Lanzfeld

ROF Claims Theft...Is It True?

33LIMA can you post those elsewhere wrong thread entirely really.

Wrong forum never mind wrong thread - ceasing and desisting now!

Wow. I just got back from a long weekend and can't believe what transpired here. Jason has certainly dug himself a hole with an unsubstantiated claim. It certainly speaks to his questionable character and poor professional judgment. I'm just sorry the good folks at OBD got their names dragged through the mud.

Thank you OBD for all you do and I admire the way you've handled these accusations with professionalism and respect to all involved. :salute:

Edited by Shiloh
  • Like 1

I have been playing Rise of Flight while I patiently :) wait for OFF 2. The only plane I have flown in Rise of Flight is the Albatross D2. The reason being is because I was taking my time to learn the plane and its' characteristics before I try another. The simulation offers alot; there are many models of planes to fly and I purchased the Field Mods for the Albatross D2. It is a great looking game and I was planning on trying the multiplayer part of Rise of Flight in the future along with other aircraft purchases and possibly other field modifications.

Unfortunately silly drama that was posted by a fool employee as an apparent joke to stir up more drama has now led me to purchase OFF Phase 3:))) as opposed to waiting for OFF2/Phase 4. I know, I am just one customer that they have lost so not a huge problem.

As someone that works in business, if I were to ever make accusations towards another business or competitor that were not true and then state that I did it to stir up a joke, I would be terminated. As I read posts here today, I agree with much of what the user Oldham has stated and appreciate his responses.

I wish the developers of OFF 2 the best as I eagerly await its' launch. In the meantime, I am going to purchase OFF phase 3:)

Have fun!

Eric

• Like 1

Hey 33LIMA,

thanks, might give First Eagles a go. But I would much rather see

a Dolphin in OFF2 - I mean, if there's a Snipe there's got to be a Dolphin, right :hyper:.

The ROF Dolphin is lovely but there's nothing to fight at altitude so

what's the bleeding point. I took one up to 20 odd thousand and

there was nothing there :boredom: .

Cheers

Welcome aboard eric. You'll find OFF:BH&H to be an outstanding product that does a wonderful job of re-creating the war (in the air and on the ground). I highly recommend you dish out the extra $9.99 if you can swing it and get the Hat in the Ring expansion. It adds a lot more features than just planes and the America squadrons. Don't forget to download the patches too!

Hellshade

Yes sir, I will be purchasing the HiTR expansion as well:) I'm looking forward to meaningful ground strike missions and dog fighting with A.I. planes that don't dive to the surface within 30 seconds:)

Unfortunately i have to wait for the DVD to be delivered but that is not a problem.

Eric

• Like 1

That was complete irresponsible, to say the least. And he's the manager...

If there 's someone to complain is OBD with the name they chose for the Hat in the Ring campaign.

I wonder what they will do when OFF 2 is released.

And welcome to Eric. :drinks:

Edited by Von Paulus
  • Like 1

Hey 33LIMA,

a Dolphin in OFF2 - I mean, if there's a Snipe there's got to be a Dolphin, right :hyper:.

Cheers

I gather plane expansion packs are being considered, so if a Dolphin doesn't make the first cut for OFF2 it may well swim into view later.

I entertain similar hopes for a DH4, a Pfalz DXII and an LVG CVI amongst others...amongst quite a lot of others in fact, integrated into the campaigns of course...all in the fullness of time, hopefully.

'Downloadable Content' seems to be quite the rage these days and there's no reason why OFF shouldn't have some, whether sold individually or in HITR-style expansion packs. The great variety in planes is one of the distinguishing features of WW1 and I for one would be very pleased to see OFF2 expand even more in that direction. I'd gladly buy packs with even the more obscure planes like the BE8 'bloater' or the Roland DII 'haifisch', even if they are available in FE2 (or RoF) too. Variety is the spice of life in the WW1 skies, and I suspect most enthusiasts will be the same. Who says you can have too much of a good thing? Not me!

Off topic I know but it wasn't a very nice topic, was it, no fault of anyone here of course.

Edited by 33LIMA

Hey 33LIMA,

Cheers

hahaha...I wish you luck with that!....The amount of hassle I caused the poor Devs in getting the Snipe into the next release, is almost legendary here! :lol:

almost? ALMOST?! You have just pushed back the boundaries of understatement WM.

almost? ALMOST?! You have just pushed back the boundaries of understatement WM.

:good::lol:

Aye, 33LIMA,

believe that is way it will work out - expansion packs/downloadable content.

I for one will be happy to pay.

+1 for the DH4.

(sorry if O/T)

As for ROF - hope they keep developing their sim, more the merrier and all that.

But I won't be buying any more content from them until the sim is comparable

with P3 (let alone OFF2).

I wonder how many dual OFF/ROF citizens there are ? must be quite a few.

Maybe there will be some more customers for OFF2 :grin:

hahaha...I wish you luck with that!....The amount of hassle I caused the poor Devs in getting the Snipe into the next release, is almost legendary here! :lol:

Widowmaker,

you are the legend.

:grin:

Holy Crap. I go away for a weekend and look what you guys get into. Can't I leave you alone for a second without you getting into trouble?

Anyway, all that having been said....here's a random beautiful P3 shot of an autumn dogfight. Can't wait for P4.

post-46046-0-27816900-1332121416.jpg

Jason was a real good guy with gogamer.com before he left it for 777 Studios. He always provided a lot of feedback at SimHq as well... about the industry in general as well as the games he was selling. I was surprised to see his comment and have no idea what he was thinking when he made it. I doubt it will affect their core business, but he has certainly lost the respect I had for him and his opinions.

Jason was a real good guy with gogamer.com before he left it for 777 Studios. He always provided a lot of feedback at SimHq as well... about the industry in general as well as the games he was selling. I was surprised to see his comment and have no idea what he was thinking when he made it. I doubt it will affect their core business, but he has certainly lost the respect I had for him and his opinions.

I'm with ya on this one streakeagle...I respected Jason when he was with GoGamer. He always struck me as very responsive...he tended to be the 'go to' guy when anyone had issues with GoGamer, and he almost always was able to help folks in a prompt and respectful manner. Also, I dealt with him personally when he was selling some of his stuff...got it for a very reasonable price and in great condition, just like he said. He struck me as 'one of us' in the flight simulation world.

It's a shame things have degraded...however, I don't know the whole story. Sometimes dealing with people can raise frustrations that can be vented, but inappropriately...

FC

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,

ROF must be bricking it over OFF2 :grin: .

I will not stop using ROF - its the only way I can get to fly a Dolphin -

(until...may I dare to hope?) but I will maintain a sneer of manly contempt throughout.

Take that, you blighters.

:punish:

Sid, why not try First Eagles, it has a Dolphin, and TK insults no-one.

Hi Sky High,

yes will definitely check FE out.

(sorry O/T again)

Cheers

It is a shame, but it's not a surprise. The only thing worse than Jason's attitude is his absolutely dismal customer service ethic. The man clearly believes he is owed some sort of God-like status in the flightsim world, and there are people from here to yonder on the web who know what I mean. I think someone above said it well by saying [sic] he has a huge grudge that RoF hasn't made him rich. He actually believes RoF was supposed to make his name legendary - a genuine delusion of grandeur. True to form, he suffers persucatory delusions as well.

He claims he/his team are the only Devs who communicate well with their customers...first of all, the folks with OBD have done just fine right here; secondly, it's a bit if a loose interpretation to say that you are good at communicating with customers when most of your (very terse and often rude) answers consist of "We can't do that," "Never going to happen", "That's not possible", "Not in the cards"...followed by assertions that we (as paying customers) have no expectation to anything. It's been proven several times that what he says is "impossible" is actually not likely to happen because it doesn't fit in with what *he* thinks should happen - as opposed to it being technically impossible, as his response implies.

(Example, 777 still maintains RoF's connection requirement was never about DRM, but was necessary as an integral part of the development itself, which could not be changed because it was part of the "core". More recently, they've trumpeted about getting rid of the online requirement - even though they haven't done so, completely. Now, if it were this 'core' part of RoF, how could it be removed without breaking the sim? That's what they said; can't get rid of it, it's a necessary part of the game design).

He lies, and he's been caught and called on it. Catch him lying, and (just like the thread referred to above) he will attempt to evade by claiming he was joking, or that he's being attacked personally (again). It's amusing and quite interesting to note that which tact he uses can be determined by which group is at hand. Normally, he's in a conflict with an individual, so it's the old "Personal attack". In the case of this thread, there were many people there, even some RoF fans were shocked by his comments - so he goes to the "I was joking" tact (and even tried a side of "I did it to draw out all the Jason haters"). But that failed, too, in this case; it was clear no one was buying it. If he's pressed - like this thread, where he finally realizes he's clearly screwed the pooch - he'll post some sob story about how we don't understand or appreciate how hard he has it...well, I don't give a damn. I didn't tell him to go into business for himself - he wants to be known as 777 the Publisher, but then cries 'personal attack' every time anyone disagrees with him or calls him on his megalomaniac BS. My relationship with Jason is not personal, so there is no 'personal attack'. I paid his company for a product, which I have a number of concerns with, and his company doesn't respond to my concerns as a customer. He routinely justifies not responding to customer complaints - even legitimate ones - by saying they (777) cannot "please everyone".

He evades straightforward questions, but claims he communicates because he provides vague, non-committing responses (hint: Not an answer, folks). Even in this thread tonight, we had to endure his being merciful enough (rolling eyes) to answer 10 questions (which the fan squad assured us were already answered anyway)...go read the 'answers'. These aren't answers...these are primarily "I don't know", "We can't say", or "We'll see". And then, somehow, he's magically exonerated from the incredibly stupid action, by (not) answering these 10 questions? The way folks were carrying on, you'd think Jason's about to tell us all the meaning of freakin' life...but instead it's another 10 non-specific answers (and not even the top-ten list of concerns within the full community, I'd wager a fair bit).

While back, Jason published some big article about his trip to Moscow, in the guise of an innocent "installment-of-many" articles on the behind-the-scenes work within the 777 team. The whole 'article' was basically a cover for his efforts to show how everyone who doesn't agree with him is wrong, from the DRM to the flight models... oddly, this was the only installment I recall seeing, which makes it all the more obvious what the "article" was really about.

And the "reviews" on some of the sites? Good Lord...better I don't get started. I'll just say some folks clearly don't understand the concept of "objectivity", and leave it at that. But, this is related to this discussion, because - somehow - Jason has convinced people far and wide that he's worthy of thier praise (at least enough that not one of them ever mentions "Oh, yeah, the guy who publishes this sim is a jerk...")

No sir, I think Jason's gotten far better treatment from most than he really deserves. This whole episode to me just more or less proves exactly the sort of person he is. And, I wouldn't be so quick to just dismiss the whole thing as he had a few drinks or was just having a bad day...naw, it ain't that simple, folks. What that little voice in the back of your mind is telling you...well, you know for yourself, it isn't wrong...

• Like 2

And of course, now he himself has closed the thread - saying he apologized...funny, I see no such apology...

What a...so-and-so *whew* Sorry folks, like others above I am just livid with this individual and all his crap right now.

EDIT: Whoops, on carefully searching I did find where he changed his stunning remarks (though I'm sure it was more an attempt to osbcure than anything else). And he does go on to apologize, but only with the caveat that it "...got the intended response which after two years of getting beat up and villified is fun to do on occasion". Get this, he's not apologizing because he made a totally stupid and inappropriate remark...he's saying "Sorry if the trap I laid was so clever that you all took it too seriously"...

Now do any of us really believe his original comment was actually intended - all along - to 'draw out the haters' or whatever?

Folks,I submit that the man is adding insult to injury, implying that you are all too stupid to see through such a lame-a$$ excuse.

Un. Freakin'. Believable.

Edited by Tamper

And of course, now he himself has closed the thread - saying he apologized...funny, I see no such apology...

What a...so-and-so *whew* Sorry folks, like others above I am just livid with this individual and all his crap right now.

Un. Freakin'. Believable.

And the gestalt of the RoF thread is that we've just witnessed Jason do a "Charlie Sheen".

Very sad IMHO.

plug_nickel

"I made a poor statement here to stir up an argument, that it did, but I should have used a different one. What I said here is untrue as was simply a repeat of what someone elese told me.

Jason"