Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

I was just wondering if there were anymore Sovremenny WIP pictures? And also this thread is too far down the page for my liking. :biggrin:

I see there's a Lexington CV over at A-Team now. Maybe someone could do one over here at CA for those who cannot down load models at A-Team.

The 8 inch turrets had been removed in early 42 -- so, they shouldn't be there for Coral Sea. replaces by batteries of 1.1 quad mounts

nice looking model, though

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! got banned from there for forgettin to NOT download WoA and its update on the same day.

You too?

Could you do a Godzilla mod?

it would be nice to see the giant monster blasting iceland and we pilots bombarding it.

• Like 1

Could you do a Godzilla mod?

it would be nice to see the giant monster blasting iceland and we pilots bombarding it.

given the state of the iceland terrain I say let Godzilla destroy it,it can't look any worse. :wink:

• Like 1

Alrighty keep it on topic...

Much as I honestly think whiteknight's comment made my day lets steer (pun intended) back to talking about ships.

• Like 1

I just down loaded a North Atlantic 1969 campaign. The Albany and Boston CGs would be perfect fits for it. Can hardly wait for them.

• Like 1

Real life has really gotten in the way for me, so I haven't touched Strike Fighters in quite a while. Sorry for the endless delays. The Sovy is being a huge pain to unwrap and skin, so I'm going to have to redo some parts of the model to make things more bearable.Hopefully colmack will have some nice Cold War cruisers for us while I get my butt back in gear.

You know, I actually considered a Godzilla mod-- The problem is, there's no way to do complex animations (i.e. walking, moving arms, opening mouth to roar, etc.), so even a guy in a rubber costume would look far more lifelike!

• Like 2

I Most humbly request a WW2 ArkRoyal to chase down a Bismarck Battleship please? :biggrin:

Dels and ace888's recent release has inspired me to get off my lazy butt and back to work.

Currently testing for shadow issues before I start final detailing and skinning:

post-33721-0-74321200-1368381125_thumb.jpg

And we need more Japanese ships, so I'm putting this together as a side project:

post-33721-0-70811400-1368381132.jpg

• Like 10

Testing out the Asagiri. She's now ready for a paint job.

post-33721-0-38556300-1368625906_thumb.jpg

Weapons are fully functional already. One 76mm gun, Sea Sparrows, anti-ship missiles (RGM-84C or SSM-1B), Phalanx, ASROC and torpedoes (non-functional).

post-33721-0-86554700-1368625909_thumb.jpg

The Asagiri class is one of Japan's most numerous and modern destroyer designs. Commissioned in the late 80s/early 90s, they are about the size of an Oliver Hazard Perry, and similar in role and capabilities.

post-33721-0-28881700-1368625913_thumb.jpg

I think this ship will actually be done before the Sovremenny, because A) I have more and better reference photos, and B) I took a lazy route when doing the Sovy mesh so unwrapping it is an absolute nightmare. They'll be finished by summer in any case.

• Like 5

WW2's might be a nice change of pace if you want a break from modern sometime. :biggrin:

JMSDF for the win

• Like 1

Well I put Albany in the DL I hope she floats n fights OK, have fun n don't be to ruff on her she is an old lady

post-2710-0-17312200-1368755830_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the upload, colmack. I hope you continue to work on it and give us updates like I often do with my ships.

Just a quick fix if you're using my weapons pack: Make sure the Tartar launchers point to RIM-24B, as that was the model available when the class was commissioned. I think the data.ini just has "RIM-24" at the moment.

Detailing on Asagiri is done, skinning in progress. (I started with weapons because my priorities are skewed :P)

post-33721-0-73232000-1368804096_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Just a thought WBS... the Newport class LST series of ships would be a great addition to SF2NA.