:clapping: Well, I realy like this work!:clapping:

... but I'ld have an humle question: which is the plane to put in?

The only model I know has several issues (shadow ropes ...) and it's quite old ... maybe this incoming pit will need a better plane?:yikes:

I hope so.

:drinks:

looks better, the higherpoly one

from my own (in)experience I know those placeholders tend to stay there for good :yikes:

@Paulo: I'd toss it into 31 too

I'll try to model the Whole new plane if no one is doing it, i just began to make some testings on Max and have the most relevanto info about the plane, even for the Iraqi version, that, to my knowledge is the only one that has chaff/flare dispensers on the wings, so wish me luck :D

I intend to do a pass at the complete MiG-25 too, unless ofcourse flogger23 has made a complete model at which point that would be unnecessary :clapping:

The reason why I do the cockpit first is that it is the tricky part, the plane is easy enough (ie not very complex shape and good reference material avaliable)

Now, let's play a game called Name the instrument!

instruments.jpg

As i'm just begining, i think you can create it, and hope to learn to do my first model soon, i wish you the best :good: :good: :good:

It is ( not sure for 100%... ) a student cockpit from MiG-25PU - mayby helps...

post-20260-0-07872300-1315855089.jpg

post-20260-0-09241500-1315855074.jpg

post-20260-0-67809100-1315855060.jpg

Edited by Wraith27

Damn, where did that come from? :drinks::salute: Now to learn me some russian :P

And yeah if that is the trainer pit then it is of the same pit that I thought have been a MiG-25PD pit. Oh well, it will have to do, if damning evidence cant be secured that it is completely wrong for some reason.

EDIT: Wraith we are starting to approach serious study sim territory here :blink: Oh well. And the PU pit should look pretty much like the PD pit right, to ease transition?

Edited by Centurion-1

Now to learn me some russian :P

My Russian looks like this:

Google translate: MiG-25 kabina = МиГ-25 кабины

www google.ru and that's all - It is my "Think in Russian" :lol:

for translation we must ask the real Russians

About cockpits: I think that You are right but mayby compare this PU cockpit both with P and PD version. PU was earlier than PD so it ma looks more like P

About pictures: In the second post, there are from some russian forum where someone wanted to make MiG-25P cockpit for LockOn. But the last post was more than one year ago so I think the project is dead. I didn't find more interesting information there. The pictures in first post are from polish forum and I think there is someone who may have some interesting information. I registered on this forum but I must wait for an administrator acceptance. When I'll have it i'll try to contact him.

EDIT:

MiG-25RB http://www.airforce.ru/aircraft/mikoyan/mig-25rb/page_03_1.htm

post-20260-0-49696900-1315861690.jpg

On marked section - I Think that there are three clocks in line - mean Your number 5 is in the middle in font of stick.

Edited by Wraith27

Centurion, as an advice, you should look for help from Lindr2, he is a master on Soviet aviation (no offenses to the other gurus here), and he has always clarified questions to me ,just give him a try, just in case...

Yeah I'm gonna need some help, if nothing else then to understand the schematic Wraith provided, ie what button does what and what warning lights need to be made et cetera.

Anyways, thanks to the schematic I've corrected alot of the cockpit layout, almost every single dial and button was off. And some where missing completely, like the third lower dial et cetera. Now it's starting to come together real nice, still alot of work to be done ofcourse!

render7.jpg

Wow trooper that helps very much! I've been chipping away at the instruments now, it's very slow and tedious work but I'm getting there! Haven't actually played SF2 in a while now, kinda sad :dntknw:

render8.jpg

Haven't actually played SF2 in a while now, kinda sad :dntknw:

Welcome to the world of modding. Now you can never leave! :lol:

• Like 1

LOL Dels!:rofl:

Welcome to the world of modding. Now you can never leave! :lol:

How true,I rarely [play,most times I run game is to test the models etc.

Well, after taking some time off to spend actually playing The Witcher 2, as well as flying some good old Sf2, I decided i was inspired enough to start working again. Blackbird has given me access to an old MiG25 project including cockpit work, which has moved my project forward a lot. I have been working on cockpit dials today like crazy, and am seeing the light in the end of the tunnel.

After the dials are done i can finally start working on the cockpit main panels, which will really bring this bird to it's right. then export testing. I'm gonna need help to make all these instrus working properly, but one problem at a time.

Can't wait to blow some F-15s out of the sky :cool:

render9.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks flogger!

I got sick of looking at the untextured bits and bobs, especially the background of the main panel. So i textured. I think this is the first picture that conveys the level of visual fidelity I want. And it is still not done, even the main panel.

render11.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, now I declare the front panel DONE! :drinks:

I must say I personally like how it turned out, my own personal development goals were met :P But constructive criticism is always welcome. Now it's the controls, then side panels and the rest of the cockpit. I'd say I'm about 70% there now as far as the visual aspect is concerned.

Here is a hi-res render for you all, it is only diffuse textures, ie all what you see is what you get.

render12.jpg

• Like 1

Now, that`s what i can call a piece of work, thanks man, you are doing great!!!

I'm LIKING it!!