Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

June patch available!

One thing NEW in this patch no one seem to notice?

Radar on/off works now :grin: try it, and check your RWR display

Oh this could be good... :good:

So, we can go into silent running? Does it make stealth mods more fun?

I tested this on F-15 during winter's night strike, radars off -subjective observation, but only one SAM fired at us (me) over target area. Multiple signatures on receiver, ony this sam and two shilkas pinging occasionally. To be fair we weren't there loitering for too long.

EricJ for the terrain gurus and fans out there the may and june patches are not so great. locks up quite a bit and doesnt let you fix it from what i understand thought stary could fill in more on htat or you could read the gripe sheet known as the may 2011 thread. framerates have dramatically improved however, many new NATO units and squaadron markings have been added (tho oddly no Denmark) if if it was your wish you had to finish the mission not have your wingman cleanup for you to get credit. it also sets up for online patching when you fire up the game and a future d/l'able content store. the June patch resolved some issues where alot of the decals either disappeared or glowed in game. for me and the others that are more into the aircraft and the terrain is something nice to look at while your going to and from target the patches are pretty good esp for the framerate boost. myself and speakin for myself only i like the new patches but again i am more bout the planes than where they fly.

Oh I was tracking that for sure... just waiting until people give it better reviews though... and Stary... is that the threat radar on/off? Or friendly radar on/off?

Wingmen from your flight only

Workin' on Hunter FR.10 mod I noted that RCN camera (as for ex. in Yak-27R, Yak-28R etc.) doesn't work after June patch.

Sob.:blink:

the radar on/off is good to simulate modern combats. now TK could add the multiple target ability... good.gif

ps: i know, third wire is small, no have so many money etc, but this is only an sugestion...cool.gif

ps number two: thank you so much TK for keep upgrading this awesome game!

Edited by cadeteBRA

The problem with the multi-target ability so far is the avionics70.dll, which... isn't a real problem but that's how the avionics are designed for the era specific radars. Which is not so much a game limitation but it's modders adapting modern jets based off of what is now a pretty old system. If that Tomcat sim comes out then I'm sure the multi-target ability would be added to a new .dll or whatnot to allow it for the more modern jets. Just have to work on your reflexes...

so, we can wait for the multi-target ability?yess.gif

we can allways wait...

(puts on "Grateful Death" flying jacket, sits in front of monitor... waits)

we can allways wait...

(puts on "Grateful Death" flying jacket, sits in front of monitor... waits)

:lol:

lol Daddy

didnt TK say somewhere that he was working on a patch, that was 2 weeks out, then the fix for the terrain issues (making options adjustable) was 2 week after that?

don't recall that SkateZilla, right now I can live with the trees

Remember folks as is always stated in here...

2 Weeks... its always 2 weeks... 14 days etc etc... :rofl:

sometimes it seems like 336 hours, or 20160 minutes......

More than that... :smile:

hey EricJ. Ot here but did you check out the sampler file i sent you a few days ago? if all looks good to you i wanna upload my first mod (finally!)by this weekend. just would like a second opinion on the mod then a lil talk thru on uploading itself.

The auto update broke my install, nothing but CTD's

The auto update broke my install, nothing but CTD's

modded install with custom renamed .exe file? then you have to copy over this exe patched Strike Fighters 2.exe (or whichever you use)

It's been 7 hours and 16 days...

Old school reference for those of you who remember the bald belter from Belfast. :grin:

Sinead O'Conner

I made separate topic about this, but worth repeating -old style trees rendering is working after changing single line in Options.ini

ObjectsFade=TRUE

to

ObjectsFade=FALSE

and the TOD objects are back as they were before May11 patch.

This is making this patch a non-issue for me, sticking with it :drinks:

Great to get the fade option. Now I can merge my installs to Jun11 patch :good:

And Stary, clouds don't flip for me.. Tried one of my mod installs, will try stock..

Edited by PureBlue