SF2 Reloaded Community Mod

SF2 Reloaded Community Mod Collection v01.12

This community mod collection is for the beginners (or lazy) who want quick a better looking SF2 sim.

This is not my mod I just gathered together and this is my opinion.

UPDATES

=======================================================================================

+++ Terrains +++

- Hi Res Desert Tiles 1.0 by JSF_Aggie

- Green Hell 3 3.0 by Stary (only wet season)

- Germany reworked tileset 1.1 by Stary (only summer season tileset)

- SF2 Israel Terrain Update by Stary

- Hi-Res Runway Textures 2.0 by Kris0990

- Better Widesky for SF2 by Cellisky and Insky_orsin

- Sarcasm mod by Stary (with merged/modified environmentsystem.ini)

- Alternative Cloud layer 1.0 by SF

+++ Effects +++

- Unified Effects Pack 1.1 by Stary

- Ground Effects Collection by SF

- High res Waternormal.bmp by Paladrian (a.k.a. Mago)

+++ Sounds +++

- SFG Speech by Renegade and Retrograde

- Megapack1B by Fubar512 (only a few sounds, I reamplified)

- Jet spoolup by No457_Squog

+++ Menu +++

- 1680 x 1050 Mainscreen Squid, Gustav "Farmer", me

- 1680 x 1050 take off screen by me (not the best :))

+++ Bonus +++

- flyable Mirage IIIC (stock Thirdwire with stock Shahak pit)

- flyable Mirage 5D (stock Thirdwire with stock Nesher pit)

- flyable Mirage 5F (stock Thirdwire with stock Nesher pit)

- F-104G Starfighter (Thirdwire's free add-on for SF Gold, on SF2 level with Batman78's High-res pit)

KNOWN ISSUES

=======================================================================================

- High res runway tiles are somewhere missing. If you know how can it fix please tell me.

- Sometimes trees are appearing on runways somewhere on GermanyCE map.

- If I missed modder's name I am sorry for that, let me know and I'll implement.

- My bad english. (:

TESTED

on Windows 7 x64, SF2 merged install + Expansion pack 1+2, patch level is 2011 november

Tester: only me + this is my first "mod" so unknown issues are possible.

INSTALLATION

1) Requires a clean Strike Fighters 2 merged install mod directory (SF2, SF2 Vietnam, SF2 Europe, SF2 Israel, expansion pack 1 and 2 are not required).

2) patch your SF2 to 2011 november

3) extract SF2 Reloaded mod collection (1502 MB) to your "mod folder" (overwrite yes)

a) Vista/Win7: C:\Users\\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

b) WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

4) Play Strike Fighters 2 and enjoy!

LINKS

You may find almost all of this mods on combatace.com

www.thirdwire.com

Thanks all of you for these very great mods!

Cheers

Érc (aka ErcVitez = Erc77)

1502 MB, Freeware license

good idea, reminds me of our French friends Check-Six community pack from yeeears ago -something easy for new member, without the need of hunting dozens of addons

:good:

• Like 1

Some what similar to the big mod packs for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. Very good! :drinks:

BTW

Welcome aboard ErcVitez!:drinks:

very nice. been playing with it. I would suggest adding in some groundobjects though, either the Sam pak converted to sf2 and the ural and graz truck pak. Forget who made it.

use groundobject pak from Operation Darius -- they're the most recent, improved and corrected for SF2 (will need the corrected SF2 weapons, too)

Edited by Wrench

Wrench:

Sorry, but I have to disagree about using the ground objects from OpDarius -- your version or mine. Both are skewed towards the needs of that particular scenario, with all kinds of Iranian ground objects and other objects tweaked for the needs of that mod. Moreover, both are missing important ground objects -- AAA pieces in particular, not to mention SAMs and some other things.

The ground objects for NATO Fighters 4+ would be a better starting point, though even that is missing things (like the Ural and Gaz trucks).

Eric Howes

sorry, pal ... the general use vehicles (GAZ, MBZs, etc) are not -- they're set as they should be for general international usage. I'd suggest looking over the supplied userlist inis I created for them. That goes for bunches and lots of the others as well. The ones that I modded ARE correct

He can always pick and choose which vehicles and whatnots to install, can't he?

Wrench:

Who said anything about the general int'l vehicles not being correct? I was addressing the general idea of using the ground objects from OpDarius as a base to build a ground objects pack. It's not the better choice, even if particular ground objects there might have received recent modding.

Eric Howes

Ah I just found this "topic". :D

I am really noob, sorry about that. :)

Many thanks for the answers (welcome ;) ) and the ideas. If you find some issues and if you have got some new ideas pls. tell me, I'll try to fix those (first I'll check the Mirage... :/ )

Érc

the mirage 3 c isnt showing up but the others do.

There it is: Mirage IIIC TW

if not, then copy paste overwrite the AircraftData entry in the Mirage3C.ini

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Mirage IIIC TW

AircraftShortName=Mirage III

AircraftDataFile=Mirage3C_data.ini

LoadoutFile=Mirage3C_Loadout.ini

UserList=Mirage3C_UserList.ini

CockpitDataFile=Shahak_cockpit.INI

LoadoutImage=Shahak_loadout.TGA

HangarScreen=Shahak_hangar.JPG

LoadingScreen=Shahak_Loading.JPG

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.DLL

AvionicsDataFilename=Shahak_avionics.INI

the rest is the original. It should work.

Érc

Edited by ErcVitez

Regarding ground objects - I think this would be a good place to start, at least in terms of what a stock game will use and what a new player will notice when flying a mission.

http://combatace.com...8-sf2-aaa-pack/

"Best Bang for Your Buck," IMHO. And then, like eburger68 said, other ground objects (tanks, trucks, additional SAM's, etc...) could be carefully pulled one at a time from NF4+.

Edited by malibu43

Hello,

Still learning the inner workings of the 2nd gen. I have installed this mod - seems to work fantastically, but I have two questions:

1. it has really lengthened my load time from about 20 seconds to well over a minute. My pc (2.39 GHz, 2 GB Ram Dual Core E2220,GeForce 9800 GT) is admittedly, a bit old. Still, is this normal? Not a biggie, since once running, the sim runs about as fast as it did prior to the mod.

2. I want to download the NATO Fighters mod - will that mod override/conflict with this mod (seeing as this mod's more recent)?

Thanks!

DL

Deltalima, the loading time increase mostly due to higher number (and overal quality) of objects on map and much more detailed terrains, it's normal. Once loaded once, next time loading is noticeably faster

For Nato Fighters I'd recommend other dedicated MOD installation

Thanks Stary,

So which other MOD are you recommending? I know we're now getting a bit off topic, but ...

I've got all four titles (no exp packs), plus a few mods including the Buccanneer, Hunter FR 10, and Tornado. I was hoping for some more Harriers - and assumed those could be found in the NATO Fighters Mod(s).

I have thought about the Malvinas mod, hoping there is a way to fly the Harrier beyond 1982 ...

cheers,

there's AV-8A based on stock model and great AV-8Bplus in SF2 download section, check them

Falklands is great historical mod so is fictional Operation Darius (modern NATO vs Iran)

edit:

by writing "other dedicated MOD installation (for Nato Fighters)" -I suggested making new MODS folder for Nato Fighters alone (without other mods in it) sorry for slight misleading sentence

Edited by Stary

I am agreed with Stary. Listen to him, he is a skilled modder.

Help :dntknw: , just loading this Mod Collection and now have Camera position aircraft info and FPS info all over the screen. Can it turn this off as i find it very off putting

thanks

Use Ctrl + D to switch this off by cycling hud modes

If not do you have a HUDDATA.ini file in ....\Users\<you>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 \Flight?

actualy, Alt/D

I am liking the new Watermap from NA more than Paladrians which i was using until now. And its a huge improvement comparing to the stock non-NA terrains, is way better even with shimmering (no shimmer at all)