Im sure Kev can help you with this one. He knows where to find lots of info. BTW great job on your F-5 , looking forward to it. :drinks:

Forgive me Veltro2K, but who is Kev? (I know I'm an ignorant bastage.. :blackeye: How do I contact him?

Muy bien.

I can't wait to play with this beautiful bird.

Thanks for the encouragement Muy bien, but it'll be months before I get the model anywhere near release..

No worries, between you with the F-5A and Centurion with the A-37 (I love my little fighters), I am going to be coming back to SF2.

• Like 1

Kev = Wrench aka Kevin Stein

Oooops!!! I know the legend ... ehm "The Wrench" Sorry, just not good with 1st names .. ok; I'll stop putting my foot in my mouth now ....

No worries, between you with the F-5A and Centurion with the A-37 (I love my little fighters), I am going to be coming back to SF2.

I too am seriously looking forward to Centurion's A-37!!!!

I also have an F-5 cockpit in works, it's a CF-5A cockpit, yours looks very good so far btw. :good:

• Like 1

I also have an F-5 cockpit in works, it's a CF-5A cockpit, yours looks very good so far btw. :good:

Ooooooh! I'd love to see it! Coming from you it'll be darn good!! Maybe we could talk about commonality? I'm thinking of super-detailing mine .. perhaps we could avoid duplication of labour?

Ooooooh! I'd love to see it! Coming from you it'll be darn good!! Maybe we could talk about commonality? I'm thinking of super-detailing mine .. perhaps we could avoid duplication of labour?

I think some level of cooperation would be quite cool actually, here's a picture of a crude wip in-game, it has more elements but they are not mapped so the don't show up in game...drop me a PM or something so we can arrange something :)

gallery_3270_118_3525.jpg

• Like 1

I think some level of cooperation would be quite cool actually, here's a picture of a crude wip in-game, it has more elements but they are not mapped so the don't show up in game...drop me a PM or something so we can arrange something :)

gallery_3270_118_3525.jpg

Outstanding work!!!!! :good: You have a pm ....

Hello all,

just a small update, getting all the details into the cockpit. There's plenty more to do .. I'm also thrilled to say that Brain32 and I are joining forces to complete the cockpit!

• Like 2

Haha that stick is crazy hi-poly, but also incredibly nice looking! This plane's gonna rock!

Haha that stick is crazy hi-poly, but also incredibly nice looking! This plane's gonna rock!

Hello Centurion-1, it's not as high-poly as one might think. With only one meshmooth iteration, the polycount is just under a K

Holy Moly, that is simply επικό!I've wanted to get started with 3D modelling ever since I was like 10, but all I can do for now is some sketchup basic models.

Again, great work.Looking forward to downloading it!

Edited by thodouras95

Couldn't be more excited with the news here. Thank you both in advance ! :airplane:

Thanks all for your encouragement!

Finally .. I think I've got the control column done .. it wasn't easy:)

post-37542-0-72954300-1349033313_thumb.jpg

Good stuff...one tip...when u have finished each mesh...look at it from behind and delete any polys you cant see from front...suprising how many you can remove and reduce the total count by.

Good stuff...one tip...when u have finished each mesh...look at it from behind and delete any polys you cant see from front...suprising how many you can remove and reduce the total count by.

Thanks for the tip:)

No problem...the joystick looks good from back but you wont see all the work u did ... :)

No problem...the joystick looks good from back but you wont see all the work u did ... :)

You're right there RussoUK2004, but who knows? it may be that we some day get the type of views we had in FSX where you can pan around the cockpit .. or for the sake of dynamic shadows in the pit, we'll have to have closed mesh.

You're right there RussoUK2004, but who knows? it may be that we some day get the type of views we had in FSX where you can pan around the cockpit .. or for the sake of dynamic shadows in the pit, we'll have to have closed mesh.

We will never have that. It will cost to much money! ^^

BTW, great work!!! :good:

Hello all!

No time during the week for any work, but I've made some progress thus far over the weekend ..

• Like 1

Here's another pic of the throttle quadrant ..

Hope to be finished soon with the modeling of the pit; then I can do some texture work! :biggrin:

post-37542-0-83011900-1349638863_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet!

One thing...you may want to take a look at my T-38A cockpit I did. The MAX file is available in the Modder's section and you may be able to use some of the stuff I did for it since a lot of the parts for the F-5A and T-38A were similar.

FC

Sweet!

One thing...you may want to take a look at my T-38A cockpit I did. The MAX file is available in the Modder's section and you may be able to use some of the stuff I did for it since a lot of the parts for the F-5A and T-38A were similar.

FC

Thankyou very much FastCargo! Your own tremendous work on the F-5 (especially like the 2-seaters) was a true inspiration!

I'd love to see your work .. off to look for it now :biggrin:

Roger on the T-38 similarities; I've used many T-38 pics for reference already.