Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Poyekhali! April 12 1961 50 years ago

50 years ago a big step for the mankind was done. The first man left the earth, rounded it and landed safely. His name: Yuri Gagarin

post-3395-0-98148000-1302545214.jpg

When his Vostok spacecraft started its engine Gagarin called. "Poyekhali!" = "Lets go!" = "Auf gehts!" And from this moment the exploring of the space began.

A long line of brave men and women followed Gagarin. Cosmonauts, Astronauts, Spacionauts, Taikonauts, Raumflieger. May you call him what you want. For me they are heros! All of them.

Edited by Gepard

Cosmonauts, Astronauts, Spacionauts, Taikonauts, Raumflieger

And of course

psycho.jpg!!!!

Anyway...

50 years of humans falling back onto the planet and constantly missing. That's a good day! :grin: Especially for my granny who's been mesmerized with space for decades, worked as a director of a planetarium and met quite a few cosmonauts and now old as hell rocket scientists.

keep in mind if it wasnt for the space race we wouldnt have many of our modern innovations. like Tang!

A long line of brave men and women followed Gagarin. Cosmonauts, Astronauts, Spacionauts, Taikonauts, Raumflieger. May you call him what you want. For me they are heros! All of them.

Damn right :salute:

The current Google-image is perfectly fitting... Regardless of ideology, he was the first man to go where no man has gone before.

Salute! :salute:

On a sad note, it is ironic that this man died in an old MiG-15. :sad:

The mother of one of my colleagues was in love with Gagarin when young, and probably wasn't the only one. The Soviets had chosen the pretty boy with the nice proletarian grin, a good example of worldwide public relations.

:salute: To Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin and all who came after...

To 50 years of manned space flight!

VR

:salute:

the first that returned... alive

:salute: