Sign in to follow this  
Centurion-1

Show us your Mercenary skins!

Well, simple enough, I was wondering if anyone else had a bunch of mercenary skins made just for the heck of it or some what if flying. I am going to start off, I would love it if it would result in some kind of merc skin pack! There are very few merc skins for DL, which is too bad. Ultimately, I would like to make a campaign of just merc units against each other, if we can amass enough skins!

If you got back storys or proposed mods share them! I personally try to keep it somewhat viable, like the real-life Omani Hunters avaliable as DLC, who are just upgraded with more IRM rails. Other things I think are viable include chaff/flare dispensers and uprated engines.. but don't let this hamper your creativity :biggrin:

Harrier mercs:

merc2.jpg

Tunnan:

merc1.jpg

Commission for Stary:

post-5735-0-62105600-1345995675_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

1st Special Ops Squadron; Dhimar, 1974:

post-29988-0-15034200-1345996168_thumb.jpg

post-29988-0-28744100-1345996199_thumb.jpg

The Last Gunfighter gets a new lease of life with Israeli and russian avionics, the Kopyo radar set and the Israeli jammers rom the MiG-21 Bison. Also, the Colt Mk12 cannons are replaced by NR23 cannons for added reliability!

lastgunfighter.jpg

lastgunfighter1.jpg

lastgunfighter2.jpg

lastgunfighter3.jpg

• Like 5

Commission for Stary:

What aircraft is this? I don't think I have seen this one before and I am interested into this aircraft, especially flying her in SF2.

still have your RN decals showing ian. better take em off before the MoD gets in hot water again!

The Last Gunfighter gets a new lease of life with Israeli and russian avionics, the Kopyo radar set and the Israeli jammers rom the MiG-21 Bison. Also, the Colt Mk12 cannons are replaced by NR23 cannons for added reliability!

lastgunfighter.jpg

lastgunfighter1.jpg

lastgunfighter2.jpg

lastgunfighter3.jpg

Jeeeezzzz!!!!

Its too much Area 88 style and i love it!

• Like 1

So, long time SF/SF2 simmer. Love it, it's always here when everything else gets old. Awhile back I pressganged several merc skins from the skins DL section, here are some of the memorables. Would like to thank Cocas and the guy that did the Dhimr Training Skins for the F86, and others, who's names and situations I've forgotten. Years of Fun.

img00061.JPG

img00089.JPG

img00080.JPG

img00088.JPG

img00095.JPG

img00042.JPG

img00090.JPG

img00105.JPG

• Like 3

^^----Thx to: whiteknight06604 for the F86 "Leopard" skin (I've been digging through files...).

• Like 1

I have uploaded a bunch of matching Mercenary Sand Skins in the past. Today I added a few more but they are still pending approval.  I hope I can upload the whole of it eventually. The skins in the sets are matching in color exactly. Except that sometimes the tone of the bottom is a slightly different grey.

https://combatace.com/profile/32175-gerwin/content/?type=downloads_file

Mercenary Camo Sand (for Paran)          

Spitfire 9C
Avia S-99
Hunter 6-IRM
Mirage-IIIC, -IIIE, -5
Kfir C2
MiG-17F
MiG-21PFM, MF, MF'75, bis
MiG-23MF, ML
MiG-27
MiG-29A
Il-28
F-5E
F-15A
F-16A
C-130A
(Mirage 2000C)

Aggressor Camo (3-tone Sky color)    
Mirage-IIIC
Kfir C2
A-4F '74 / M
A-4G / E
F-5E
F-14A
F-16A, C
F/A-18A
C-130A

Dhimar Camo Dark Grey  (not shown, not uploaded yet)

Spitfire 9e
Hunter 6-IRM (this is Oman camo from the DLC, this is the reference color for the others)
A-4E / M
F-104G, S
Kfir C2
C-130A

FA-18A_AGRCamo1.jpg

KfirC2_MercSand1.jpg

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 4

South China Sea activity

TA-4J

img00105.thumb.JPG.34f8c51f24b4a71e74a2828479e85663.JPG

Philippine Marine Corps Harrier

img00081.thumb.JPG.b029b6ea02a87428f3807826e5ea1a4f.JPG

• Like 2

Interesting paint schemes. The Harrier is indeed a great subject for some mercenary service.

It just occured to me again, that although I call my Desert Skin sets "Mercenary Sand", I use them for the SFP1 Paran nation. Mercenaries in SFP1 are on Dhimar's side, so that is the other way around...  Actually I don't even use Mercenaries in the Desert map nations list. Maybe I should?

But I suppose with the SFP1/SF2 games it is easy to use skins in whatever configuration desired. I love that about these games. :)

Very Cool, Thx Guys.