I visited Crete a couple of weeks ago and there was at least one Blue Ghost painted F-5 as a gate guard outside Iraklion airport (air base?).

sophocles your might just spark me again to modeling right im non modeling mood for sereval weeks burn out maybe dont know?

wait for your relase egarly

I visited Crete a couple of weeks ago and there was at least one Blue Ghost painted F-5 as a gate guard outside Iraklion airport (air base?).

OMG!!!!! That can't have been there for long, this is the first I've heard about it.. and can''t say it's been that long since I went to the airport .. or has it?

Guess whose going digital photo-taking this weekend?:salute:

Edited by sophocles

sophocles your might just spark me again to modeling right im non modeling mood for sereval weeks burn out maybe dont know?

wait for your relase egarly

Hello cocas,

I used to texture years ago for FSX projects and I know the "burn out" feeling, sometimes it'd take months to pick up the brushes again .. though I hope you're rested enough to want to get back into it. This is game is wonderful despite the various frustrations.

Of course release won't be for a long way yet; there's the finishing off of little modelling details, the mapping of the remainder, the decal placement, the animating, the cockpit (....and its animations), the final texture templates, the planned paint schemes ...phew!

you really do have it with texturing and overall you are already at a good percentage there and obviously you do own the modelling too good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Hello cocas,

I used to texture years ago for FSX projects and I know the "burn out" feeling, sometimes it'd take months to pick up the brushes again .. though I hope you're rested enough to want to get back into it. This is game is wonderful despite the various frustrations.

Of course release won't be for a long way yet; there's the finishing off of little modelling details, the mapping of the remainder, the decal placement, the animating, the cockpit (....and its animations), the final texture templates, the planned paint schemes ...phew!

thanks

you really do have it with texturing and overall you are already at a good percentage there and obviously you do own the modelling too good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

:drinks: Thanks for the encouragement. ... I wish I knew more; adjusting the pivot points on the control surfaces is killing me! Does anyone know how to perfectly align a pivot to a particular edge in Max? (not manually .. it's useless)

:drinks: Thanks for the encouragement. ... I wish I knew more; adjusting the pivot points on the control surfaces is killing me! Does anyone know how to perfectly align a pivot to a particular edge in Max? (not manually .. it's useless)

Not sure what kind of problem are you facing but did you try the align tool?

It's Tools---->Align

Not sure what kind of problem are you facing but did you try the align tool?

It's Tools---->Align

Brain32, you got me thinking and while in edit pivot mode I started playing with the snap tools and either my hand was extremely steady or the snap to edge toggle did it .. most probably the latter; I'm currently experimenting.

Thanks a heap :good:

Hello all,

I've not posted in a while .. been busy re-mapping the fuselage, mapping the remainder of the external model, re-doing the fuselage textures in higher res , discovering that my trailing edge flaps were cut out incorrectly and having to model the best part of the wing .. again, and finishing up the panel line/rivet/stencil templates.

To add to that I was having a few problems exporting, but that's now taken care of. Here's a couple of in-game shots.

Still have plenty to do, just thought I'd post an update.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello,

... very good!!! :good:

Coupi.

progressing nicely!

Hello all,

Just a little update; I've got the animations sorted out and the plane now sits nicely on the ground (now just to unravel the rest of the flight model .. I know next to nothing on this so may take a while..) Also nearly finished this version's external model. I think I'll start on the cockpit for a bit of a break before modelling the other versions. I've also just added the wing pylons and some 150/275 gallon tanks.

Regards

post-37542-0-52743000-1343335769.jpg

• Like 2

Very beautiful!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Salute.gifSalute.gif with this, i wont have to wait for one from TK after Mirage F1 :D good.gif

Thanks to all for your encouragement :salute: Weekend's here! hope to have an initial view of the cockpit by Sunday.

Regards

Keep up the great work! Loving this so far!

Hello all! After suffering some burnout for about 6 weeks I've fallen in love with my project again.

Here's a first glimpse of the cockpit ..

Anyone know what the standard gunsight was for one of these? All the pics I have show different ones?

• Like 1

Also, does anyone know a site which details modern era (1960s-70s) us aircraft gauges and graphics?

Thanks in advance

Also, does anyone know a site which details modern era (1960s-70s) us aircraft gauges and graphics?

Thanks in advance

Im sure Kev can help you with this one. He knows where to find lots of info. BTW great job on your F-5 , looking forward to it. :drinks:

Muy bien.

I can't wait to play with this beautiful bird.