Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

The Next Skin Pack from TK.

The best pilots don't even need bullets. They can maneuver in such a way as to evade enemy attacks and force the enemy to crash.

In SF, it is actually very easy to get AI to hit the ground if you dogfight way down low.

If you can keep a MiG chasing you in afterburner long enough, he won't make it home.

But of course, that doesn't work in SF since the AI never crashes due to fuel shortages.

Yeah but get on their six and they'll adopt a Fatalist attitude and just shoot at him until he goes down. Though that previous sentence was born out of the ME problems and getting annoyed at a lack of a fight...

Edited by EricJ

In SF, it is actually very easy to get AI to hit the ground if you dogfight way down low.

It's even easier, if you just park in some forest/city and wait. The deadliest tactic.

It's even easier, if you just park in some forest/city and wait. The deadliest tactic.

:lol:

Yes, as much as it has improved since WoI and SF2, the AI still has many flaws dating back to the original SFP1... and even picked up a few new odd behaviors as old problems were addressed.

The OV-10 with 'Winders is a pretty good 'dogfighter' down in the mud too. MiG rolls in. MiG misses. MiG flys past. 'Winder growls. 'Winder flys up MiG's tailpipe.

Home for tea and medals... :dntknw:

Camper :lol: Only thought this was a tactic used in FPS games in multiplay

Camper :lol: Only thought this was a tactic used in FPS games in multiplay

Weren't those funny helicopters invented just for that? At least one Phantom got caught this way :rofl:

Folks, he makes these skins because they sell.

Because they provide a good cost/benefit ratio (less time/money for revenue generated).

Because Stary, you are not a causal user. You are not the audience those skins are for.

Because missiles with enhanced hit percentages are not meant for hardcore simulation fanatics.

I thought more folks would have picked up on the fact that TK has been doing DLCs like this now for several months. If they weren't selling, making money, he would have given up on them.

He's still selling them, and pumping them out quickly.

Skin DLCs are a great money maker. Once you have the templates, throwing out a skin takes very little time. Oh, and it doesn't alter the game engine with a patch, so it satisfies those who do have modded installs because it doesn't screw them up either (as far as I know).

To an extent, we have become victims of TKs continued success in the TW sims.

The audience has grown outside of the original hardcore simmers that picked up those sorry ass Wal-Mart editions so long ago. There are more causal users now. We here are no longer the big fish in a little pond...the pond is at least a lake.

Don't believe me? Look at the other, non technically minded things TK has done with the sim. In game update notifications, web based installer, DLC skin packs, etc.

Our voices are the same...but they are becoming less and less relevant to the overall business model.

This is all conjecture on my part. But someone here make a compelling, logical argument that what I'm saying isn't probable.

FC

Totally agree - the business model is GAME because that's where the money is - despite TK being a devout aviation enthusiast he has to put food on the table at the end of the day so no problem.

DCS seems like the alternative for the hard core - but for others maybe there is no alternative - unless you time freeze your SF2 at a certain patch but then newer drivers dont work etc.

Maybe he should stop SF2 where it is and just dev the mobile game. The mobile games can be SF3 which I would gather is going to be Windows 8 so will run on tablets and PCs.

This is all conjecture on my part. But someone here make a compelling, logical argument that what I'm saying isn't probable.

FC

That would be all quite possible in reality if TK's games were "good to go" out of the box. But the sad truth is that these games are only "good to go" in TK's personal reality. I think he has had a lot of new sales but those folks are coming away from the purchase feeling disappointed.

If I had not found Combat Ace my copy of wings over Vietnam would have went in the garbage. As the stock game looked very bad by 2005 standards felt somewhat ripped off...and I would have never bought all of his other titles. ...as I did when I found out you could make the games look pretty damn good if you modded the install.

In my assessment TK Takes the path of least resistance. Some people take great personal pride in pushing them selves to create something that was greater than anything they ever thought they were capable of, they do what they do because it is in their heart and they love it . Others are afraid to step out of their comfort zone, still others are bull headed and cannot see what is right before them or care what their customer base wants.

If there was a huge wave of new loyal customers over at third wire you would see all of the new faces on the forums. You know who i see over there? All of you folks and a few people from capuns site or Sim HQ... thats about it exept for that freaking troll that keeps resurfacing with a new screen name every week.

• Like 1

If there was a huge wave of new loyal customers over at third wire you would see all of the new faces on the forums. You know who i see over there? All of you folks and a few people from capuns site or Sim HQ... thats about it exept for that freaking troll that keeps resurfacing with a new screen name every week.

Not necessarily true at all.

I've enjoyed the following games over the years:

Half Life series

Team Fortress 2

Portal series

Mass Effect series

Call of Duty series

Company of Heroes series

MS Flight Sim series

I could go on.

But I have not joined the forums of any of those games. Because they worked well enough for my needs as they were...even some of the most buggy releases I have seen.

FC

Skin DLC´s???? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

As i 1st read this I thought it was a bad Joke...

I won´t get em.

Skin DLC´s???? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

As i 1st read this I thought it was a bad Joke...

I won´t get em.

what, you don't want them? Or maybe you're skilled enought to make your own? yeah sure, what are you, modder or something? :lol:

j/k Carlo :grin:

seeing as at this pace DLC degrades from Expansion packs (hello Mirage F1! howdy?) through "new" models of existing planes to just skins, next type of DLC really will be ini adjustments... do I have to say that would mean stock inis gets loc... naaa, won't say that

what are you, modder or something? :lol:

Jip.... :cool:

But i totally agree with you, Mirage F.1, where are you????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

And They should spend more time on working on the new terrain engine.

The new engine has no advantages for me till now...

I´m a bit frustrated of the way Thirdwire goes in the last few month.

Next DLC, Decal sets or something like that??? :blink:

Next DLC, Decal sets or something like that??? :blink:

Kill markings!

customizable tracers colours! Red green pink or blue!

Not sure - I would think most would probably only go to the effort of finding and registering for the forums if there was a problem. Now with Facebook etc even less will find it.

And only then they make requests through the Facebook page, like the PAK-FA. Of course it's hard just telling people the one (IIRC) got removed because it was an Inksy jet and the BANIDOS team is taking it's time getting it's version out. And any problems I've seen were brought up on the FB page anyway, so it's a crapshoot. More than likely the members are on the forums, but just to download jets and the like they see advertised on the FB page.

Blue Angels? I might get it for my 3yr old. I put him in enemy-free environments with no weapons and let him fly around. He saw the Blue Angels in some kid video about planes, and whenever I ask what plane he wants to fly, he says "a Blue Angel one". :grin:

Otherwise, I only want DLC that fits into an existing theatre! I appreciated the way the Mirage5BA was plugged into the 1979 Europe campaign. Isn't it time to give th Mirage5F the same treatment that the IIIC got?

...and if SF2 gets too casual, I suppose I'll be needing a Windows 7 legacy machine in 10 years. :dntknw: I will survive the Tablet Apocalypse.

Edited by arthur666

The next DLC will be focused on the Area88 anime.

This feature will increase the immersion factor by giving the feel of being the real Shin Kazama. :lol:

post-16385-0-49423600-1341748739.jpg

Does it come with optional anime physics?

Does it come with optional anime physics?

Probably a new physics engine will cost way too much.... :grin: