Davy TASB

Now I could watch it; thank you, Davy!

It looks impressive, no doubt. I may get it some time later.

But believe it or not - I am still lovingly married to OFF. Since I have it, I stopped playing anything else.

I think I'll wait a year or two before taking a serious look at that sim. It took years before IL-2 became truly great. Besides, I'm more interested in WW1 sims. Hopefully it won't be using the awful Ubisoft DRM. What I really love about OFF is that there's no restrictive DRM that presumes every customer is a criminal that must be observed with Internet activations and crap like that.

I'm a sim whore; I'll own it the second it's available.

Very nice! And IL2 still has the best water animation in the business.

Hi Guys,

Have bought all the"Sturmovik" titles since the original.

Been hanging out for CoD (nee SoW) for MANY years, seems like decades :grin:.

Will require Once off activation and will run (toned down as was original IL2, took 2 upgrades before I could run "perfect" landscape well) on a mid range system (but where is the fun in that).

Can't see that I will stop playing 4.10 modded because of it , but we will see.

Just watch this colonial lad protect the Mother Country against those bloody mongrel Heinkels.:salute:

Cheers,

T&FO.

I am running a nicely modded 4.09 ultra pack version of iL2...it's nice.

I have a couple of Batle of Britain campaigns that are a bit of fun...flying Hurries.

This "Cliffs of Dover/Storm of war" looks great, and is fully in the theatre That I love the most WW2 speaking..

I doubt it will get much of a play whilst the OFF is going though...still, I am gonna get it.

Doesn't bother me because I'm happy the way I am, but I have a few questions. Is this like ROF ( on-line only ) ? . . . and it does great . . whats it look like Without a DX-11 card ? , , Lastly do you need special glasses ?

It is NOT on-line only - though there appears to be a huge 128 player pvp mode. It's designed to run on a mid level system and no special glasses are required. Probably be a demo out in a couple of weeks.

Hellshade

ROF isn't online only, either.

I think I will wait a little bit. CoD and Storm of War are they different games ?

I think I will wait a little bit. CoD and Storm of War are they different games ?

No Sport,

Same game they have been working on for Millennia.

Different title, one that will probably get much more sales.

Some parts that were going to be in the initial release will be held for later, probably release of the next "Theater" that will combine with CoD like the various expansions of IL2 did.

Once off activation doesn't sound too painful as DRM, better than "Starfarce" was.

Cheers,

T&FO.

I wonder what kind of hardware it will take for settings at the higher end?

Will it really use SLI? That would be a first in flight sims--- right?

"-Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side. "

What the hell do they mean 'renegade pilots on his own side'????

Also, it does look very pretty, but I think I'll stick with Wings of Victory!

Edited by Javito1986

It means, I think, Polish, French, Chech, pilots that fought with RAF in BoB...

No German Campaign? :dntknw:

As I said above I'm pretty convinced this is rushed release, so I will wait till making my move...

And it should be the Royal Air Force, not the British Air Force. The person who wrote that press release didn't know what he or she was doing.

But that renegade pilots part puzzles me. Renegade British pilots? And no German campaign? What were they thinking?

I too have all the Il2 games/sims and although am excited to see yet another sim of the Il2 francise coming out shortly and even more so especially as it concentrates on the Battle of Britain, I cannot see how this sim will win over with its longevity considering the Battle of Britain only lasted a few months during 1940 throughout its various phases from channel convoy attacks (June/July), radar installations bombed (July/August), airfield attacks/bombed (August/September) and the night blitz of british cities September/November). I will wait with bainted breath on this one. J.

I cannot see how this sim will win over with its longevity considering the Battle of Britain only lasted a few months during 1940 throughout its various phases from channel convoy attacks (June/July), radar installations bombed (July/August), airfield attacks/bombed (August/September) and the night blitz of british cities September/November).

I'm pretty sure that there will be expansions.