Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

Aug 2011 Update is out!

Muesli, that's the game's cinematic camera which started to work as intended an update or two ago. You can enter the same view mode at any time pressing F12.

it's been inactive since day one, at least the key binding was there, I love this feature

The first mission of Rolling Thunder on F-4D is extra fun now. Fat pylon Falcons, gun and ECM pods don't improve the stability.

Has anyone else noticed that USN and USMC aircraft no longer have the "NAVY" or "MARINES" decal on the side of the fuselage anymore since this update.

Hmm.. F-4J and A-6A have NAVY labels in my install. Full merged, all DLC.

Strangely, GIMP cannot open any 'nation name' decals at all but works OK with everything else.

Unknown image type 0 for 'C:\Users\Spinners\Desktop\CAT\STOCK DECALS\NATIONNAMEWHITE154.TGA'

Opening 'C:\Users\Spinners\Desktop\CAT\STOCK DECALS\NATIONNAMEWHITE154.TGA' failed:

TarGA image plug-In could not open image

I have extracted the august 2011 cat files and cant open the nationname decals in photoshop etc, all other decals are fine. Strange!

I kept my extracted files from the July 2011 cats, the nationname decals open in photoshop just fine. Something is wrong with the nationname decals for audust 2011. I noticed that aircraft that are showing the nationname have the relevant targa in their dedicated decal folder.

Edited by Boostjunky

A quick fix for this problem, if you still have the July 2011 cats the copy all the nationname decals into the decal folder in you mods folder. They don't need to be organised into aircraft subfolders just paste them directly into the decal folder. I have the working decal files from my copy of the July 2011 cats. Am I allowed to post them in a compressed folder on here?

I can't confirm this either. I get to see the NationName decals just fine and I can also open the NationName decal Spinners mentioned with my (rather old) Photoshop 7.0.

Btw. Boostjunky/Spinners...did you see this issue in a stock install?

Fun fact: I'm not running the patched game since I had to reinstall the whole thing...

Edited by Gocad

You can't install the DLC without the updates, you can update without the DLC just fine.

I can't confirm this either. I get to see the NationName decals just fine and I can also open the NationName decal Spinners mentioned with my (rather old) Photoshop 7.0.

Btw. Boostjunky/Spinners...did you see this issue in a stock install?

Fun fact: I'm not running the patched game since I had to reinstall the whole thing...

I'm also using Photoshop 7.0, I also always keep an extra install labelled "Strike Fighter 2 Control" with in my merged install. The nationname decals were not working in that either. I'm wondering its something to do with me installing the update through the game? How did you install it Spinners?

Morning.

Downloaded update and then applied. Like you, I've got the nation name decals archived and I've just popped them in my decals folder. Odd that just those are affected though, isn't it?

Done some missions with USN and USMC planes (F-4 and F-8)...the decals shows properly.

I patched manually (not with ingame download).

Full merged install.

Edited by mdatelmi

Morning.

Downloaded update and then applied. Like you, I've got the nation name decals archived and I've just popped them in my decals folder. Odd that just those are affected though, isn't it?

Its a strange one mate, although I havn't had a problem with an update for ages so I was overdue for one! I suspect that something might have gone wrong updating through the game itself. Here and on TW forums members who don't have this problem seem to have downloaded the update manually.

Guest Pfunk

This 'game' is getting more and more like a full-blown simulation and more and more hidden features with every update.

I've updated, not seeing the decal problems. Getting the Mirage 5BA DLC next week.

TK's put up a hotfix for missing decals sufferers.

Gee great I had to uninstall every SF version....because the hot fix killed me exe's..... :lol:

hmmm...perhaps this is one reason to not install from 'in game?' Always done mine manually, and never had a problem.

although, since the july, my sound keeps cutting out....and even still now

Wrench, The, what form of "sound cutting out"?

Oh it was manual install.

All good now, glad to actually have done clean installs.

hmmm...perhaps this is one reason to not install from 'in game?' Always done mine manually, and never had a problem.

although, since the july, my sound keeps cutting out....and even still now

Mine cuts out on the loading screen, and frequently on external views.