Thanks Flogger, and thanks to all the other people who has helped me!

The only gripe I have is It's sad that there never was a model who combined the bombing capabilities of the RBK and the interceptor qualities of the PD, it would have been a perfect eastern variant of the F-4.

A black variant of the panel could be easily done for the early P variants... just saying.... ooppss did i said that out loud???:grin:

It's starting to look decent but tbh I'd leave out the bevel effect on the diffuse texture and just let the normal and spec maps handle that. Also if you look at the very first photo you posted, the frames around your gauges are way too thick which makes the pit look kind of cartoony. It really helps there if you just make a quick highpoly of the frame and bake from that. It will look much better than trying to just use smoothing groups.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Thanks all for your very positive feedback. I'm chipping away now at the cockpit, haven't had much time lately but i predict next week will be different. Julhelm is probably right about the gauges, I already toned some of the frames down, and will do that even more, tho I'm not very good at the hipoly to lowpoly stuff (some of us only do this as a hobby :grin: ). I already dread the export and ini work hehe. But I come this far and I intend to see this through.

As a by-product of this I have alot of work already done if one wanted to make hipoly 3d cockpits for other Soviet contemporary aircrafts, especially MiGs. Does anyone know if Lindr is still with us and actively modding, I love his MiG-23 pack, but the cockpits would be even more awesome with additional details.

Thanks all for your very positive feedback. I'm chipping away now at the cockpit, haven't had much time lately but i predict next week will be different. Julhelm is probably right about the gauges, I already toned some of the frames down, and will do that even more, tho I'm not very good at the hipoly to lowpoly stuff (some of us only do this as a hobby :grin: ). I already dread the export and ini work hehe. But I come this far and I intend to see this through.

As a by-product of this I have alot of work already done if one wanted to make hipoly 3d cockpits for other Soviet contemporary aircrafts, especially MiGs. Does anyone know if Lindr is still with us and actively modding, I love his MiG-23 pack, but the cockpits would be even more awesome with additional details.

I have some photo cockpit MiG-21bis and schemes.

And high-resolution photo of MiG-31...

If You need...

Edited by comrad

tHX Comrad and Orsin for those refs, saved for future needs. I'm not 100% about if I should continue with reds after the 25, we'll see. Worked some of the cockpit today but has been a little slow, had to check out the Buccaneer :P It has given me peace about how much polys you can spend on the cockpit since the performance is no problem even on my laptop. So Hi-poly it is. I'm running out of texture space tho :dntknw: Well no worries.

Your pit looks great so fr, I have talked with Volker about your 25 project. you can go ahead with more polys. You are right :drinks:

Can`t wait to take my first flight with this baby :good:

Got some work done on the side panels. Still a long way to go.

gallery_19311_694_44415.jpg

• Like 1

Switchophilia

gallery_19311_694_63158.jpg

Was dissatisfied with the texture layout plans I had made so I restructured to get better resolution for the side panels, it was too blurry in my opinion. This is just a fast tex, no weathering etc only labels and AO. The right side of the cockpit is now nearing completion and is starting to feel like it matches the front panel nicely, it now looks "whole".

• Like 2

Great progress! :drinks::good:

And really good work!

Your office....

gallery_19311_694_5126.jpg

Unlike the previous pics, this has one simple light applied to it to simulate sunlight.

Also:

Visible legs in the cockpit, yay or nay?

And hand on stick but static stick or moveable stick. Also the stick will block the view to a lot of the small pressure meters et cetera.. Not a big deal ingame i guess but still.

• Like 2

Me personally I prefer legless(lol) pits, but if done nicely they can be cool :cool:

Hmm, well i was thinking a pretty detailed set of legs modeling the high altitude suit the foxbat pilots wore, with hi res texture.

edit.jpg

Like that one

A great cockpit for that model would use a great pilot too, unfortunately there is none available:(

Your office....

gallery_19311_694_5126.jpg

Unlike the previous pics, this has one simple light applied to it to simulate sunlight.

Also:

Visible legs in the cockpit, yay or nay?

And hand on stick but static stick or moveable stick. Also the stick will block the view to a lot of the small pressure meters et cetera.. Not a big deal ingame i guess but still.

On Leg You can put the map... or flight plan... )

I think, moveable stick - very good idea :good:

a Movable Map on the leg would be cool, but maybe you can create a version with and one without legs ;)

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Hello Centurion!

Wouawwww... beautiful!!! :clapping:

Very great "office" with plenty of needles... :good:

Coupi. :bye:

Edited by Coupi

Since the legs have not gotten such a huge response, I think im gonna focus on other things.