Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

So it's the end of The World...

...so you could probably say good riddance to that trashy tabloid, especially after the extent of their phone hacking had been revealed. But I do fear that the persons responsible, sorry either complicit or impotent management in charge at the time will be avoiding prosecution, which kinda sucks a bit.

Here's a link:

See I told you so.

I said here that if I upgraded from SF-1 and bought SF-2 then the world would end.

I was right.

I am NOT Perky!

• Like 1

Hope FAUX news is next!

Amen! Along with CNBC and CNN. I expect the news unbiased and impartial. And so far neither of those news outlets can say that.

Saw this on the news at work today.

Of all the UK press that i've looked at over the years, News Of The World was hands down the trashiest. Now if we can only do the same over here.

Saw this on the news at work today.

Of all the UK press that i've looked at over the years, News Of The World was hands down the trashiest. Now if we can only do the same over here.

True , but we did have a reorter on live TV call Mr Obama a Genitalia :yikes:

I can't wait for the day when we get another 24 hrs NEWS channel, like CNN was 25 years ago.

No surprise really any of it to me - seems it has surprised most of the NOTW readers though - and this pretty drastic action to shut the paper must be to avert a mass riot I'm guessing.

The paper will be gone - but suspect the same group will just launch another with a different name - and carry on as if nothing happened...............

It's about time the TRASH MEDIA and it's owner get the light shined on them. :heat:

Notice,they run for cover like roaches. :yikes:

Maybe some of the Media here will get the hint. :blink:

One of my pet peeves:Trash Media

Edited by ezlead

Me, I can live with just one "news" programme -Sir David Attenborough's Life series :grin:

You and me both!!!

:drinks:

nope. That's the only network that is anywhere close to being accurate or balanced. And the ratings prove how much more that channel is trusted than all the others combined. The others are all propaganda outlets.

If you don't watch/read/listen to the news channels of Fox, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, BBC, Reuters, AP, LA Slimes, etc., you are uninformed. If you do watch/read/listen to any of them, you are mis-informed.

dunno what my puppy is gonna s**t on now!

I have heard of the blue shield in which police forces circle the wagons to protect their own and deal with their problems internally, but the news media knows how to circle the wagons to protect their own with no such noble ambitions of resolving their own internal issues.

It is my opinion that it is, however, the 'commercial' press and advertising dollars keep the worst of their kind afloat. It is only when those dollars depart to other outlets that any type of cleanup action takes place. In this case, drastic. We consumers contribute to prop some of these crap-dealers up by purchasing their rag or looking at their offerings. Probably unfair to those staff journalists who are attempting to adhere to some sort of journalistic ethics (whatever they are), but when the captain drives the ship on the rocks, everybody drowns.

It is a touchy business, ripe with corruption, mindless in pursuit of the headline, unresponsive to valid criticism, and doomed to perpetually eating their young.

It is often said by journalists that the 'the pen is mightier than the sword', but they consistantly leave off the second part of that quote that says, 'but it takes much less courage to wield'.

Other than that, they're a great bunch of people.........

Edited by Jug