Just wanted to report a severe FPS loss over Iceland (like cut in half). I guess the new lod terrain is a heavy drain on resources, plus having everything on unlimited/high doesn't help either. The 'cat looks great though!

Great one.

But M key shows no map (black)

and when i assign my keys and joystick controls, somehow

the game is setting some back.

Anyone else having that trouble with the controls?

Yes, Carlo. M key shows black for me too on the Iceland terrain.

Mapping is OK but I've lost Stary's viewlist mod :dntknw:

Edited by Spinners

Fuuuu... got broken connection. In fact not broken download, just it stopped. I was at 73%, networking monitor showed no activity in past 5 minutes.

So went to re-download, ohh, store access code, surely, I launch my mail to get it, you know what? I have my paypal payment for Thirdwire confirmation mail, but NO return mail from Twirdwire with access code :blink:

good thing is one of my previous confirmation codes gave me access to my downloads, re-downloading

edit: for those whom might concern:

check your SPAM folder

Edited by Stary

Sounds like there's a purchase in my future!clapping.gif

Sounds like there's a purchase in my future!clapping.gif

Same here, but I'll wait a bit for the 1st or second patch from TW.

I Wish a lot of the AI aircraft were flyable.

DISAPPOINTED ! frame rates dropped ,tears in sea tile edges ,no map :boredom: here we go again ....

The new features sound absolutely incredible! I have some questions for those who have already bought the game:

-Are carriers sinkable now? (Sounds like the Kiev can be sunk, right?)

-Any confirmation on multiple working missile launchers on ships?

-In a merged install, do the new features like TWS-targettable Phoenixes get applied to the other games?

Yes, Yes, and Yes :good:

Trying it stand-alone for the time being and here's what I've got so far -

I Like

The water effect

Sinkable Carriers

Difficulty level trying to kill a Carrier

Tree's are real objects now, just had my wing taken off by one :sad:

I Don't Like

Map shows Black

Joystick screwed up (you have to go into the control INI to change it, in-game doesn't work as it links the X/Y axis to the eject button!)

Very slow AGM-78 Missiles (from 16km it got there 5secs before a walleye released at the same time!)

All my Strike missions so far have been Anti_Ship with nothing over Iceland.

Terrain is a bit "plain" - lacking in items.

New Hawkeye voice acting & quality of recording is seriously crap!

Overall - For all its annoying faults, and there are many with the joystick one being a real pain for those who don't know how to mod it, I think it's pretty damn good. Everything bar the voice acting should/could be fixed by the 1st patch I reckon.

Edited by ianh755

Voice acting sound more like an address to the community "Guys, even you can do it!"

Big bombers arrive from the edge of the map.

The campaign isn't going well.

img00075.JPG

Then again, no one expected Soviet tanks to do this

img00061.JPG

Collateral damage? You bet!

img00070.JPG

Edited by Gr.Viper

More problems found alt+n delay and F12 view over island terrain missing same colour as sky ! :sad:

If you suffer fps drop with terrain in sight, drop horizon distance in the graphics options. Helps a little but terrain rendering is still the framerate killer.

Edited by Gr.Viper

Can someone give me a direct link to the store page please? I actually cannot see NA in the list!

EDIT: NVM, clearing cache fixed it.

Edited by Hellfire257

finally, installing...:good:

What are your specs?

Notebook

2.5 GHz Dual Core

4 GM RAM

NVIDIA GeForce M 8600GS

SF2V was running pretty smooth with going halfway to "unlimited" settings, now I still have to play and adjust to get a good framerate - still checking it out...

And what I am having heavy difficulty with, is getting my weapons fired. Seems I am one of the Oldtimers too much used to 60s/70s technology. I still have to find what exactly to do before hitting the button. In Vietnam it only was waiting for "good tone" for the 'winders and locking onto target for firing a radar guided missle. Now something still seems to be missing as even with good tone I cannot fire my 'winders (not by hitting "return", nore by pressing my assigned "2"-joystick button)... Strange...:dntknw:

But I already found a lot of other skins selectable.:good: Unfortunately my beloved Sundowners are coming without their sharkmouth...

If you suffer fps drop with terrain in sight, drop horizon distance in the graphics options. Helps a little but terrain rendering is still the framerate killer.

Even at "Near" setting I can see way further away than I used to on "Normal" I think it even shows further away than old terrains did on Far and Very Far...

With old terrains it still works as it used to, I just copied the GermanyCE.cat into NA to check it out, runs smooth as butter...

All in all we can guess into eternity, until we get the extractor we are clueless...

I just took twelwe A-4C vs the Kiev Heavy Task Force. Was a complete massacre, not a pilot survived and we did not even dent the paint on the Kiev.

Notebook

2.5 GHz Dual Core

4 GM RAM

NVIDIA GeForce M 8600GS

SF2V was running pretty smooth with going halfway to "unlimited" settings, now I still have to play and adjust to get a good framerate - still checking it out...

Can you post your settings once you get what you consider a good frame rate? My laptop specs are similar to yours.

I just took twelwe A-4C vs the Kiev Heavy Task Force. Was a complete massacre, not a pilot survived and we did not even dent the paint on the Kiev.

"In Soviet Russia, missile finds y...BLAM!"

FC

Looks promising so far. I'm low on funds at the moment, but I will definitely grab it when I get the chance!

I just took 16 A-4Bs to Kiev. Planted about 3 750-lb irons in the radar dishes, caused a fire. Got shot down on egress by some very long range green tracer gun, ejected, captured.

New run, put 10 Snakeyes in the island and below the deck. Crashed on egress.

Edited by Gr.Viper

What Gr.Viper said about terrain being framerate killer at the moment, lower seting

and horizont do fine at normal too!

Can you post your settings once you get what you consider a good frame rate? My laptop specs are similar to yours.

FC

Yup, this runs fairly well (focus on quality of aircraft - the rest turned down somewhat):

AntiAliasing=4

ForceDX9=FALSE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=4

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=2

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=0

EffectsDetail=0

TerrainDetail=0

TerrainTexture=0

HorizonDistance=0

GroundObjectDensity=0

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=0

ObjectsFade=TRUE

I still have to juggle a little...

It's a pity that lens flare cannot be turned off anymore.

And I find the map quite weird: sometimes on black background, sometimes flickering blue-whitish...

What bothers me most, is that I just can't figure out how to trigger my missles - that drags on the fun to SOME extent! Just sneaked behind a Blinder to take him down with guns, but we hit each other simultaneously (he has got a gun in the rear) and both went in...:blink:

as for controls...

after having some issues with the ingame input manager, I simply copied my controls file from my SF2E mod and voila! All works fine including my extra entries for viewlist

Looking forward very much to dig into the files and see if some of my suspicions about Campaign mechanics are correct - and if so how they work :D

first impressions :

- new water graphics is not automatically ported to the other titles of the merged install (will it be portable to the other titles somehow?)

- higher graphics options added to almost all graphics settings dropdowns. if choosen, becomes indeed heavier on the framerates

- iceland is a huge empty desert

- no coastline water transition

- small islands more like geometric splinter camo

- pit is nice but something i cant put my finger on exactly feels like kind of a notch less that the quality feel of other recent TK pits

- smth wrong with map being black in my installation

- I can't roll the Tomcat when at 09+ mach. Once at around 400kts suddenly rolls normaly

- A-7Es labeled as F-14A

- Are F-14 ejection seats correct ?

- New theme song

- Pardon, Cruiseish pilot voice ? ...

- i really would like to alter the color of the sea

- I am now sure DanW made the home screen at least (if not the whole GUI or all titles)

- Blast shields not raised on launching on saved mission ?

- Missiles not droped on Control-J ? (nessage stores dropped appears though)

(TK, you need to change those clouds already)

Edited by squid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..