Sign in to follow this  

I only expect the new aircrafts shown and the terrain which haven't been shown much of yet... All other stuff I regard as a bonus.. This way I can't be disappointed :grin:

IMHO it's not a real Tomcat sim until we see screenies of MiG-28's.

But seriously, SF2NA looks great. Can't wait.

Edited by malibu43

IMHO it's not a real Tomcat sim until we see screenies of MiG-28's.

don't wanna break it for you, but those weren't Mig-28's, in fact these were repainted Texan's. Oh wait, wrong movie :lol:

seriously, why no Tomcat shots? All we've seen is few external shots year(s) old

Maybe TK went with the revolutionary "no flyables" approach?

That thought came to my mind... that indeed would be a breakthrought flight simulators niche market awaits since early 2000's

Or its because he canceled the F-14 and is using the F-4 as the base of the new sim?? :lol:

• Like 1

every chair expert here knows that so called "F-14" was in fact slightly upgraded Rhino, with unnecessary GIB removed... so we know how's it's gonna look, no needs for screens then, save bandwitch

first prototype in fact had GIB onboard but he turned out too prone to collisions with own canopy

Edited by Stary

I'm not buying it....until I get my damn pony....I have only been asking for years TK.....

:rofl::lol:

New screens from FB page:

post-8911-0-33214900-1322247032.jpg

post-8911-0-04806400-1322247027.jpg

post-8911-0-28141400-1322247037.jpg

:drinks:

Edited by Stary

yes I noticed, must be the new one is either kept from public or earlier in development :dntknw:

He could be using a merged install to mess with us :grin:

I spy Phoenix on the third shot.

I haz spotted a Kitty and it was GOOOOD!

Also, I would regret it if I did not post this again :D

Edited by JonathanRL

I think we are near now ..... do You think that the only new flyable plane will be the F-14?

:drinks:

Yeah, seems like so -to test the merged install functioning etc. I think general looks of the terrain and environment will remain similar to what we have now. Else environment system would have to be independent for new terrain engine map, the one pictured looks 2006 unchanged (but I think TK stated that environment will remain same)

The 3d model looks good,

the Afterburners need a injection of Pixel Shaders.. they look uggg...

i wonder if I can use EffectTypes instead of emmitters (as i do with my carrier emmitters), that way i can make multiple layers for the AB and timed effects without having to make dummy engines.

i wonder if I can use EffectTypes instead of emmitters (as i do with my carrier emmitters), that way i can make multiple layers for the AB and timed effects without having to make dummy engines.

I think effects aren't on unlimited, these still use shaders but do not use rendertobrightness=true value (no bloom around fires)

I think one can define several identically named emitters in a file, Master Deuces did so for his countermeasures back in 2005

I think effects aren't on unlimited, these still use shaders but do not use rendertobrightness=true value (no bloom around fires)

I think one can define several identically named emitters in a file, Master Deuces did so for his countermeasures back in 2005

I know i tried to do multple effects layered for afterburners, and set them using an Effect, but it wouldn't work in game

(maybe i got the effect type and timings wrong, as I just used the values i had for my CAT Launch emitters.)

It works using multiple Emitters and Dummy engines.

Funny how some screenshots have a bloom effect and others dont?

I've also been looking for a way to make a new .FX file for Exhaust/Afterburners that will do the "Heat Blur". (But havent found a decent efficient way of editing the .FX Files.)

Edited by SkateZilla

Funny how some screenshots have a bloom effect and others dont?

Doesn't TK turn the bloomers on only in twilight and darkness?

Doesn't TK turn the bloomers on only in twilight and darkness?

Yes and i strongly recomended that there should be an option to enable it 24/7 ...............

The F-14 looks nice. However, does the avionics support that the Tomcat can do as far as locking targets up? I asked TK about this a few times with no answer.

Canopies could use some love. Like cubemap reflections.

it's clearly not on highest settings, so no sweet canopy shader, but rgr on cubemaps

Do you guys expect new carrier ops (with deck crew), the hability to start quick missions from the carrier (apart from mission editor) and sinkable carrier as targets to attack and defend?

no, no, yes

edit:

no,perhaps,yes

Edited by Stary