FLOGGER23

Why is everybody bugging out from SF series?

And to add some few words about it.....it's strange (or amazing....pick one) that no more guys took the way he took earlier....

And to add some few words about it.....it's strange (or amazing....pick one) that no more guys took the way he took earlier....

Where did mlracing end up??

used to post some stuff at SimQH... can't say if he's still around there though

and we bashed mlracing too early... time will come we'll need guys like him

I bashed him because he's constantly showing off and braggin about Mods in Vids/Screenshots, but never releases any of the Mods. Everytime someone started a topic about something he'd reply withing a few hours with another Video showing off one of his mods.

and some of the GFX in his Screens and Videos dont match some of the Standard SF/Thirdwire Stuff,

So.... Im Skeptical, Until my F-16 has wing wobble and cool new features (minus STOVL and Carrier Ops)

the Ingame "Mesh Editor" by itself would be monumental.

Edited by SkateZilla

and some of the GFX in his Screens and Videos dont match some of the Standard SF/Thirdwire Stuff,

which ones exactly? Sometimes my modded SF2 screens do not look like "Standard SF/Thirdwire Stuff" either :tongue:

and RGR that mesh editor video was exceptional

(and no, I'm not mlracing... sadly as I'd love to have his inside stuff knowledge)

I can fly almost any aircraft plus missions/campaigns from:

WW1 (FE2)

20's-30's (SF2 +Mods)

WW2 Europe (SF2V+E+Mods) Even 1946 what-if

WW2 Pacific (SF2V+E+Mods)

WW2 Desert (SF2V+E+Mods+CPL Eng.)

WW2 Russia (SF2V+E+Mods+CPL Eng.)

Operation Olympic (SF2V+E+Mods) (WW2 Invasion of Japan)

50's-60's Cold War (SF2V+E+Mods)

Vietnam War (SF2V+E+Mods)

70's-80's (SF2V+E+Mods)

Israeli Wars (SF2 Israel)

90's-Modern Day (SF2V+E+Mods) Including Desert Storm

My machine won't run SF2NA or I would have it.

The +Mods are from ALL the terrific people here at CombatAce. (Wrench,Dave,Storm,Eric,FastCargo,On and On.) :friends:

Go to the downloads section and look at the thousands of them.

You can fly the "Good Guys" aircraft or the "Bad Guys" your choice.

You can't go anywhere else and do that!

You can do what you want but,I'm here for the duration that CA is here. :yahoo:

• Like 2

According to posts I saw on french FC/DCS ... forums, all in not bright in the ED world neither.

For the moment, I am still happy with SFP2 ...

in a sense?

I simply have fun : it is simple, I can fly a lot od=f aircraft and I do not intend to stop playing it.

Though I agree that the new NA map is a failure

I was curious as to why EDs world ain't bright either, sorry if didn't made myself clear Jeanba

Because the size of the sun in EDs world is wrong, it's too big. But i dont think that's the answer you're looking for.

Basically the now 70 Pages (?) of whining about FC3 makes DSCW/LoMAC look like they are having issues too,

but the whining is mainly because the Western Fighters Look better, even though the weapons (Particularly the AIM120) is neutered.

Edited by SkateZilla

thought so... bit of "mine is better" everyone is prone to :tomato:

The pricing policy and the FC3 product is also very unclear.

Because the size of the sun in EDs world is wrong, it's too big. But i dont think that's the answer you're looking for.

Basically the now 70 Pages (?) of whining about FC3 makes DSCW/LoMAC look like they are having issues too,

but the whining is mainly because the Western Fighters Look better, even though the weapons (Particularly the AIM120) is neutered.

Maybe because many people came from old Flanker 1 & 2 and for them its one of the most important fighter in this series. Heck for me Flanker 1 was one of the best sim ever.

• Like 1

The pricing policy and the FC3 product is also very unclear.

What’s unclear?

$39.99, Installs as a DCSW Module(s)

Requires Lock On to be Installed on the System, or Flaming Cliffs 2, which requires LockOn to be installed too, so I dunno why they didnt just say LockOn.

The Lockon Requirement is because Flaming Cliffs is Ubisoft's IP.

You can Buy Lockon in the US from UbiStore for 9.99 and download it, or from online sites as low as $5.99, Do NOT buy used copies to avoid DRM/Licensing Issues.

You DO NOT Need the Platinum Versions with FC2 or any of the FC Addons. Only the Original LoMAC installed/activated.

39.99 for 8 Planes with AFM, Non-Clickable Cockpits. About $4.99/Plane, or $6.24/Plane if you have to Buy LoMAC from Ubistore for $9.99

F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25T, and Su-25,

F-15C Campaign/Missions/DCSW Integration, Upgraded AFM for A2A Missiles,

What do we get for 39.99 from TW?

Maybe because many people came from old Flanker 1 & 2 and for them its one of the most important fighter in this series. Heck for me Flanker 1 was one of the best sim ever.

Flanker was awesome, but That doesn’t mean the Jet gets an Automatic “God Mode” Boost that people want it to have,

So Far all of the screens are of the AI controlled Flanker vs Human Piloted F-15C, so that may not even be the new Flanker 3d Model in those screens (well it might be in the promo screens). The MIG-29 Models look Fantastic, as do other AI models in the screens.

ED already said the F-15 was given special treatment for a reason.

Who’s to say ED isn’t working on a AFM Study Level Flanker eventually/soon/now?

Edited by SkateZilla

I'm not a computer whiz so i don't really understand all this encoding stuff but i remember that someone was able to make a cat. extractor for SF1. My question is... is it really impossible to Unlock all the locked files without TW's permission? If he's intent on keeping it that way can he really stop all the geniuses on this site?

My question is... is it really impossible to Unlock all the locked files without TW's permission? If he's intent on keeping it that way can he really stop all the geniuses on this site?

now the way the files are locked prevents 3rd party extractors to even "see" them in the CAT files... and consider this: if some skilled guy comes with his own CAT extractor like Gerwin did, then most propably Thirdwire would lock the cats even further or permanently... you know the "piracy excuse"

Edited by Stary

Oh bummer, that excuse is so stupid. Let it be pirated and then go "apple".. might make them more money. Really love this game, the game is fun and the community is so helpful that it enhances the value of the product. whatever happens it'll still be the only flight sim for me and i know you and the a lot of guys here won't bail out on it. then someday things will work it self out. TW may have a change of heart or something. regardless i believe modders will persevere.

now the way the files are locked prevents 3rd party extractors to even "see" them in the CAT files... and consider this: if some skilled guy comes with his own CAT extractor like Gerwin did, then most propably Thirdwire would lock the cats even further or permanently... you know the "piracy excuse"

exactly what i was gonna say, If we were to bypass the official extracter with a 3rd party one that is capable of seeing the Locked Files, im pretty sure TW would step up measures more to prevent us from having continued access.

Differences between FC2 and FC3 are the problem

i understand people that paid Full retail for FC2 will seem mad that they have to pay another $40 to get FC3 to play online in DCSW vs the A-10C, P-51D, KA-50 and other modules, and that the "new Features" dont seem too much different, with the list of Bug's I've seen for FC2, which is why i never went to lomac/FC2, Im pretty sure they'll like FC3 in DCSW.

And TW Users have been dealing with that since 2004.

Edited by SkateZilla

Let's be honest and admit that ED does A LOT of recycling too, even more so than TW.

If you followed Lomac from the start like TW games then you had:

LockON 1.x

LockON FC

LockON FC2

LockOn FC3

with very little changes if at all in general content, most of the changes were patch level material truth be told and each installment costed way more than any of the TW games, and if you wanted anything really new you had to pay a lot, A LOT more for it.

So while like I said appreciate what ED is doing let's be clear and honest on what you get for what amount of money...

Right, and that's what gives me pause for FC3. I've already spent $100 on LOMAC/FC1/FC2, buying all at release for full price. To make that $140? Ok, FC1 added the Su-25T and was "1.1" for LOMAC, so I was fine with that. Played a ton of it before and after getting FC1, although only A2G as the A2A missiles were just too off for me. Still, a good $30.

FC2, updated terrain (matching BS1), MP integration with BS1, but was also "1.13" for FC1. A2A missiles better, but still needed work. Another $30. I was iffy, but relented. In the event I've spent maybe 10 hrs in FC2. Shouldn't have bothered.

FC3 has no new planes, no new FMs (like FC1 added the AFM for su-25 as well as Su-25T), just lots of improvements for one plane and the missiles. And it's $40.

As I'm out of work (and as of 2 weeks ago, so is my wife!!!!!!!!!!!), I can't justify $40 for FC3. I probably would've had trouble with $30. I spent $30 for Combined Arms anyway, but I'll have to wait for a sale or employment to get FC3.

hopefully its the last time they recycle FC,

it seems FC3 was meant to be imported to DCSW from the start as a stop gap before they finish DCS: F-xx

Edited by SkateZilla