I took the bird to the test. How good is the Rafale, really? :cool:

Rules:

Best of 3

No guided weapons; Guns only.

ECM / RADAR Allowed

Challenger is defensive first round and offensive the second. Tiebreaker round is head to head.

Presenting the Challenger; the Flagship of the Air Forces of Sweden, South Africa and Thailand, the SAAB 39 Gripen have issued challenge to the Dassault Rafale, The Twin Engine monster of France, recently purchased by India.

It is time to settle once and for all who is deserving of the Brazilian contract... :salute:

• Like 1

Wow there is a lot of things Whiteboy ! lol.gifblink.gif i'll be fixing it soon. i also found a problem in the "CastoringGear", because it's rotating in the wrong axis.

Well Whiteboy, you can suggest a missile to replace the Apache? grin.gif

And it's going to be the ARMAT as anti-radiation? it's your call guys!

one more question: the Naval version ( RafaleM) use the same loadout or it's different?

Thanks to everybody!

Edited by cadeteBRA

O modelo é incrível !!!! Mas ele não esta perdendo energia nas manobras , o rafale é tão bom assim ? Eu gostaria de ajudar mas infelizmente o trabalha e a esposa não deixa, rsrs (te amo meu amor!) ... Meu amigo sabe sobre algum modelo de mirage F-1 ? O que exite é muito ruin. abraço !

O modelo é incrível !!!! Mas ele não esta perdendo energia nas manobras , o rafale é tão bom assim ? Eu gostaria de ajudar mas infelizmente o trabalha e a esposa não deixa, rsrs (te amo meu amor!) ... Meu amigo sabe sobre algum modelo de mirage F-1 ? O que exite é muito ruin. abraço !

acho que eu coloquei pouco drag nas curvas, mas vou corrigir isso. grin.gif

eu nao sei de nenhum outro Mirage F1 além do que está sendo feito pelo TK.

Great work Heberth! And what a good-looking machine the Rafale is!

• Like 1

acho que eu coloquei pouco drag nas curvas, mas vou corrigir isso. grin.gif

eu nao sei de nenhum outro Mirage F1 além do que está sendo feito pelo TK.

E aí Brazucas!!! CadeteBRA, vou te pedir na nossa lingua porque tem neguinho aqui chato praca. Dizem que eu só peço e reclamo... Será que dá pra tu consertar nariz e a deriva do Jaguar e fazer um frances? É pouco trabalho mas a maior dificuldade é contatar o dono do 3D original e pedir a autorização. Como eu disse, aqui é a capital mundial do ego! Abração!

• Like 2

E aí Brazucas!!! CadeteBRA, vou te pedir na nossa lingua porque tem neguinho aqui chato praca. Dizem que eu só peço e reclamo... Será que dá pra tu consertar nariz e a deriva do Jaguar e fazer um frances? É pouco trabalho mas a maior dificuldade é contatar o dono do 3D original e pedir a autorização. Como eu disse, aqui é a capital mundial do ego! Abração!

Puxa cara, eu tou meio que sem tempo para outros projetos, pois ainda tenho os outros rafales pra terminar e tenho outros projetos tambem... mas talvez no futuro( não é certeza) eu peço e faço isso ok?

Abraços

Puxa cara, eu tou meio que sem tempo para outros projetos, pois ainda tenho os outros rafales pra terminar e tenho outros projetos tambem... mas talvez no futuro( não é certeza) eu peço e faço isso ok?

Abraços

Cara, tá ótimo assim! Valeu!

small tweek to the textureset.ini, and main ini

replase the Squadron= lilne with this:

Squadron=7-1FAF

should activate the correct display (especially when using the 'cheater' decal -attached!)

unzip and drop the sqtail.tga into the TOP of the /Decals folder (ie: Decals/SqTail.tga)

add this to the decals ini:

[Decal011]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Decals/SqTail

Position=0.0,0.0

Scale=0.00000.1

DecalMaxLOD=2

this is VERY cool! Congrats!

edit: I also changed the animation key for the canopy to shift/0. It's what all the modders have been doing.

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

small tweek to the textureset.ini, and main ini

replase the Squadron= lilne with this:

Squadron=7-1FAF

should activate the correct display (especially when using the 'cheater' decal -attached!)

unzip and drop the sqtail.tga into the TOP of the /Decals folder (ie: Decals/SqTail.tga)

add this to the decals ini:

[Decal011]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Decals/SqTail

Position=0.0,0.0

Scale=0.00000.1

DecalMaxLOD=2

this is VERY cool! Congrats!

edit: I also changed the animation key for the canopy to shift/0. It's what all the modders have been doing.

Thanks Wrench! +1 for the helpSalute.gif

I'm learning how to make those smalls details like this one, from a PM:

''Do you plan to add the IRM/AHM launch rails to the underwing pylons on the Rafale?''

The question is: can i make this in the model, like the fuel tank or i must create a weapon with separated .lod?

any help are welcome!!!!!!!

Edit: i get a answer about the Rail! i'll be fixing it

Edited by cadeteBRA

Nice plane but something has me stumped.. can anyone tell me why the AGM get mounted backwards in the game? and how to fix it?

Hi there, which AGM's is this happening with? There was a problem with Brimstones mounted backwards but I haven't seen any others with this problem.

An update will come in march for the whole Rafale family ;)

So far I hope, i will have finished some small parts and will send it to the main Rafale team and they will judge ;)

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 4

Hi there, which AGM's is this happening with? There was a problem with Brimstones mounted backwards but I haven't seen any others with this problem.

The Brimstone wont load for some reason but i can load them from the drop down menu ( if i started with I.e. Typhoon and switch to the rafale)and the game keeps on loading AGM-65D/E. If i select them from the drop down they're ok but if i let the game loads them its backwards.

The brimstone loading backwards is a known fault, it's the Launcher causing the issue as it's been programmed wrong - Here's the fix - http://combatace.com...one-3-pack-fix/

However, Brimstone is a UK/RAF weapon and therefore won't be available to the French/NATO Rafale as UK/RAF weapons are not programmed into the Rafale_data.ini. This is what is causing the the drop down issue, it can't use brimstone (even though it'll show up because you've selected a RAF typhoon) so it uses the nearest French/NATO EOGR that it can find, which is the AGM-65.

If you want to use brimstone you'll either have to change the Rafale_Data.ini to allow UK weapons OR change the Brimstone Missile & Launcher Data.ini's so it's exported to France.

Both are simple to do but If you need any help with those just ask on here and we'll help out as best as we can.

Edited by ianh755

The brimstone loading backwards is a known fault, it's the Launcher causing the issue as it's been programmed wrong - Here's the fix - http://combatace.com...one-3-pack-fix/

However, Brimstone is a UK/RAF weapon and therefore won't be available to the French/NATO Rafale as UK/RAF weapons are not programmed into the Rafale_data.ini. This is what is causing the the drop down issue, it can't use brimstone (even though it'll show up because you've selected a RAF typhoon) so it uses the nearest French/NATO EOGR that it can find, which is the AGM-65.

If you want to use brimstone you'll either have to change the Rafale_Data.ini to allow UK weapons OR change the Brimstone Missile & Launcher Data.ini's so it's exported to France.

Both are simple to do but If you need any help with those just ask on here and we'll help out as best as we can.

Thanks for the reply. i have the Brimstone set for France with the Weapons editor. will try to add UK/RAF to the attachment type.

As for the Weapons mounted backwards, will the fix work on the AGM-65 as well? In my case the AGM-65 is the one mounted backwards. i was thinking it was an issue with the Rafales data

attachment type is RAF. There is no UK nation

Thanks for the reply. i have the Brimstone set for France with the Weapons editor. will try to add UK/RAF to the attachment type.

As for the Weapons mounted backwards, will the fix work on the AGM-65 as well? In my case the AGM-65 is the one mounted backwards. i was thinking it was an issue with the Rafales data

No it's just fixes the brimstone launcher. I'll be honest I've never seen an AGM-65 mount backwards. Is it just the D/E version it does it with?

***EDIT*** is the AGM-65 loading on the brimstone launcher or is it single or on on a stock TLR?

Edited by ianh755