Well remember all, the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) on patching:

1. Back up your mod folder.

2. Install patch.

3. Install mods one or two at a time.

4. Check results, if no go, edit as needed or remove mod altogether until fix is found.

5. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I can venture to say about 75% of all problems post patching is not following the above. Time consuming yes. Results more satisfying.

• Like 1

From IcelandNA.CAT, there seems to be quite a few target areas that are populated with targets, these were just empty areas before..

*_MAP.JPG files are used for every grid space to draw the in-game map.

Changes in icelandna_data.ini. April patch on the left, original release on the right.

post-30257-0-49159300-1333472885.jpg

Edited by PureBlue

Wait, does it actually say "foilage"?

it's unused yet... my tests with it had no luck so far

Guys is it me, or when having ObjectsFade=True, post patch distance is now shorter than in March12 one?

also, and I'm pissed here, now trees AGAIN float above ground when you don't disable the shaders in the terains _data.ini

nope it's there for perhaps future usage... might be not yet implemented fully or removed before release,kind of development leftover

Seems ok, SF2 Maverick zoom now as it should be (thank you god!), new effects (not too sure i like the missile trails . . .), enemy pilots hit the silk just before they either pile in, or explode, speaking of explode - the destroyed aircraft now explodes in a shower of sparks as well as aircraft parts (i can vouch for the authenticity of that effect . . i have been witness to an aircraft being "re-kitted", never forget it! ), flame trails are a little too contrasty, but hey-ho!

AI now seems a little more bloodthirsty (or i was just not "in the zone"), and the vortice trails by gun rounds are a little heavy.

Looking forward to what other changes i notice.

As a sideline, some of my terrains now cause a CTD, whereas others are fine. . . . . . hmmm.

All those things in bold and italics I believe are from Stary's effects pack and not from the TW patch.

yep seem like some of my effects work

Cheers Dave, cures the single ship issue for me. I still can't get Land Strike missions, even when I select an airport to blow up via the Editor it still sets me off against a ship when the mission starts :dntknw:

Edited by ianh755

i think thats because teh NA map is set to Naval Only.. or some such parameter.

no easter bunnies in the patch.... booooooo

Are cargo ships sinkable again?

Does that include us people who haven't got the scratch to upgrade to Win7 and haven't got NA yet?

The blast deflectors still don't deploy on the carrier, do they?

The blast deflectors still don't deploy on the carrier, do they?

Still single missions only...

Ian

Make sure there is no enemy ships and you will be able to attack land targets.

as has been outlined elsewhere, in several posts about the non-sinkable cargoships and tankers....

if you have an 08 or 06 level object cat, extract the 2 lods:

cargoship.lod

tanker.lod

place them IN their respective /GroundObjects folders (ie: /Cargoshop and /Tanker)

RENAME each lod as follows:

cargoship_col.lod

tanker_col.lod

extratify and place IN both the ship's folders!, their respective data inis...

add the following lines in the GroundObjectData section in EACh data ini...

CollisionMesh=CargoShip_COL.lod

and

CollisionMesh=tanker_col.lod

Edited by Wrench

im nto gonna mess with the april patch until im done filtering the AWACs voice.

as has been outlined elsewhere, in several posts about the non-sinkable cargoships and tankers....

if you have an 08 or 06 level object cat, extract the 2 lods:

cargoship.lod

tanker.lod

place them IN their respective /GroundObjects folders (ie: /Cargoshop and /Tanker)

RENAME each lod as follows:

cargoship_col.lod

tanker_col.lod

extratify and place IN both the ship's folders!, their respective data inis...

add the following lines in the GroundObjectData section in EACh data ini...

CollisionMesh=CargoShip_COL.lod

and

CollisionMesh=tanker_col.lod

Once again, the users have to fix something that a patch didn't.

WTF???

I want SF:NA but am sick of the crap that TK is allowing to be released without proper testing.

:dntknw:

what can I say?? many of us would be happy to volenteer.

:dntknw:

what can I say?? many of us would be happy to volenteer.

I know. Sadly, we're all paying to do it.

I know. Sadly, we're all paying to do it.

Or rather-we got what we paid for. I'm a realist but consider the fact that sims don't make a profit allowing TK to buy Ferraris. I'm quite sure there was no ill intent in the release but rather he needed funds to continue to develop this. It was in a releasable state, albeit with a few more bugs than normal. I'm glad for the new effects and avionics that are in there, they add to the realism. I fully agree exploding A-7s on the cat and taking SAMs from Soviet ships 1/4 a mile away on the cat are not acceptable, but you belive this will get fixed. If you require a perfect game with many more features, then please get a lawsuit and sue us all for an extra $30 for every TK sim we ever purchased, as well as many thousands more for those few that robbed his Thirdwire models for their own gain. If we were all charged $60 forthis game, and it was purchased by every one who purchased any Falcon or Lomac title, we would have had a much more sable game at release. I'm very happy for the way TK handles his business. Man I sound like a TK fanboi. I don't mean too, but we need to keep in perspective the whole picture instead of "gimme perfect NOW!" I don't support intentionally releasing in a buggy state to make the public beta test(SWTOR anyone?), but I do believe in releasing as soon as possible in order keep the lights on and food on the table so to speak.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Turkeydriver,

I respect your opinion and comments. I've been a supporter of TK and his sims since EAW. Either by modding, skinning and by purchasing. I, along with many here, went through the whole WalMart release fiasco and have stuck by him since. However, when he decided to not trust us to include his fan base as testers and bug finders and fired off his beta team, he opened himself up for criticism from the same people who could have helped him maintain the once high standards (and BTW have never been acknowledged by him as keeping this series alive). Instead, he now releases for sale, semi-broke games thatwhen patched, break as many things as fix. He's rejected the offers from many of us to help him for free. And when most of us have said that we'd gladly pay a higher price for his sims, he rejected that as well. So instead we get a $30 sim that will take several more patches to fix things that never should have made it out the door. This has become a disturbing trend for well over a year.

I hold on to hope that things will get fixed by him. SF:NA has been a welcomed addition since it was announced. But the terrain/FPS issues and lack of terrain detail, plus the other bugs is a deal breaker.

I may be the odd man out, but I stand by my thoughts.

Turkeydriver,

I respect your opinion and comments. I've been a supporter of TK and his sims since EAW. Either by modding, skinning and by purchasing. I, along with many here, went through the whole WalMart release fiasco and have stuck by him since. However, when he decided to not trust us to include his fan base as testers and bug finders and fired off his beta team, he opened himself up for criticism from the same people who could have helped him maintain the once high standards (and BTW have never been acknowledged by him as keeping this series alive). Instead, he now releases for sale, semi-broke games thatwhen patched, break as many things as fix. He's rejected the offers from many of us to help him for free. And when most of us have said that we'd gladly pay a higher price for his sims, he rejected that as well. So instead we get a $30 sim that will take several more patches to fix things that never should have made it out the door. This has become a disturbing trend for well over a year.

I hold on to hope that things will get fixed by him. SF:NA has been a welcomed addition since it was announced. But the terrain/FPS issues and lack of terrain detail, plus the other bugs is a deal breaker.

I may be the odd man out, but I stand by my thoughts.

Point well taken. I didn't know he fired his beta team and refused testers......though I'm sure its because of the people who used his work for other games( I don't know the exact details-but someone exported some/parts of his models for other games?). I thinks he knows basically the majority of posters would pay $50 or more for a polished sim, but he understands his limitations in development and that he can only survive in this end of the market. I'll admit I'm disappointed with the bugs, and I think the turkey FM needs some tweaking (roll anyone?) I've played EAW and SF;P1 from the walmart release as well. I'm just a bit jaded and want Thirdwire to grow and improve. Your criticism is valid, thanks for taking time to explain it to me.

Once again, the users have to fix something that a patch didn't.

WTF???

I want SF:NA but am sick of the crap that TK is allowing to be released without proper testing.

Testing?, What testing? there are no more Beta Testers anymore, are there?

im nto gonna mess with the april patch until im done filtering the AWACs voice.

I must admit, this is something I eagerly look forward to... :drinks: