I hope it's an ini edit only and the aircraft are not part of the ship LOD.

The parked aircraft have unique aircraft number decals, so probably not part of the ship model.

That is a cool screen shot. TK is full of surprises.

seeing as each cat has its own number, i'd say its a ini edit, and not a merged 3d model, as it would require separate skins for each aircraft.

"Ghost Rider, this is Strike. We have unknown aircraft inbound Mustang. Your vector zero-nine-zero for bogey."

Craig

Edit: hold up, F-4's are AI only :S

Until you merge it then you will be able to kick ass with 57th FIS.

the helos are not listed as AI aircraft so are they part of the carier model? maybe as some kinds of carrierbased ground object?

As seen on the store page, TV displays also render water reflections.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this to anyone except BLTDAN...

Back when TK worked with Destineer to make WoE, I and several others here were on the official beta test team. This was more formal than TKs normal beta tests were, in that we used a web based bug-tracking tool. Anyway, one of the producers at Destineer saw my old website and contacted me via email, which resulted in us talking on the phone a couple of times. He was really fired up that the games had such a following, and was impressed with the work that the modders had done to the point where he wanted to either include some community work in the game, or possibly have a selection of official community mods available on their website. This never went beyond a couple of conversations, and I was clear with him that we in the community didn't want to step on TKs toes or get in his way. It makes me wonder what would have happened if TK had taken a different approach back then when he had an actual publisher and his games were in stores.

WoE was the last release in an enjoyable package, both box and game GUI .... was really excited back then, combined with all the cool new planes it brought. I never stop wishing he would release with that wrapping / garnish level again. (Cant help it, after all i am a graphic designer, we are often known OCD cases)

- There was no F-4 squadron aboard Nimitz in 79 ?

- Do we see F-4J, N, S and A-6s later DLC releases ?

- Has there been maybe any hint / info i missed about later F/A-18A plans ?

The last F-4 squadron that deployed off the Nimitz, rotated off the boat in February of 1977: http://navysite.de/cvn/cvn68deploy.htm

TK has not mentioned anything about them. We already have a J-model, the N would require a new external model, and the S would require the same, plus a new' pit.

The A-6 would be interesting, though the devil's in the details. Namely, would Third Wire invest the resources in simulating its weapons delivery/avionics systems? Probably not.

Again, no. I would tend to believe that the Bug is outside the time frame of any of the TW sims released to date. The A-model wasn't officially accepted into service until March of 1983, and none deployed off the Nimitz, (for example) until the C-model, in 1991.

TK has not mentioned anything about them. We already have a J-model, the N would require a new external model, and the S would require the same, plus a new' pit.

The A-6 would be interesting, though the devil's in the details. Namely, would Third Wire invest the resources in simulating its weapons delivery/avionics systems? Probably not.

Again, no. I would tend to believe that the Bug is outside the time frame of any of the TW sims released to date. The A-model wasn't officially accepted into service until March of 1983, and none deployed off the Nimitz, (for example) until the C-model, in 1991.

Bummer i say . But i'd be (as everybody) uber-busy for too long with NA and all the moding involved :D :P

At least we have the J :)

- The manual hasn't been updated yet

- is it only me who sees the sea color too saturated ?

- is it only me who sees the sea color too saturated ?

That's the proper color for the Gulf Stream:

Edited by Fubar512

There is an S released not too long ago.

http://combatace.com/files/file/11617-mirage-factory-f-4s-phantom-ii/

There are new Hornets with new pits on the way.

Check screen shot thread.

Garrr! The century-old alpha-channel bug is still there:

post-8911-0-80126000-1330526263.jpg

not nice

The what Stary? Can you point it out?

Edited by Dave
Nevermind I see it in the aft section.

yes Dave, the railing in the aft section, old OLD bug of materials with alpha-channel for transparency (namely: Targa files) not sorting out as they should :sad:

(that was the reason for moving the clouds to physically impossible levels afer Exp2, to avoid the infamous trees vs clouds rendering bug)

Look at the smoke plume and the railings on the CG's fantail.

I hoped that would be fixed... but you can't have everything.

This together with clouds apparently back at reasonable real-world height implies lack of any alpha-based ground objects (namely: trees) on the terrain mesh... just sayin'

what I'm saying is: do not be suprised if the Iceland terrain is dead empty (as in "dead space" term) and lacks any ground features except, well, the Earth ("Earth->ground here" -love that writing on one Harrier in museum!) itself

edit:typo

Edited by Stary

what I'm saying is: do not be suprised if the Iceland terrain is dead empty (as in "dead space" term) and lacks any ground features except, well, the Earth

Well it is Iceland after all.... :lol:

those name-calling again!

Iceland=not ice, mostly, lots of intrusive, felsic, igneous rock, known as the perfect habitat zone for plant life...

post-8911-0-72557200-1330527626.jpg

Greenland=Ice,ice,ice, no plants after all

Camelot! Camolet! Camelot! .......It's only a model....shhhh! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

from a developer standpoint, a flaw...

what IF the new terrain engine does not support any ground cluster of any sort be it trees, small houses..? There are guys willing to redo Vietnam map using the new engine... can they go with jungle being only flat ground texture? Don't think so...

move dammit!

Camelot, tis such a silly place....

• Dislike 1

Camelot, tis such a silly place....

And only you two find it funny... :tongue: